Hacking Is it finally time to jump the ship?

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I'm thinking about finally update 3.16 vita to 3.60, do you think there still any chance for lower fw Henkaku?

Should I wait a little more or jumping the ship now?

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm thinking about finally update 3.16 vita to 3.60, do you think there still any chance for lower fw Henkaku?

Should I wait a little more or jumping the ship now?

The question is what of the following scenarios would be more more likely to happen first:
1 - HENkaku being ported to lower firmwares as well.
2 - Another exploit game for 3.60 surfaces OR people find another way to enable PSP mode exploiting using HENkaku (if there's a possibility, that is).

We can tell you neither so far. If we could, you would have found that information on your own, I guess.

I for one updated, since I'm fine with using PS1 and PSP emulators on my phone or PC as long as it takes. Even VHBL works with HENkaku, so the only thing I'd miss out on right now is that.

Last edited by Axido,
Reactions: julio.apc16

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
I am already on 3.60. i wanted to wait before i did use henkaku but now i kinda wanna get in on the action. How simple or hard is it to install henkaku on my vita? is it as complicated as hacking a 2ds with a9lh or as simple as hacking your psp?

I think its somewhere inbetween. Also how does henkaku work. does it load up on start up or do i boot it up using an app?

nxtgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am already on 3.60. i wanted to wait before i did use henkaku but now i kinda wanna get in on the action. How simple or hard is it to install henkaku on my vita? is it as complicated as hacking a 2ds with a9lh or as simple as hacking your psp?

I think its somewhere inbetween. Also how does henkaku work. does it load up on start up or do i boot it up using an app?

Super easy

Reactions: Abu_Senpai

Maav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Simpler than a PSP, as it doesn't even involve a computer.

Go to henkaku.xyz on your Vita's browser, click the install button and you're ready to go.

As to how it works; you have to do it every boot (or use HENkaku offline installer and hijack the Mail app with it).

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Simpler than a PSP, as it doesn't even involve a computer.

Go to henkaku.xyz on your Vita's browser, click the install button and you're ready to go.

As to how it works; you have to do it every boot (or use HENkaku offline installer and hijack the Mail app with it).

Id like to now a bit more about how using henkaku offline works. Would you mind explaining ^_^

SonsofOcelot

Shalashaska
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

Simple. Like super simple.

1. Open Vita web browser
2. Go to https://henkaku.xyz
3. Tap big orange install button
4. ....
5. Profit!

Really it's that easy. You need to reinstall anytime you reboot your Vita or you can grab the offline installer after you install for the first time.

Sinthetix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I think that devs actually might need help from people on lower FW, to play with different versions of pspemu for example. So I would advice you also to stay some more time on lower FW because you can update anytime but not downgrade yet. I'm sure seeing how fast things evolve now there will be a moment when we could safely update or even downgrade.

SonsofOcelot

Shalashaska
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had to buy another memory card for my Vita b/c I misplaced my other one.....I had my Vita with me when I bought the memory card, connected to the stores Wifi and ran the Henkaku web installer.....once I got home, my husband asked me "is it going to be easier to hack than than the 3DS?" and I said "oh, it's already done, I hopped on the stores wifi and ran the web browser, installed it and now all I gotta do is get some home brew on it"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay