ROM Hack Is anyone working on a Rune Factory 4 undub?

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always ignore the harvest report, lol. I figured I was just being lazy about it.

so er, apparently nobodys playing this yet or everyones playing frey because i just noticed I uploaded my genderswap vers by mistake. so if youve got v2, get v3 a bit later today.
Nope. Lol, I've been playing quite a while and didn't notice anything weird yet. Mind you, I'm still only getting started and I tend to be pretty thorough. EDIT: I will say this much, people are saying stuff like "Prince" not "Princess." If v2 is the genderswap version, that might be a bug for that version then.

apparently theres a bug with the harvest report that came with the game itself. if one could find it in the disassembler its probly not terribly hard to fix since its repeating variable instead of using two different ones.. (or its meant to only show one week and its displaying two by accident). weird that both language versions ahve the same error if im understanding correctly from forums. finding stuff in the code.bin is borderline impossible though.
I find it funny that it's sometimes in undubs and the like that bugs that shouldn't even have made it past the testing phase are found and sometimes fixed... Though this is nothing on the scale of the Ar Tonelico bug that caused the system to hard freeze during an optional battle that they should have at least tested...

No plans to do any more undubs for the forseable future sorry. try asking the original team to see if they can apply their undub to the us vers too i guess?
It was highly inappropriate to ask here. This is not the place to ask. There are places to ask.

Last edited by Nazosan,

scrangos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v3 regular is up

EDIT: I will say this much, people are saying stuff like "Prince" not "Princess." If v2 is the genderswap version, that might be a bug for that version then.

Its not a bug (for the genderswap version), i changed it because im technically playing at the other character so i tried to fix all instances of gender specific dialogue.

Can you upload your gender swap version with next update? I'm very interesting in this version, actually. -.-

i left V2 of the genderswap there. it works to change lest into frey. its missing v3 changes but they are minor (i also didnt apply most of em to my version anyway). only things left that I havnt done are change the potraits (for the save load screen only, works fine ingame) (i need some sort of ETC1A4 batch tool or patience) and to swap the little icon at the topright of the bag menu. I had to overwrite models/textures since it still used lest for the 3d model in the bag menu. ill upload a v4 of the genderswap if i get those two things done.

or did you want to turn frey into lest? id need to make a new version for that one.

voice lengths differ so i imagine if i tried a regular file full sprite swap we'd get cutting voices. have to use t he order menu extra orders unlocked with seikur0s save editor.

Last edited by scrangos,

seikur0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
(i need some sort of ETC1A4 batch tool or patience
You know I sent you the link to my ETC1A4 extraction/reinjection tool, right? You can very easily embed this into a .bat file to batch process files.

so i tried to fix all instances of gender specific dialogue.
Actually not only the titles/honorifics, but pretty much all of the dialogue is gender specific, like people will actually treat you as girl/boy. I read some review stating that the replayability is quite high, because of these huge differences between the two characters.

scrangos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know I sent you the link to my ETC1A4 extraction/reinjection tool, right? You can very easily embed this into a .bat file to batch process files.

Actually not only the titles/honorifics, but pretty much all of the dialogue is gender specific, like people will actually treat you as girl/boy. I read some review stating that the replayability is quite high, because of these huge differences between the two characters.

Its a png/etc1a4 converter right? id still need to edit the textures manually @.@ and its only for the loading screen which im not motivated enough for atm.

I did notice some nuances that would be weird if i was playing the female side. out of dialogue. like whos where at festivals. dialogue side, i did notice some weirdness where there was a fairly large chunk of text that was there twice in the text script.

No. I want play as Frey and romancing girls. Living the dream, lol. I downloaded your gender swap version, thank you.

i didnt post it here, but you have to use seikuros save editor to unlock extra orders to change the voice/portrait ingame for the genderswap version if its your first time playing the game.

seikur0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Jup, a converter, suports ETC1/ETC1A4 and RGB565 :D I could give you the source code if you want, you could slightly change it to edit the textures with it.

Btw my save editor got the item icons since the last update, that really makes using the item editor much easier.

scrangos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you dont mind =o i just need to shift the texture a few pixels offset, and i can rotate what comes off one side to the next since its just transparent space. so i figured to do that in w/e raw format is between etc1a4 and png. i was planning on using the msdn bitmap class for that before

seikur0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sent it to you. My tool is using etc1-rg for the etc1XXX packing stuff, seems to be the fastest code for this. EFE will probably support ETC1 injection in the future, but if it's not using that code, its speed is totally gonna suck in comparison to this :)

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I had play this for 3 day now, have to say you done really great job.

Personally I think English dub is actually doing better than Jap dub this time (This never happen to me before in my whole weaboo life). And from how hard it take to actually undub this game, gotta say Xseed really outdone themselves this time.

P/s: The location on airship is mess up, the description is right but the name is mess up like all place in Autumn ares call Autumn Hill.

Last edited by anhminh,

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks/plays great so far! The only things I've noticed are that sometimes the location text is incorrect (saying I'm in a certain building when I'm in a different building), and certain lengthy text "choices" are cut off (most notable when talking to shop owners).

scrangos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks/plays great so far! The only things I've noticed are that sometimes the location text is incorrect (saying I'm in a certain building when I'm in a different building), and certain lengthy text "choices" are cut off (most notable when talking to shop owners).

Are you using V3 frogboy?

I had play this for 3 day now, have to say you done really great job.

Personally I think English dub is actually doing better than Jap dub this time (This never happen to me before in my whole weaboo life). And from how hard it take to actually undub this game, gotta say Xseed really outdone themselves this time.

P/s: The location on airship is mess up, the description is right but the name is mess up like all place in Autumn ares call Autumn Hill.

can you send seikur0 a pm with details? going through the list of locations myself would be a terrible spoiler which i'd like to avoid

Reactions: frogboy

scrangos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nevermind about seikur0 i figured it out. i had a hunch and only looked at the lines to confirm that porcolines and bados were next to eachother on the text, and at the start of the text to find where the hitch was. the jp file has an extra entry at the start that says JP... english one doesnt and thus every line is shifted to one before. id imagine if you visited the last line w/e it is the game would crash or give out garbage. ill upload asap. really wish the place im uploading i could throttle and or pause

edit: i found some "talk_help" thats also l/r still in japanese.. but its also in japanese in the english rom. so the english rom doesnt use it. it might appear in the undub since its the japanese rom.

wish i could fix the harvest report thing (which bug is in the retail game)... its bugging me to no end but i fear that ones in the script which i cant even fathom how to open

Last edited by scrangos,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: I'm not doing ok, everywhere I go I see sex