Is it possible to replace the OS of a xbox one to windows, or a linux distro?

Flaire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The method I have been thinking about is taking out the hard drive and installing a new OS onto it, like windows or a linux distro, but I do not know whether it would work.
If not is there any way i can replace the OS with that of a desktop OS?

ZeroT21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no possibility of that happening because there's hardly any exclusives on it. Intentional or not ,most of these consoles only get hacked if there's something worth playing on it without limitations or if there's a reward for a exploit. For now we have dev mode, so the incentives just isn't there yet

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The method I have been thinking about is taking out the hard drive and installing a new OS onto it, like windows or a linux distro, but I do not know whether it would work.
If not is there any way i can replace the OS with that of a desktop OS?
Not possible yet. The Xbox One has yet to be hacked, of which I doubt.

Flaire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Apparently some hackers got Linux on it but I don’t know much about it. Besides, it’ll get patched as soon as it’s released.
I read up about that, but apparently its by downloading some sort of "JTAG" tool which seems sketchy since if i remember right a JTAG involved the power cable

TomChaai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Not possible.

Xbox has a well-implemented secure boot and disk file encryption. It ONLY loads official Xbox OS and it has version checks so even legit OS files won’t run if the version is too early.

There is zero public progress in terms of hacking the boot verification, JTAG method can’t work when it does not exist.

NotStupidAhaAha

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not possible.

Xbox has a well-implemented secure boot and disk file encryption. It ONLY loads official Xbox OS and it has version checks so even legit OS files won’t run if the version is too early.

There is zero public progress in terms of hacking the boot verification, JTAG method can’t work when it does not exist.
I guess so, checked and found no methods for Xbox One Linux... maybe Microsoft took it down, I imagined, or most likely, there was a Xbox (2001) exploit to get Linux running.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol