Gaming Is it time to buy a Gateway card?

NEO-BAHAMUT-

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Good evening,

I currently have a Nintendo 3DS XL that I have had for 2 years. Before I was aware of the gateway card I had updated past 4.x firmware and so was unable to use one if I had bought one.

Anyway with the news that the Gateway card is now going to support 9.2 Firmware (Which im currently on). Is it worth me buying the card now in anticipation of the upcoming release?

I'm in the UK and so was going to buy one for £50. Well worth the money in my opinion.

What are your views on it? - Also what size Micro SD card is worth getting?

thanks

Shanester

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes now is a good time to buy. Prices will only go up in the future as demand increases.
It depends on how many games you want to play at once, but 16 GB is a decent number. Games range from 500 MB to 2 GB.

Haymose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you believe "around the corner" might be next week then yes the time is now. Idk about microsd support but likely a size that will fit your personal needs.

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
I cant understand why prices would go up? That is not how economy works. If they produce more = massproduction = cheaper production cost = LOWER price.

OncRN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The price will likely increase in the short term due to jump in demand. Lotsa folks (like myself) on the sideline are waiting for the final release before buying in. Of course, there's always the issue of cheap imitations that will emerge shortly after the update is released, then the ensuing clone war, which will pressure prices down. As far as the micro SD, I would go ahead and spring for as large a card as you can afford.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I cant understand why prices would go up? That is not how economy works. If they produce more = massproduction = cheaper production cost = LOWER price.

it can go up... there will be a lot of demand, there will be a "purchase wave", gateway can increase the price to make a quick cash before nintendo blocks the card again and sales start to drop.... and when sales drop, they also drop the price...
also to cover up the firmware developing costs...

NEO-BAHAMUT-

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've opted not to buy yet. I'm going to wait until it's finally released before I go ahead. I have just like many of us been waiting a long time for this so I won't be updating.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up