Hacking Is my Acekard 2.1 a fake?

LinuxRevolution

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

I recently got an Acekard 2.1 from DealExtreme. The flashcart seemed to be normal, coming in a cardboard box and was made from greyish plastic with a silver sticker on the front reading:

Acekard 2
ver 2.1
the real ultimate experience in your hand
www.acekard.com

I opened the 5 clips on the cartridge and looked inside. The side of the card slot seemed to be identical to others I've seen, but instead of the other side having a square thing on it, mine has a round spot, made of what appears to be epoxy.

Is my AceKard a fake?

Thanks
Please ask for any other relevant information.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
if it runs akaio or the official firmware then it is an acekard. there were dstt and edge cards shipping with the acekard 2.1 sticker on them. this was a mistake of the retailers who order in bulk and apply their own stickers.

but i will second what boxshot said, there are no fake acekards.

-another world

owlman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Another World said:
if it runs akaio or the official firmware then it is an acekard. there were dstt and edge cards shipping with the acekard 2.1 sticker on them. this was a mistake of the retailers who order in bulk and apply their own stickers.

-another world

So, if AKAIO works it should be fine? J/W cause i bought an acekard from [censored]s and i heard they used to sale fake dstts

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
owlman said:
Another World said:

-another world

So, if AKAIO works it should be fine? J/W cause i bought an acekard from [censored]s and i heard they used to sale fake dstts

A year and a half bump... I think that's the newest record I've seen...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox