Homebrew Is possible to create a wiiflow channel on the wii U vWii?

Tackskull

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi there, I am playing wii and gamecube backups on my Wii U vWii using Wiilow. The fact is I am running Wiilow via homebrew channel and each time I want to switch a game I have to relaunch the homebrew channel each time and from there launching wiiflow again.

I would like to create a channel of wiiflow without passing the homebrew channel, is that possible on WiiU vWII? In all the videos on youtube I saw people running wiiflow only via homebrew. The onl once using the wiifflow channel seems to use an original Wii and not a Wii U.

What can you tell me?

gburgue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi there, I am playing wii and gamecube backups on my Wii U vWii using Wiilow. The fact is I am running Wiilow via homebrew channel and each time I want to switch a game I have to relaunch the homebrew channel each time and from there launching wiiflow again.

I would like to create a channel of wiiflow without passing the homebrew channel, is that possible on WiiU vWII? In all the videos on youtube I saw people running wiiflow only via homebrew. The onl once using the wiifflow channel seems to use an original Wii and not a Wii U.

What can you tell me?
I could suggest you:

On vWii, use WiiFlow Channel Installer v1.1 by Fix94 to install both the WiiFlow forwarder channel and the hidden (return to WiiFlow) channel. And on Wiiflow general settings: make sure you set the option to go back to Wiiflow when leaving a game ("Return To Channel" option = WiiFlow).

Additionally, on Wii U, you could use TeconMoon's WiiVC Injector (selecting vWii NAND Title Launcher option) to create a forwarder channel that allows you to load the Wiiflow forwarder channel installed on vWii (TitleID = DWFA), directly from the Wii U Menu. For example, something that looks like this...

iconTex.png
(forwarder's icon)

Reactions: laz305

Tackskull

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I could suggest you:

On vWii, use WiiFlow Channel Installer v1.1 by Fix94 to install both the WiiFlow forwarder channel and the hidden (return to WiiFlow) channel. And on Wiiflow general settings: make sure you set the option to go back to Wiiflow when leaving a game ("Return To Channel" option = WiiFlow).

Additionally, on Wii U, you could use TeconMoon's WiiVC Injector (selecting vWii NAND Title Launcher option) to create a forwarder channel that allows you to load the Wiiflow forwarder channel installed on vWii (TitleID = DWFA), directly from the Wii U Menu. For example, something that looks like this...

View attachment 148779
(forwarder's icon)

Hi, thanks a lot :) Can you tell me how to install the channel? I downloaded it but don't know how to

gburgue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi, thanks a lot :) Can you tell me how to install the channel? I downloaded it but don't know how to
Extract the files from WiiFlow_Channel_Installer_v1.1 to the root of your SD card and launch the WiiFlow Channel Installer from The Homebrew Channel (on vWii).

Last edited by gburgue,

Russellgro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I made and installed the WiiFlow Lite app on the Wii U menu and this is what I get greeted with:
laUTQyU.jpg

Thing is it DOES work in vWii mode. Any way I can fix this?

Last edited by Russellgro,

n00bsaib0t

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I made and installed the WiiFlow Lite app on the Wii U menu and this is what I get greeted with:
laUTQyU.jpg

Thing is it DOES work in vWii mode. Any way I can fix this?
First of all, update your Wii Flow. The cIOS error was fixed a couple weeks ago. Second, you have to choose between Game Pad support for Game Cube titles (Wii VC inject) or playing Wii games, you can't have both due to how IOS works. Check out fledge's reply to me here for how to set up Wii Flow as a forwarder from your WiiU menu without Game Pad support.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiflow-lite.422685/page-140

Game Cube games will still support the Pro Controller this way, and Wii games will support any controllers they natively supported. From there, for times you want to play Game Cube games with the Game Pad, I suggest setting up Nintendont with Game Pad support.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...e-ps1-n64-games-from-the-wiiu-gamepad.489122/

You can also make injects for your individual Wii and Game Cube games using technomoon's Wii VC injector.

Reactions: Russellgro

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
First of all, update your Wii Flow. The cIOS error was fixed a couple weeks ago. Second, you have to choose between Game Pad support for Game Cube titles (Wii VC inject) or playing Wii games, you can't have both due to how IOS works. Check out fledge's reply to me here for how to set up Wii Flow as a forwarder from your WiiU menu without Game Pad support.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiflow-lite.422685/page-140

Game Cube games will still support the Pro Controller this way, and Wii games will support any controllers they natively supported. From there, for times you want to play Game Cube games with the Game Pad, I suggest setting up Nintendont with Game Pad support.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...e-ps1-n64-games-from-the-wiiu-gamepad.489122/

You can also make injects for your individual Wii and Game Cube games using technomoon's Wii VC injector.
How do I set up Wiiflow as a Wii U forwarder (wup) so I can run Wii titles off the SD card and use the Wii U Gamepad? I’m aware this will only work with games that support classic controller, keep in mind I’ve always used USB Loader GX instead since on Wii it was never an issue I could just plug in my personal preferable GC controller.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
You could instead make a fowarders with tecnonmoons wiivc injector
Issue is 1 my hard drive is already full and 2 I’m worried of the 300 titles limit, plus 3 start up may be slow, it’s still a good thing I don’t need to do it with GC cutting my library in half but still would be cool if Wii titles could run off the SD similar to GC.

Reactions: Norris

n00bsaib0t

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I set up Wiiflow as a Wii U forwarder (wup) so I can run Wii titles off the SD card and use the Wii U Gamepad? I’m aware this will only work with games that support classic controller, keep in mind I’ve always used USB Loader GX instead since on Wii it was never an issue I could just plug in my personal preferable GC controller.
Unless something changed, you can't. If you enable Game Pad support in the inject creator you'll get a message saying you can't launch Wii games every time you try to launch one in Wii Flow. Only Game Cube titles will allow it. You can absolutely run Wii games off your SD card, just not with Game Pad support. Follow the link I posted in the post you quoted for the forwarder for the no Game Pad forwarder.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Unless something changed, you can't. If you enable Game Pad support in the inject creator you'll get a message saying you can't launch Wii games every time you try to launch one in Wii Flow. Only Game Cube titles will allow it. You can absolutely run Wii games off your SD card, just not with Game Pad support. Follow the link I posted in the post you quoted for the forwarder for the no Game Pad forwarder.
Oh I was only interested for Gamepad support otherwise I can just run them off USB just fine... I really hope to be able to use Gamepad like with Nintendont but I guess there’s no escape injecting games and installing them.

Thank you so much for the response, buddy. 👍

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto