Hacking Is my sysNand ready for A9LH?

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't believe I got an April Fools version of Decrypt9. That made me laugh :lol:

Everything seems to be working fine now. Thanks to all of you for helping :bow:

But I still have a few questions:
1. Decrypt9 now loads with L+R on boot, but "0x1B KeyX: not found --- Initialization partly failed" is shown on its startup. But it seems to be working. Is this ok or am I missing something here?
2. What happens to an updated sysNand if 10.8 comes out? Would it be safe to update to it?
3. Can Nintendo ever patch A9LH?

1. Did you leave the various key bins on the SD Card? If not, copy them to the SD Card.

2. If Nintendo updates firmlaunch, it may work and at worst become temporarily bricked until a newer AuReiNAND or Cakes comes out that will boot it.

3. Nintendo cannot patch it but they can make it super annoying by updating firm all the time along with requiring the system menu to have an updated firm to even launch.

Reactions: codeluca

SpaceJump

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
1. Did you leave the various key bins on the SD Card? If not, copy them to the SD Card.
I have these key bin files on the root of the SD card:
  • key_0x1B.bin
  • key_0x16.bin
  • Slot0x05KeyY.bin
  • slot0x11key96.bin
  • slot0x25KeyX.bin
Am I missing one?

EDIT: Just checked Part 5 of the guide again and I forgot to download the slot0x1BKeyX.bin file, which I was missing :shy:

Last edited by SpaceJump,

gkoelho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can't believe I got an April Fools version of Decrypt9. That made me laugh :lol:

Everything seems to be working fine now. Thanks to all of you for helping :bow:

But I still have a few questions:
1. Decrypt9 now loads with L+R on boot, but "0x1B KeyX: not found --- Initialization partly failed" is shown on its startup. But it seems to be working. Is this ok or am I missing something here?
2. What happens to an updated sysNand if 10.8 comes out? Would it be safe to update to it?
3. Can Nintendo ever patch A9LH?

1 - answered
2 - Are u on cakes or aureinand? If on cakes just dont forget to mark the "protect fim0\firm1" on cakes menu and it should be alright. If on aureinand it does it by default.
3 - Only with hardware revisions, which is not ganna happen

Reactions: SpaceJump

SpaceJump

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
One more thing: Using the HB Launcher to get into the Homebrew Menu works, but homebrews like Decrypt9, EmuNAND9 and SafeA9LHInstaller just reboot into the Homebrew Menu. These worked before when I used MenuHax. FBI on the other still works. Any idea?

EDIT: They still work if I use Cubic Ninja to load the Homebrew Menu.

Last edited by SpaceJump,

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One more thing: Using the HB Launcher to get into the Homebrew Menu works, but homebrews like Decrypt9, EmuNAND9 and SafeA9LHInstaller just reboot into the Homebrew Menu. These worked before when I used MenuHax. FBI on the other still works. Any idea?
You have a9lh right? Just run them on boot using a boot manager. Iirc, those three can only be booted on 9.2.

Reactions: SpaceJump

SpaceJump

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Aaaaand another question: :lol:

If I launch AuReiNand with the L button (sysNand with firmware90.bin), are the sig checks patched? Could I insert FBI to the health & safety app here, install the GW loader CIA to get into GW emuNand?

Is GW compatible with emuNands created by EmuNAND9?

I think my head explodes, but I think I slowly understand the whole A9LH concept ;)

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aaaaand another question: :lol:

If I launch AuReiNand with the L button (sysNand with firmware90.bin), are the sig checks patched? Could I insert FBI to the health & safety app here, install the GW loader CIA to get into GW emuNand?

Is GW compatible with emuNands created by EmuNAND9?

I think my head explodes, but I think I slowly understand the whole A9LH concept ;)

Yea , this is what I did. Gateway requires GW emunand and not rednand so you may need to convert it via emunand9 to emunand to use emunand.

SpaceJump

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I loaded FBI on emuNand, pressed L to switch to destination Nand and installed the Gateway shortcut CIA. But instead showing up on sysNand it is now in emuNand as black app. Did I do something wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.