Is it finally time to jump the ship?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by anhminh, Aug 29, 2016.

1. anhminh
    OP

anhminh Pirate since 2010

Sep 30, 2010
    I'm thinking about finally update 3.16 vita to 3.60, do you think there still any chance for lower fw Henkaku?

Should I wait a little more or jumping the ship now?

2. kublai

kublai GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2008
    United States
    I'm in the same boat. You can always upgrade to 3.60 though.

3. Axido

Axido GBAtemp Fan

Feb 12, 2014
    Germany
    The question is what of the following scenarios would be more more likely to happen first:
    1 - HENkaku being ported to lower firmwares as well.
    2 - Another exploit game for 3.60 surfaces OR people find another way to enable PSP mode exploiting using HENkaku (if there's a possibility, that is).

We can tell you neither so far. If we could, you would have found that information on your own, I guess.

I for one updated, since I'm fine with using PS1 and PSP emulators on my phone or PC as long as it takes. Even VHBL works with HENkaku, so the only thing I'd miss out on right now is that.

Last edited by Axido, Aug 29, 2016
    julio.apc16 likes this.
  4. julio.apc16

julio.apc16 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2015
    Brazil
    I'm hoping support 3.55

5. Dr_Doom

Dr_Doom Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2016
    Keep on 3.16 and wait until there is something good released for HENkaku you can always update to 3.60 later

yuyuyup and julio.apc16 like this.
  6. Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai The Red King

Jul 13, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Tokyo
    I am already on 3.60. i wanted to wait before i did use henkaku but now i kinda wanna get in on the action. How simple or hard is it to install henkaku on my vita? is it as complicated as hacking a 2ds with a9lh or as simple as hacking your psp?

I think its somewhere inbetween. Also how does henkaku work. does it load up on start up or do i boot it up using an app?

7. nxtgamer

nxtgamer GBAtemp Regular

Feb 18, 2016
    United States
    Super easy

Abu_Senpai likes this.
  8. Maav

Maav Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2009
    Brazil
    Simpler than a PSP, as it doesn't even involve a computer.

Go to henkaku.xyz on your Vita's browser, click the install button and you're ready to go.

As to how it works; you have to do it every boot (or use HENkaku offline installer and hijack the Mail app with it).

Abu_Senpai likes this.
  9. Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai The Red King

Jul 13, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Tokyo

Id like to now a bit more about how using henkaku offline works. Would you mind explaining ^_^

10. SonsofOcelot

SonsofOcelot Shalashaska

Aug 4, 2016
    Canada
    Kamurocho
    Simple. Like super simple.

1. Open Vita web browser
    2. Go to https://henkaku.xyz
    3. Tap big orange install button
    4. ....
    5. Profit!

Really it's that easy. You need to reinstall anytime you reboot your Vita or you can grab the offline installer after you install for the first time.

Abu_Senpai likes this.
  11. vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb That hardmod guy....

Nov 21, 2015
    United States
    Acworth, GA
    http://henkaku.xyz/showcase/

Everything you want to know about it can be found on their main page, took me all but 10 mintues to get it done today.

SonsofOcelot likes this.
  12. Sinthetix

Sinthetix Member

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2016
    Romania
    I think that devs actually might need help from people on lower FW, to play with different versions of pspemu for example. So I would advice you also to stay some more time on lower FW because you can update anytime but not downgrade yet. I'm sure seeing how fast things evolve now there will be a moment when we could safely update or even downgrade.

Abu_Senpai likes this.
  13. SonsofOcelot

SonsofOcelot Shalashaska

Aug 4, 2016
    Canada
    Kamurocho
  14. Dr_Doom

Dr_Doom Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2016
  15. Dvdxploitr

Dvdxploitr GBAtemp Fan

May 24, 2008
    United States
    I had to buy another memory card for my Vita b/c I misplaced my other one.....I had my Vita with me when I bought the memory card, connected to the stores Wifi and ran the Henkaku web installer.....once I got home, my husband asked me "is it going to be easier to hack than than the 3DS?" and I said "oh, it's already done, I hopped on the stores wifi and ran the web browser, installed it and now all I gotta do is get some home brew on it"