5.5.3 Haxchi upgrade to Tiramisu ... or not?

crownut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have haxchi without cold boot installed on my wii-u. I also like seeing new mods and updates, but I am unsure how much upgrading might break my March 2020 homebrew software library. Haxchi works fine but it is always nice to get more features and keep up with new homebrew.

I want to try Tiramisu and possibly Aroma as well. The hacks guide says it will work on 5.5.6 in NA (my console). I do not want to try installing it because I still have 5.5.3 and would have to upgrade it to 5.5.6. Regarding my homebrew, I have just been using it whenever I want to play a game and have not had it touch the internet or new mods since March 2020.

I want to do the upgrade and start using Tiramisu. Should I just unblock updates and up the hardware to 5.5.6 and then follow the guide? Will this break all my 2020-era homebrew, and should I uninstall every HB app I have right now? My NAND backup is from back then, made with rednand in case that makes a difference.

I want to think of all the possibilities before jumping right into unblocking updates and going for it. Any things to look out for? I never cold booted the system with haxchi and would like to keep the library of software I have installed on the system and external hard drive. Thanks for any heads up or advice you can give.

Seeing the threads about upgrading screwing up peoples systems has me unsure about it but I might be overthinking it.

Last edited by crownut,

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dont do it unless you have a realistic need for it.... Ie (probably) all homebrew going forward will be Aroma only and until that requirement becomes reality my motto is if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Personally I'm still cbhc and I'm also not a moron so there is only a chance of a brick if I become a moron so I'm sticking for now as all my stuff is right there, working! (not that anything on aroma doesn't mind...)

At the end of the day it is entirely your decision

crownut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dont do it unless you have a realistic need for it.... Ie (probably) all homebrew going forward will be Aroma only and until that requirement becomes reality my motto is if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Personally I'm still cbhc and I'm also not a moron so there is only a chance of a brick if I become a moron so I'm sticking for now as all my stuff is right there, working! (not that anything on aroma doesn't mind...)

At the end of the day it is entirely your decision
Thanks for the reply, yeah I might just leave it... sometimes my GameCube stuff can be hit and miss (trouble with nintendont reading my drive), so upgrading might make that work better. Other than that and using the latest and greatest, the if it ain't broke motto might just be worth following.

Reactions: GBATmpEhUmaBOSTAAAA

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks for the reply, yeah I might just leave it... sometimes my GameCube stuff can be hit and miss (trouble with nintendont reading my drive), so upgrading might make that work better. Other than that and using the latest and greatest, the if it ain't broke motto might just be worth following.
afaik tiramisu doesnt fix anything, if at all can be even more sensible with hard drives that do vwii injects.

Reactions: GBATmpEhUmaBOSTAAAA

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: