Hacking Is IOSU out?

Xoo00o0o0o

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its very much out. There are several implementations of it now. The most popular being Mocha CFW and CBHC.

They have there own benefits, I'll list them below.

Mocha:

Both Sysnand and Rednand support
Signature patches
OTP and Seeprom redirection for Rednand
Custom boot screens

CBHC:

Cold boot due to System.xml modifications
Signature patches
Faster boot times
Auto boot to specified apps

EDIT: If I missed something please let me know

Last edited by Xoo00o0o0o,

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Its very much out. There are several implementations of it now. The most popular being Mocha CFW and CBHC.

Mocha:

Signature patches
Custom boot screens

CBHC:

Signature patches
Faster boot times

I somehow have doubts that OP understands half of what you said :D

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
CBHC:

Signature patches
Faster boot times

wow faster boot times ? btw. what would cold boot exactly do ? is it linked with the 'auto boot specified apps' meaning you could even autoboot the wii u into homebrew? or autoboot it with signature patches ?
is haxchi needed for CBHC ?
i would love to install that CBHC on my wii u but i am wondering whether it is ready for us end users or not.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow faster boot times ? btw. what would cold boot exactly do ? is it linked with the 'auto boot specified apps' meaning you could even autoboot the wii u into homebrew? or autoboot it with signature patches ?
is haxchi needed for CBHC ?
i would love to install that CBHC on my wii u but i am wondering whether it is ready for us end users or not.
If you read the CBHC OP you'll see you MUST have HaxChi installed first. It is ready for end users just follow the instructions and you'll be fine.

And yes it's required. CBHC is short for Cold Boot Haxchi

Reactions: leonmagnus99

DarkenedMatter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't their something another team was working on that was supposed to be safer? I just remember when everything started coming out a lot of people were busy bitching about how it's not finished and to wait for someone else to finish it.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Wasn't their something another team was working on that was supposed to be safer? I just remember when everything started coming out a lot of people were busy bitching about how it's not finished and to wait for someone else to finish it.
At this point, I don't think we're going to see any huge improvements in safety/stability, the current methods are already pretty stable and safe to use. Most of the work now is in adding additional features.

Somebody Whoisbored

it's all okeydokey
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Mocha:

Signature patches
Custom boot screens

CBHC:

Signature patches
Faster boot times

Mocha can be used for Coldboot as well.

ddurdle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can understand why this thread exists. There used to be a sticky thread reminding people there was no formal official iosu release and advisement for people to wait. No that thread is gone and there is sticky indicating the status of things.

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
Whatever happened to SALT and their sooning?
from reddit :
shinyquagsire231: "Being honest: We had full intentions of releasing, we even partnered with another group who had IOSU access (which NWPlayer teased) so that we could be on the same page for a release. After partnering though... nothing really changed, it was still just three people working on it, then two, and eventually just kinda me working on woominstaller GX2 with the vague idea of release. You could argue that it'd be better to throw everything out and let the community handle it, but that's not my decision to make. I did do that with makefst (homebrew packer) and woominstaller+GX2 (homebrew installer app) because those were basically my projects, but everything else is largely not mine. School certainly didn't help, and eventually it simply got to the point where nobody else was really gearing for a release and I was just kinda tired of working on woominstaller GX2 for no reason when I could spend my time on other things."

Reactions: CuriousTommy

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
Thanks, although I'm always wary of someone that starts off saying "being honest" as it implies they generally tell a lot of lies and are being explicit at this moment to differentiate it from the others.

I haven't really looked into the current IOSU exploits that are doing the rounds but from a cursory inspection I'd say that they all appear to be in beta stage at the moment and haven't fully approached the end all be all, fully singing and dancing CFW solution we've seen on say the 3DS, correct?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them