Gaming Is it possible to have my Wii and Gamecube games in the same HDD as the Wii U games?

Galexu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So as title says, using the same HDD where I have installed my Wii U games with the WUP installer, could I use it to store my Wii (installed with WUP too) and Gamecube games as well?

Thanks.

kolosus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. The Wii U encrypts the usb as it's own using the console's serial number. It will take over the whole thing and not care about how you had partitioned it before. It stores the files in their own custom file system. The wii and gamecube games are on a fat32 formatted disk/usb and they cannot coexist on the same drive. The wii u will delete everything on the drive.

So now the question becomes can we perhaps figure out the encryption and have the games from the 3 different consoles coexist? Probably not. We would probably have the file system as fat32 and the fat32 read/write speed is very slow on the wii u from the wii u side (sd card speeds not counting). The vwii side has no problems with it. Maybe Nintendo did it this way on purpose. To get it to work at a usable speed we'd need to rewrite the fat32 drivers that the wii u has built in.

So. Impossible? No. But this might take a while...

Reactions: Galexu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1