Hacking Is it possible to "dual boot" 2 CFW's

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Luma is simple and clean too. It also has extra features, doesn't need extra files, and has rosalina which has a lot of potential even if it doesn't have too much now.
c'mon could anyone except me now tell him that he is annoying and WE ALL GOT YOUR OPINION MAN I'm really getting pissed @AuroraWright also said that she don't care what people use, and If I want to dual boot reinand to have the nostalgic feeling of 1st time "hacking" something and luma to have an easy way to shut the console down, then I'll do so and you and your crappy statements can fuck off.

Trophies
XP
c'mon could anyone except me now tell him that he is annoying and WE ALL GOT YOUR OPINION MAN I'm really getting pissed @AuroraWright also said that she don't care what people use, and If I want to dual boot reinand to have the nostalgic feeling of 1st time "hacking" something and luma to have an easy way to shut the console down, then I'll do so and you and your crappy statements can fuck off.
chill

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know, I check certain repos daily, but some people seem to forget that luma would not exist without reinand
NOTHING would exist without Gateway, but that doesn't stop 99% of the people here from bashing it. GW was first. PERIOD.

and Reinand being the first CFW? bwahahahaha you guys are f'ing stupid.

sp3off

GBATemp's least active boy
Trophies
XP
Country
France
NOTHING would exist without Gateway, but that doesn't stop 99% of the people here from bashing it. GW was first. PERIOD.

and Reinand being the first CFW? bwahahahaha you guys are f'ing stupid.

The fact that reiNAND did exist WITHOUT the need of a Gateway Card makes me feel legit about what I am saying.

PhazonicRidley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what makes Reinand so unique, at it's release time ot was the first customized firmware (thx @SciresM , I'll use that term from now on) which had a splash screen at boot, which is Reisyukaku's Avatar
i see.... but if luma is a fork of reinand, and its better cause it has a bunch of cool stuff that must modern cfw's have why use reinand if luma is kinda just a better version

sp3off

Trophies
XP
Country
France
i see.... but if luma is a fork of reinand, and its better cause it has a bunch of cool stuff that must modern cfw's have why use reinand if luma is kinda just a better version

Because some people likes to keep it simple, and minimalistic. Luma is a pretty good CFW too, but some people don't like it because of "too much patches" but as Aurora said, some patches can be disabled.

Reactions: CrimsonMaple

CrimsonMaple

Developer • She/Her
Trophies
Website
crimson.ninja
XP
Country
United States
I don't care what people use but "Luma is bloated" or "Luma is made to restrict users"

As is the "just use Luma" comments. But that's the community, not you.

I just think that simplicity is more important than allowing one to toggle everything even when there's no advantage in doing that.

As much as I appreciate simplicity, I enjoy tinkering. Guess that's just our difference. I like being able to "remove" additions I barely use. I guess options need to exist.

I value giving a choice only if there's actually a purpose in doing so (I mentioned a few examples above).

What if the purpose is because, "I wanna, so I am!" :P. Joking aside, reasonable answer. I agree. However there are the few wild exceptions. One was posted much earlier in the thread. I feel this is all up to the devs and their views.

Reactions: Billy Acuña

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Luma isn't a fork anymore as the codebase was completely rewritten, also once again, there is no advantage in Luma, If I use Reinand for regular playing, corbenik for debugging, and luma just to check what time it is, then there is no advantage.

Last edited by adrifcastr,
Trophies
XP
Luma isn't a fork anymore as the codebase was conpletely rewritten, also once again, there is no advantage in Luma, If I use Reinand for regular playing, corbenik for debugging, and luma just to check what time it is, then there is no advantage.
You heard him guys, layeredfs, rosalina, etc. are not advantages. Just switch back to rxtools, none of that stuff matters.

CrimsonMaple

Developer • She/Her
Trophies
Website
crimson.ninja
XP
Country
United States
And this is the fundimental question behind the CFW wars. It's mostly personal preference.

Reactions: Ryccardo

PhazonicRidley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luma isn't a fork anymore as the codebase was completely rewritten, also once again, there is no advantage in Luma, If I use Reinand for regular playing, corbenik for debugging, and luma just to check what time it is, then there is no advantage.
not to be rude, but why use an out dated firmware doesnt make seance also isnt cobenik outdated and shit?

sp3off

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You heard him guys, layeredfs, rosalina, etc. are not advantages. Just switch back to rxtools, none of that stuff matters.

hmm. Not sure but actually LayeredFS is a HUGE advantage for ROMHacking. If you like to tinker with your games, you go combo LayeredFS + cheating with NTR and you have the perfect game xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
  • Sheeba- @ Sheeba-:
    I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Wake up, it's da first of da month
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So get up, get up, get up, get up, get up (so cash your checks and come up)
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: So get up, get up, get up, get up, get up (so cash your checks and come up)