Hacking is it safe to install cia themes on us o3dsxl / 100% legit omega ruby

aenoch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've installed several theme packs to emuNAND on N3DS AND O3DS, first had about 90 themes, second which I just got last night had 108. They all work, and it's very nice with the theme shuffle feature.

Edit: The only catch is that you have to uninstall the previous theme pack with big blue/red menu first. I think you can install right over it too, but you cannot install say one theme at a time. You can only install a theme pack or a single theme as they will over-write one another.

Edit Edit: Also, make sure it's for USA, not J or EU. Themes are region specific it seems. I'm not sure about 200 themes for US. I don't think there are that many yet but could be mistaken.

Pretty sure we got them from the same place. I went with the full collection instead of the split collection

seang96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not know why that is... I use custom themes and my sysnand is 4.2 so...

Oh? So I should actually be able to use the theme I purchased through classic mode on sysnand? It does not show up at all on themes in sysnand. Found it quite odd since I downloaded an update of a game and played fine on sysnand.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh? So I should actually be able to use the theme I purchased through classic mode on sysnand? It does not show up at all on themes in sysnand. Found it quite odd since I downloaded an update of a game and played fine on sysnand.

For the last time (first time for you) - DO NOT INSTALL THINGS TO SYSNAND. EMUNAND IS THERE FOR YOUR PROTECTION. USE IT. NURTURE IT. TREASURE IT.

seang96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the last time (first time for you) - DO NOT INSTALL THINGS TO SYSNAND. EMUNAND IS THERE FOR YOUR PROTECTION. USE IT. NURTURE IT. TREASURE IT.

Yeah, what pokemoner2500 said. I am not retarded. Also it would not make since to come to your conclusion since eshop is blocked on sysnand.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Since the themes install to the SD card, is there any way to just edit an existing purchased theme, and have it work without any flash carts or ninjahax? I'm on a 9.2U 2DS, if that matters.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He downloaded it to emunand and it worked on sysnand I believe, this has happened for me to. (SSB4 updated b4 I had GW)

Yeah, what pokemoner2500 said. I am not retarded. Also it would not make since to come to your conclusion since eshop is blocked on sysnand.

This could be because your NAND's are linked then. That's the only thing I can think of. I'd suggest unlinking them pronto unless you have a need to grab xorpad files.

seang96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This could be because your NAND's are linked then. That's the only thing I can think of. I'd suggest unlinking them pronto unless you have a need to grab xorpad files.

But if I unlink them then I would not be able to theme sysnand due to the lack of access to eshop right? Eshop content would not be capable of being downloaded on classic mode for sysnand.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But if I unlink them then I would not be able to theme sysnand due to the lack of access to eshop right? Eshop content would not be capable of being downloaded on classic mode for sysnand.

And I again return to my original statement - Do not do anything in sysNAND. Who cares if you have a theme in sysNAND? Leave no theme in sysNAND and you will be able to tell when you are in it. Classic mode changes to no theme, but you can re-apply them once you get into emuNAND.

seang96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And I again return to my original statement - Do not do anything in sysNAND. Who cares if you have a theme in sysNAND? Leave no theme in sysNAND and you will be able to tell when you are in it. Classic mode changes to no theme, but you can re-apply them once you get into emuNAND.

Well I do everything legit on sysnand because the exploit is bothersome. Not to mention you are at risk corrupting saves if you are booted in gateway mode for so long. Therefore, sysnand is better in my case for legit games. Which leads to me caring about theming sysnand. Also, I can always tell when I am in sysnand or emunand without that anyways. It only takes half of a brain to figure out what one you are in.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I do everything legit on sysnand because the exploit is bothersome. Not to mention you are at risk corrupting saves if you are booted in gateway mode for so long. Therefore, sysnand is better in my case for legit games. Which leads to me caring about theming sysnand. Also, I can always tell when I am in sysnand or emunand without that anyways. It only takes half of a brain to figure out what one you are in.

Even though the exploit is "bothersome", emuNAND is a form of protection from messing up sysNAND. All of your eShop purchases are in emuNAND, and game saves, etc. If you want to system transfer, you'll have to update your sysNAND to keep that progress, OR you could do everything in emuNAND and keep your original console exploitable. To each his own, but the more you do in sysNAND the more you have a chance of messing it up.

Best to just use emuNAND for everything than have to deal with a fucked up sysNAND. Plus you can always just leave your system in sleep mode, and if you really like your carts so much, just dump them from GW menu and play them in GW mode. No worry about "corrupt saves from staying in GW too long" although that's the first time I've ever heard of that issue.

Reactions: thorasgar

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not going to if I ever decide to A. leave GW, I want my purchases or B. I update accidently!

If you update accidentally you can re-download from eShop - Even purchases made in emuNAND are redownloadable as long as the NNID's match. Really there is no harm at all in abandoning sysNAND. If you're worried about KARL they already said they will support moving GW emuNAND to KARL emuNAND.

seang96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even though the exploit is "bothersome", emuNAND is a form of protection from messing up sysNAND. All of your eShop purchases are in emuNAND, and game saves, etc. If you want to system transfer, you'll have to update your sysNAND to keep that progress, OR you could do everything in emuNAND and keep your original console exploitable. To each his own, but the more you do in sysNAND the more you have a chance of messing it up.

Best to just use emuNAND for everything than have to deal with a fucked up sysNAND. Plus you can always just leave your system in sleep mode, and if you really like your carts so much, just dump them from GW menu and play them in GW mode. No worry about "corrupt saves from staying in GW too long" although that's the first time I've ever heard of that issue.

A lot you said there is terrible reasoning. Linked emunand means my saves sync for legit preinstalled games, meaning I can do a system transfer on emunand and keep that save. There is also no risk to updating. Even if you MASH the a button it will never force update. You HAVE to touch the touch screen. Therefore, you would have to be a mere idiot to screw up and accidentally update. Well thanks for supplying useless information. It seems that you do not know of a solution to my tiny problem. Thanks though.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you update accidentally you can re-download from eShop - Even purchases made in emuNAND are redownloadable as long as the NNID's match. Really there is no harm at all in abandoning sysNAND. If you're worried about KARL they already said they will support moving GW emuNAND to KARL emuNAND.
Just let him go. Some souls just can't be saved. :) He will be back here crying eventually.

Reactions: Maximilious

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot you said there is terrible reasoning. Linked emunand means my saves sync for legit preinstalled games, meaning I can do a system transfer on emunand and keep that save. There is also no risk to updating. Even if you MASH the a button it will never force update. You HAVE to touch the touch screen. Therefore, you would have to be a mere idiot to screw up and accidentally update. Well thanks for supplying useless information. It seems that you do not know of a solution to my tiny problem. Thanks though.

I gave you your answer. Your NAND's are linked. Have fun screwing your sysNAND. I will not answer your new inevitable thread "Somehow screwed up sysNAND - How to fix?"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning