Is redNAND still possible to install? I want this to be an option in case something bad happens to my Wii U NAND lik it corrupting or something

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is all it extracted from the title folder:

1636828735285.png

brain age should've been in the 00050000 folder, but it didn't extract it, only system titles. that's the only game I had on the mlc.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh no, it's OK. I don't install new homebrew often (because there are many clones of already-existing homebrew out there) and I only really install homebrew if it's something I want as a quality-of-life feature or replacing existing homebrew for homebrew that is better at its job. Also, why the heck are MLC files so large if they don't store user-downloaded data?!
it's the entire internal flash, including free space. when I extracted the content of a 29.xGB mlc, it was only around 1GB, since all I had was brain age.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the dumper on the wii u kept corrupting the BaristaIconDatabase.bin file, so it would error on that file during extracting. had to learn how to compile wfs-extract with a fix that allows locations with uppercase in them. otherwise, it will say it can't find the location. it worked though. I ftp'd the file over and injected it. now, no error when extracting the mlc.

Jediweirdo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ohh, I see. So pretty much while the MLC includes everything, it counts blank space as something and just adds that to the pile too. But when it gets extracted, I guess it can tell which file are needed and which files where just place-holders to represent blank space. I wonder why they can't also just give us the user-generated content as well? Having things like save files and homebrew being saved would be pretty convenient. But I guess it makes sense if you think about it. What if you reflash the backup to your NAND and apart of it, you had CBHC? Would it have problems because it wasn't installed properly and bootloop the Wii U? These questions are purely hypothetical though.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
saves are in the usr folder, but I don't see anything for the games prefix. I never played brain age, only tested if it worked after installing cbhc.

Jediweirdo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
saves are in the usr folder, but I don't see anything for the games prefix. I never played brain age, only tested if it worked after installing cbhc.
Ohhh, that's good to know. There's only saves that are saved? At least you don't have to worry about losing that I guess. Sorry for the late reply though-- that wasn't intentional

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can get them with savemiii mod. it will mass dump them, but in order to inject them, you have to assign the saves a slot. when you mass dump, they all end up in the batch folder iirc. that's something I figured out.

Jediweirdo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, that seems simple enough. FOr save-slot assigning, does savemii prompt/ask you what slot the saves should be in, or is that something you do yourself?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it won't with batch dumping, it will with single dumping or injecting. that's a problem with how it's set up.

1636831644138.png

1636831672502.png

same game save, but as you can see batch doesn't assign it to a slot. the 0 in the first image is the slot.

Jediweirdo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't that annoying, huh? You have to go through every game and assign it to a save slot if its batched together...

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess, there's probably a way to create a 0 file and put the profile id folder inside it with some batch script. it won't find it if it's in the batch folder though.

Jediweirdo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well at least there's a fix to it, but you still need to separate each file manually which is still time consuming. Yikes!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...