Hacking Is it worth it to buy SX OS?

thealgorithm

Trophies
XP
Country
In a nutshell to the question "is it worth getting the SXOS". Simple answer is..

If you want backup loading as soon as possible, Yes (Could be even quicker than SX-PRO due to the time it takes to actually arrive at your address via post)

If you don't want to shell out £20 or so and be patient and wait longer or far longer, then wait for atmosphere and someone to implement backup loader.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are above 3.0 you might as well get the SXOS as there won't be a convenient way to get into RCM mode.
Auto RCM with the dongle is the best thing next to a software solution which only god knows when that will even be available to all firmwares
And you can update your switch to enjoy the latest backups/game updates. Not entirely sure if Atmosphere is capable of sustaining its privileges upon console updates

Last edited by MasterJ360, , Reason: Can't spell

NeoSlyde

Let us start the game
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Forgive me if I sound ignorant, but buying software for the purpose of piracy just sounds stupid.
You know developement isn't easy
Open source and free releases become so main stream that you forgot that there is a lot of work done and it deserve to be paid

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Like i'll always say devs and artist need to make a living, pay fpr art and soft/hardware and don't be greedy

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgive me if I sound ignorant, but buying software for the purpose of piracy just sounds stupid.
It may sound stupid on paper, but ppl tend to buy things on what's available and convenient for them to use. We all know it will be free "Someday" despite buying the product
You also gotta buy storage for piracy which costs even more, but im not brave enough to say its stupid.

NeoSlyde

Let us start the game
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France
After long time thinking i've finally decided to:
upload_2018-6-11_1-27-44.png

GET IT :D
YOLO
It's really cheap for what it does

Last edited by NeoSlyde,
Reactions: slaphappygamer

veddermandan

Trophies
Website
youtu.be
XP
Country
Australia
Is SX OS literally worth the price? Sure. It's far cheaper than most games. However, considering Atmosphere and an unofficially accompanying backup loader are up in the air with regard to a release date, it might not be worth pre-ordering SX OS, and it might be worth waiting until after the release of SX OS to see where things stand.

Personally, I have a 3.0.0 Switch and wouldn't use SX OS without emuNAND support.

I also have a 3.0.0 but have preordered.
I don't play online. Never buy digital games so dont need access to Nintendos networks. Dont need emunand.
I will only play games up to 3.0.0 until its definitely confirmed no coldboots will be available. SciresM pretty much said its to complicated atm.
Atmosphere has no release dates. The developers rarely give updates or comment in the community.
Xecuter being a paid for solution is the only option atm especially combined with the dongle. Also being a company they will offer better faster support as there is a financial incentive.
Open source you really just left to the whim of any developers. They all have different priorities and interests in development.

Reactions: Quantumcat

NeoSlyde

Let us start the game
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I also have a 3.0.0 but have preordered.
I don't play online. Never buy digital games so dont need access to Nintendos networks. Dont need emunand.
I will only play games up to 3.0.0 until its definitely confirmed no coldboots will be available. SciresM pretty much said its to complicated atm.
Atmosphere has no release dates. The developers rarely give updates or comment in the community.
Xecuter being a paid for solution is the only option atm especially combined with the dongle. Also being a company they will offer better faster support as there is a financial incentive.
Open source you really just left to the whim of any developers. They all have different priorities and interests in development.

Is it a good idea to play online with dumped games (BBB ones)?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it a good idea to play online with dumped games (BBB ones)?
If you mean play on the latest firmware using their dumps, it may not be a good idea as everyone else is going to be using the same dumps. Assuming Nintendo is smart enough, they will ban users. If you mean to play them via their respective online servers (i.e. MK8D), you can't without injecting a header that they removed. You can try dumping one of your Switch games for its header and then injecting it into one of their dumps, but we don't know if there are additional checks in place that can detect a foreign header or not.

Reactions: NeoSlyde

NeoSlyde

Let us start the game
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you mean play on the latest firmware using their dumps, it may not be a good idea as everyone else is going to be using the same dumps. Assuming Nintendo is smart enough, they will ban users. If you mean to play them via their respective online servers (i.e. MK8D), you can't without injecting a header that they removed. You can try dumping one of your Switch games for its header and then injecting it into one of their dumps, but we don't know if there are additional checks in place that can detect a foreign header or not.
Oh... so I can’t play backups on 5.1.0?

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately for me I already bought all the Switch games I wanted to play before TX announced backup launching.

Even games you already paid for (often at a lower price) on other platforms and while you may want to try it on switch, not with pay that much for it again?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh... so I can’t play backups on 5.1.0?
Again, it depends on what you mean by "play". You can certainly just boot up the backups on 5.1. Whether or not this results in a ban or not is still left to be seen. But you certainly can't go play on online servers using the raw dumps provided by BBB. They lack the unique header required for online play. The 3DS was the exact same as all 3DS games were stripped of their header. To circumvent this, you would just dump a header from one of your own legitimately acquired 3DS games and inject it into a dump. As long as 2 or more people didn't go online using the same header, Nintendo cannot ban you for injecting a foreign header. For the Switch, there may be additional checks in place if there is a header injected if its not from the same game. In order to play against other people from the world using a MK8D dump, you may or may need a header from a legally acquired copy of MK8D. Since we cannot play backups yet, we don't know what will happen to the game if it has a header injected from a foreign game or if Nintendo could possibly detect a header that does not match the base game.

Even games you already paid for (often at a lower price) on other platforms and while you may want to try it on switch, not with pay that much for it again?
I'm sorry, I'm having trouble understanding what you are saying. Do you mind repeating that to me again?

NeoSlyde

Let us start the game
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Again, it depends on what you mean by "play". You can certainly just boot up the backups on 5.1. Whether or not this results in a ban or not is still left to be seen. But you certainly can't go play on online servers using the raw dumps provided by BBB. They lack the unique header required for online play. The 3DS was the exact same as all 3DS games were stripped of their header. To circumvent this, you would just dump a header from one of your own legitimately acquired 3DS games and inject it into a dump. As long as 2 or more people didn't go online using the same header, Nintendo cannot ban you for injecting a foreign header. For the Switch, there may be additional checks in place if there is a header injected if its not from the same game. In order to play against other people from the world using a MK8D dump, you may or may need a header from a legally acquired copy of MK8D. Since we cannot play backups yet, we don't know what will happen to the game if it has a header injected from a foreign game or if Nintendo could possibly detect a header that does not match the base game.

I'm sorry, I'm having trouble understanding what you are saying. Do you mind repeating that to me again?

I’ve heard that you need the same header as the game
Like if you use splat2 header with mk8d you get a ban

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not worth it. We already have an open source cart dumper, I'm sure it won't be long before someone releases a backup loader. I'm fairly certain that someone aside from TX already has one, perhaps a member of BBB or fail0verflow. It's just a short matter of waiting. Either that or wait for SX OS to be cracked.

I'm also pretty sure that Nintendo has done a better job of anti-piracy on the Switch, and while you may be able to play pirated games, I'm pretty sure anyone using scene dumps online will end up being banned.

I find it laughable that some people are arguing that TX should be paid for their hard work, but not the game devs...

Reactions: TAUSENN

NeoSlyde

Let us start the game
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Not worth it. We already have an open source cart dumper, I'm sure it won't be long before someone releases a backup loader. I'm fairly certain that someone aside from TX already has one, perhaps a member of BBB or fail0verflow. It's just a short matter of waiting. Either that or wait for SX OS to be cracked.

I'm also pretty sure that Nintendo has done a better job of anti-piracy on the Switch, and while you may be able to play pirated games, I'm pretty sure anyone using scene dumps online will end up being banned.

I find it laughable that some people are arguing that TX should be paid for their hard work, but not the game devs...
Yeah just keep waiting
In the mean time I'll be enjoying free games :D

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also my plans are: remove internet from my switch completely for the first weeks so I can have feedbacks etc..
Then see if I can go online or nah

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve heard that you need the same header as the game
Like if you use splat2 header with mk8d you get a ban
Yeah but people seem to be sharing that information without a source. We may or may not need the header from games that are the same in order to play online. That's why it would be wiser to wait until someone tests this out to see what would happen. Although if a ban were to happen, it may not happen immediately which might complicate matters.

NeoSlyde

Let us start the game
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah but people seem to be sharing that information without a source. We may or may not need the header from games that are the same in order to play online. That's why it would be wiser to wait until someone tests this out to see what would happen. Although if a ban were to happen, it may not happen immediately which might complicate matters.
So the best solution for me is to desactivate my internet for a while until we get more information before going online ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: