Hacking Question Is it worth to stay with SX OS?

Robika

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi on this subject, my friend is sailor so he loads up his switch with games and leaves like for 6 months. Whenever he comes back I have to update his switch with the app with the bunny (name is a nightmare), he asked if SXOS was dead.So it seems, I will move his SD cards over to Atmosphere, and teach him how to transform XCI to NSP. Do you recommend EmuNand?

Last edited by Robika,

evilone

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I will stay with SXOS as long as possible.

I have a dual boot with Atmosphere, but to be honest i still perfer SXOS, its simply easier also for Stupid People (like me :P).
Currently there is no need, as there is no game which needs 11.0.1, i will wait for the next major update and see.

DevilzCY

Trophies
XP
Country
I use SXOS and the newest update of animal crossing new horizon requires 11.0.1, I'm currently on 11.0. Any solution for me?

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sy-clk works on sxos? How?

Everything pretty much works on SXOS. You just have to put the files in to the SXOS folder. SXOS/titles or SXOS/layeredfs. Tesla. Sys clk, sys-con etc.etc. Game mods too. Emuiibo gives me issues on SX but I haven't looked on to it. Probably the dir structure.

The closest thing you can do is use nscbuilder to patch the update file to 11.0

Tinfoil will bypass firmware requirements. It does work as stated above. I'd like to add that I had to update my keys.txt manually before.. or the install fails on NEW eshop games.

I just switched to Atmosphere. I feel like it is worth it if you put in the work. I thought Atmosphere would lose USB HDD and XCI but Tinfoil can install XCI to SD from USB HDD just fine. Some more tips:
1. Backup saves with JKSV and back up the folder it makes on the SD card to your computer before doing anything.
2. Learn and acquire the required files to boot Atmosphere with your method of choice. There is an extra step if you use the SX Pro or Gear dongle.
3. Use Hekkate to make your partitions on SD card and create emuMMC
4.You might have to then update to 11.0.1 using ChoiDujourNX.
5. You can restore save files after launching a game for the first time using JKSV.

Just use both. I have 2 EmuNAND setups on the same SD. I switch back and forth with the Tesla overlay fastCFWswitch. Remember most of the EmuNAND is usable space anyway.

Threads like this are the result of rampant and willful misinformation of SX OS. People who think that they are helping the scene by restricting and destroying helpful threads regarding SX OS are just making it harder for the user. You don't have to choose between the two. Just run both. You can either use two SD cards or put two emunand on the same SD. It's well worth it to have functional USB XCI loading. Over 3000 compatible games.

It is worth it to keep both.

Reactions: CanIHazWarez

Malaixiyaren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
SNK vs Capcom needs the new firmware, sharing how to install it.
  1. Google search "11.0.1 prod.keys", There should be a download link which is shared in reddit.;
  2. there is no need to use lockpick, because you need the firmware 11.0.1 prod.keys file;
  3. rename it to keys.txt;
  4. install NSC Builder;
  5. copy and paste keys.txt to ztools folder;
  6. By the way, 12.0.0 prod.keys file is not available yet;
  7. repack as ticketless NSP;
  8. do not patch the Required System Version;
  9. Awoo-Installer-1.34 (the installer in SXOS might not work).

Last edited by Malaixiyaren,

Malaixiyaren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
The answer to "Is it worth to stay with SX OS?" is, it depends! I want to connect Wii Remote but MissionControl is only supported in Atmosphere. I have insufficient number of Joy-con for multiplayer games such as Flat Heroes. My children love playing the Wii, I think it is because the Wii Remote is bigger and easier to hold in the hands than Joy-con.

Attachments

• flat-heroes-switch-hero.jpg
    flat-heroes-switch-hero.jpg
    358.7 KB · Views: 175

lucoia

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Does this work with any game that requires 11.0.1+ ?

1. Google search "11.0.1 prod.keys", There should be a download link which is shared in reddit.;
  2. there is no need to use lockpick, because you need the firmware 11.0.1 prod.keys file;
  4. install NSC Builder;

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  4. install NSC Builder;
Seems like a lot of unnecessary work when you can just dump the keys or even just install the game with Atmosphere.

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I changed to atmosphere when they started getting slow with updates, but I think atmosphere is more stable. With sxos I seemed to have issues with third part controllers randomly that required a reboot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu