Is it possible to reinstall the DS game I used to install Haxchi?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by morrissey2k7, Jan 26, 2017.

1. morrissey2k7
    OP

morrissey2k7 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2008
    United States
    I'm just curious if I were to use uTikDownloadHelper to install Yoshi Touch & Go which I sacrificed to install Haxchi, would I be able to do that with no issues, or would it overwrite my Haxchi installation and mess things up. Hope asking this doesn't break any rules, but I obviously purchased Yoshi T&G, or I wouldn't have been able to install Haxchi in the first place.

2. GinBunBun

GinBunBun Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 24, 2012
    United States
    I don't know. Ohio I think?
    I pretty sure thats a huge no. I would have suggested buying one of the other more worthless games like brain age for use with haxchi. So if you want another DS game to use so you can play Yoshi touch & go get brain age instead. You also have the option of playing yosh touch & go in loadiine. That way it wouldnt even effect the haxchi'd one installed on sysnand.

Last edited by GinBunBun, Jan 26, 2017
  3. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    what can be done 100% safely is to play Yoshi Touch & Go using loadiine.

4. morrissey2k7
    OP

morrissey2k7 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2008
    United States
    Thanks, folks. I'm not that sad about it. I can play it on my 3DS if I really want to, but it's not a great game (which is why I chose it for Haxchi). I like Brain Age better, actually.

5. RemixDeluxe

RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Flashcarts are so cheap these days. For what you paid on the DS game can get you a decent one to run on 3DS and play all the DS games you want, natively too unlike the Wii U VC.

6. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

Dec 24, 2008
    This is actually how some people bricked their WiiU while using CBHC. Plain Haxchi getting overwritten wouldn't brick of course.

7. yahoo

yahoo G͝B͢A͜t͞em҉p̡ R̨e͢g̷ul̨aŗ

Aug 4, 2014
    United States
    If you download a version from a different region so it has a different title id, yes, you can. But installing the exact title id that you used for haxchi, will mess up haxchi.

8. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Don't need flashcards for 3ds. It has Luma CFW.

9. Tomy Sakazaki

Tomy Sakazaki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 23, 2006
    Brazil
    Luma alone can't play DS games. The loader to run commercial DS games from SD is far from being a good replacement for DS flashcards due to it's lack of save redirection to SD card.

10. CosmoCortney

CosmoCortney The Hacker Furry

Apr 18, 2013
    Germany
    on the cool side of the pillow
    After installing haxchi Star Fox Command was gone on redNAND. Instead I had a game with a questionmark icon which could not be deleted from redNAND or redownloaded from eShop. So I tried reinstalling it with WUP Installer Y Mod and it was back. Just don't install it on sysNAND or USB

11. ddurdle

ddurdle GBAtemp Regular

Dec 13, 2015
    Canada
    I wasn't aware you could run VC from loadiine.

12. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Yeah sorry missed the ds part. Was thinking 3ds. I have a gateway for those

13. Tomy Sakazaki

Tomy Sakazaki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 23, 2006
    Brazil
    Not only VC that was actually released, but there are ways to make custom VC games for Loadiine too.

14. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    You have 3 options:
    1. Install your Haxchi game but from a region that you didn't use for Haxchi.
      So if you used US Yoshi Touch & Go just go ahead and install EU Yoshi Touch & Go.
    2. Change Yoshi Touch & Go's titleID before you install it with WUP installer so it won't "bite" the already existing install
    3. Play it through Loadiine

15. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    This is great info. Should be in the HaxChi OP. @FIX94 don't know if you have a section on installing the same game that haxchi is installed on or not. I better go look

16. FreezingIceKirby

FreezingIceKirby Member

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2014
    United States
    Loadiine's what I used, too. I purchased/downloaded the game off the eShop (in my case, Spirit Tracks), made a backup/dump with DDD, installed Haxchi, then moved the dumped Spirit Tracks to the appropriate folder on my SD card for Loadiine. Outside of the initial loading at the very beginning, it works like a charm.

17. RemixDeluxe

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Sure. If you don't mind having a terrible compatibility. Be my guest.

18. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Terrible compatibility? Luma is better than any flashcard.
    However that's off topic.

19. RemixDeluxe

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Why is custom firmware being discussed when we're talking about playing DS games? They have nothing to do with each other.

20. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    If you want to play ds roms without a flashcart you need to be able to install .cias and therefor need cfw