Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adrifcastr

adrifcastr GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    I dig it, you're releases are always neat, I think I can speak for most of the 3DS scene if I say, that you are one of these devs which the scene needed, so I'm looking forward to said release, sidr note: I always play around with stuff not meant for end users.

2. astronautlevel

astronautlevel GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    No, this really has no benefits for end users :P

3. SciresM

SciresM Developer
    Developer

United States
    In the interest of avoiding undue taunting: in my spare time I've been learning osdev by working on a project I call "Atmosphere", which is a reimplementation of Kernel9's API.

Its goal is to serve as a drop-in open source replacement for kernel9, keeping support for official process9 etc.

It does provide quite literally nothing for end users, though, heh.

At the moment it's pretty functional, but there's some notable stuff (like DMA) that doesn't work right, and since my primary focus is switch stuff it'll probably be a while until it's available.

Last edited by SciresM, Aug 9, 2017
  4. adrifcastr

Germany
    Never thought to see you posting something in here again, I personally just thing, that some people, including juppitter (or however he is spelled) are digging it too much, like the holy grale, like I do lile luma, I do like the power off/reboot features in rosalina they are handy bc of the n3ds power button Position, But I also still remember the times of Reinand, and CakesFW and even though they may officially be discontinued, there is no reason to stomp on them, and blowing dirt over em, and then holding the holy luma in the hands and saying, "thats the one and only"

Last edited by adrifcastr, Aug 9, 2017
    CrimsonMaple likes this.
  5. CrimsonMaple

CrimsonMaple EXPLOSION!!~

United States
    That actually sounds pretty dope.

adrifcastr and astronautlevel like this.
  6. sp3off

sp3off GBATemp's least active boy

France
    So as I understood, you are also a simplistic user (that likes to keep it simple, as you've said you were a reiNAND user) and also as I understood it's like Luma (as I've said before to one another user) is your vision of the "perfect" CFW : keep it simple, by adding features that you might feel it can help you, and that you also feel that it can be helpful to others. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, I might be sometimes doing mistakes.

7. adrifcastr

Germany
    Definately something I am going to use, no benefit to the end user but it's community made, and gives this "cutomization flare"

8. PhazonicRidley

Newcomer

United States
    hi guys was wondering what is ReiNAND? is it like luma? and is it useful?

9. CrimsonMaple

CrimsonMaple EXPLOSION!!~

United States
    It's a CFW like luma. But is slimmer in nature, and doesn't have as many patches. (Working on that.)

10. sp3off

France
    reiNAND is one of the first CFW that existed, like Cakes, but one of the features of Rei is that it also supports the New 3DS. It's a simple to use CFW, and it's also working simple. Luma is a fork of reiNAND, but completely reworked and advanced, with more features than reiNAND. Some features you might feel useful and some others you might feel not.

If you want to test reiNAND, feel free to use CrimsonApple's one, just one comment before mine, and for Luma, it's also available here on the Temp.

Last edited by sp3off, Aug 9, 2017 - Reason: Added something.
  11. Aurora Wright

Aurora Wright GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Italy
    I don't care what people use but "Luma is bloated" or "Luma is made to restrict users" and similar statements are annoying for all the time I spent in this, and I don't want to restrict anyone in any way. I just think that simplicity is more important than allowing one to toggle everything even when there's no advantage in doing that.
    Yes, I like something that has plenty of features while being simple to use, I value giving a choice only if there's actually a purpose in doing so (I mentioned a few examples above).

12. PhazonicRidley

Newcomer

United States
    oh ok thanks for telling me but why not use luma if reinand is so buggy and doesnt have as much stuff as luma?

13. jupitteer

jupitteer cum

Antarctica
    I'm just doing it to screw with everyone.

14. adrifcastr

Germany
    Reinand works great, nothings buggy, everything simple and clean. and rei's bootscreen

15. sp3off

France
    I agree with you, keeping things simple is the best way to get results. Thank you for answering me (and for clarifying out some points), and keep up the great work on Luma.

astronautlevel likes this.
  16. jupitteer

jupitteer cum

Antarctica
    Luma is simple and clean too. It also has extra features, doesn't need extra files, and has rosalina which has a lot of potential even if it doesn't have too much now.

17. VinLark

VinLark This Machine Used To Kill Bourgeois Sentimentality

United States
    i-its was just b-bait

If you are going to start an argument, at least stick by it.

This thread was answered first post, why this wasn't locked is beyond me

18. adrifcastr

Germany
    I agree, there is no reason to blame you to toggle options, but I blame the people overrating luma, thats it

19. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Oh, that sounds nice. I never really noticed how much work luma actually does, I guess I should know that since I can't directly see it doesn't mean is not doing something, that just silly of me. Honestly I like simple stuff, I feel intimidated with sometimes things having too many options and inputs, but while it allows more control, I may not even know what those things are or what it does... or even how to use it. I'm just a gamer, not really smart like some other people here and feel a bit inferior about trying to ask a question, and even worst when I don't understand it.

I already have learning disabilities, and this helps keep things simple for me. I may not know everything about it but it helps me. Though I know is a opinion, I'm sorry other people kinda seem unappreciated as you updated it. But I appreciate the effort and thank you for explaining it. :)

Again, sorry for many times of bad experiences with people about the topic, and hope you and some of the other team members are not discouraged, though I learned is hard to please many people. :(

sp3off and astronautlevel like this.
  20. sp3off

France
    Choose who's the best option for you, I do not "favorite" one CFW for another. Personally, i'm a Luma user since 6.0 and never got disappointed. But hey, this is your choice, not mine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.