Hacking Is it possible to "dual boot" 2 CFW's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trophies
XP
Who needs the XP Startup sound when the CFW you use is too modern to be "compatible" anymore ?
How is it not compatible? If you're talking about the rosalina hbmenu, you can just use the legacy branch if you care about old apps. 3dsx apps getting full permissions was more important than having outdated apps work.

sp3off

GBATemp's least active boy
Trophies
XP
Country
France
How is it not compatible? If you're talking about the rosalina hbmenu, you can just use the legacy branch if you care about old apps. 3dsx apps getting full permissions was more important than having outdated apps work.

You forgot "retrocompatibility" and the XP thing I replied was a joke ^^

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly. Rei's bootscreen still gives it that Reinand taste, luma cannot replicate that nostalgic feeling when booting reinand.
Umm... wasn't this already mentioned? On current luma you can set whatever boot screen you want. Even animated. And which other CFW lets you launch HBL WITHOUT A PAYLOAD? ( or as a system title, without the need for injecting, for that matter. Helps with the bans...)

Last edited by urherenow,

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
She's Maki from Live Love.
I never searched it up, but at that time, that was it's unique thing, then some time later the splash screen also added the word "Reinand" and it just lookes damn cool, and I am totally into it, I was so happy when I got it working the first time around end 2015 or something I don't really remember, that feeling when it booted the emunand and you saw it did work, its working, this feeling cannot be replicated by booting luma.

Last edited by adrifcastr,

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Umm... wasn't this already mentioned? On current luma you can set whatever boot screen you want. Even animated. And which other CFW lets you launch HBL WITHOUT A PAYLOAD? ( or as a system title, without the need for injecting, for that matter. Helps with the bans...)
You definately aren't that long in the 3DS scene, what made Reinand so unique at that time was
A: The nice looking Splash Screen in General
B: The simplicity, no hassle just boot your emunand right away

and also, the splash screen is hardcoded, it can't be changed or disabled, it's a part of the application.

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
You definately aren't that long in the 3DS scene, what made Reinand so unique at that time was

and also, the splash screen is hardcoded, it can't be changed or disabled, it's a part of the application.
Not everyone wants a splash scree

CrimsonMaple

Developer • She/Her
Trophies
Website
crimson.ninja
XP
Country
United States

No it's not. It's a binary that can be swapped out. Just like Luma.

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Also in terms of luma users attacking people. Are we just going to forget all the shit rei did? All the drama he started, attacking aw, bashing luma, and being a miserable prick in general

Reactions: astronautlevel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: