ROM Hack Is anyone working on a Rune Factory 4 undub?

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't be sure you won't be waiting a while. Decrypt9 is just as easy to use (technically a bit easier since there's no real interfacing at all, just run, hit A, and wait, then shut off the system.) You just have to reset your Cubic Ninja exploit is all. (You're not using Zelda OoT are you? That one is a lot trickier, but I believe Smealum was working on supporting it with Ninjhax 2.0. I'm not sure if you can run decrypt9 in Ninjhax 2.0 however... You may need 1.x.)

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
You can't be sure you won't be waiting a while. Decrypt9 is just as easy to use (technically a bit easier since there's no real interfacing at all, just run, hit A, and wait, then shut off the system.) You just have to reset your Cubic Ninja exploit is all. (You're not using Zelda OoT are you? That one is a lot trickier, but I believe Smealum was working on supporting it with Ninjhax 2.0. I'm not sure if you can run decrypt9 in Ninjhax 2.0 however... You may need 1.x.)

Yea Im using CN, I got the Decrypt9 but I need the 7.x key, I'm looking for it now even tough I don't even know what I'm looking for :P

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's... really weird. It shouldn't need that when you're running a sysNAND as high as you are (the earliest N3DS systems are 8.x...) I guess that's another advantage of rxTools when 3.0 does come out. Well, I think the thing you're looking for is "slot0x25KeyX.bin" if I recall. RazorX2014 on the Maxconsole Gateway forum created a tool to generate this file where all you have to do is google for the key (and I think he provided the right search terms to put in to find that) and put it in there and it produces the file (the file is basically just that key entered into it raw instead of as plain text) if this makes that any easier for you, though really you can just paste it in a hex editor even (just make sure there are no leading/following characters at all. Just ONLY the key.)

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
That's... really weird. It shouldn't need that when you're running a sysNAND as high as you are (the earliest N3DS systems are 8.x...) I guess that's another advantage of rxTools when 3.0 does come out. Well, I think the thing you're looking for is "slot0x25KeyX.bin" if I recall. RazorX2014 on the Maxconsole Gateway forum created a tool to generate this file where all you have to do is google for the key (and I think he provided the right search terms to put in to find that) and put it in there and it produces the file (the file is basically just that key entered into it raw instead of as plain text) if this makes that any easier for you, though really you can just paste it in a hex editor even (just make sure there are no leading/following characters at all. Just ONLY the key.)

Yea I got that tool but it needs to input the 7.x key witch is what I'm looking for right now, but I don't even know
what it looks like. Is it just a bunch of random numbers?

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no clue if someone might have shared it that way. The key itself is just those 32 hexadecimal numbers. No more and no less. Try googling this: "slot0x25keyx.bin key" (I didn't use quotes.) I saw a Youtube video with a link to the file. I wish I knew of a legal way for people to find this. In theory now that we know what it is it should be easy to make a tool that knows the correct algorithm to simply extract it from the system itself in a much more legal way, but as it is we can't really legally distribute the actual key itself. (Then again, it really shouldn't be needed anymore for most people anyway...)

Last edited by Nazosan,

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
I have no clue if someone might have shared it that way. The key itself is just those 32 hexadecimal numbers. No more and no less. Try googling this: "slot0x25keyx.bin key" (I didn't use quotes.) I saw a Youtube video with a link to the file. I wish I knew of a legal way for people to find this. In theory now that we know what it is it should be easy to make a tool that knows the correct algorithm to simply extract it from the system itself in a much more legal way, but as it is we can't really legally distribute the actual key itself. (Then again, it really shouldn't be needed anymore for most people anyway...)

OK I GOT IT :D
Now I'll see what I can figure out, I got the Decryptor9, the slot0x25KeyX Generator v1.2 and the 7.x key.

Do I need anything else?

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, that's everything. Use Riku's tool to generate a nchhinfo file, put that on the system's memory card, run decrypt9 from Ninjhax, generate the .xorpad files, copy them to the "xorpads" folder of Riku's converter tool, and then create your CIA. I can definitely say that Riku's tool's conversion is working great on my system as I'm able to run everything just fine including all those undubs that always gave me troubles with other tools (such as this one.)

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
No, that's everything. Use Riku's tool to generate a nchhinfo file, put that on the system's memory card, run decrypt9 from Ninjhax, generate the .xorpad files, copy them to the "xorpads" folder of Riku's converter tool, and then create your CIA. I can definitely say that Riku's tool's conversion is working great on my system as I'm able to run everything just fine including all those undubs that always gave me troubles with other tools (such as this one.)

Hey I ran into a problem, In the tutorial says to move the boot.3dsx into the root of my microsd card but I already
have a boot.3dsx there that either Reinand or Pasta/FBI uses it. So what do I do? :ohnoes:

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oops. I thought it ran from the Ninjhax menu. Well, you'll just have to temporarily rename your existing boot.3dsx for the sake of using this, then go back to it later.

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
Oops. I thought it ran from the Ninjhax menu. Well, you'll just have to temporarily rename your existing boot.3dsx for the sake of using this, then go back to it later.

IT WORKED!! Thanks so much!! I will never forget this!! XD

Last edited by Zeriel,

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No problems. Enjoy what is probably one of the overall most fun games on the 3DS (though I still personally feel like the previous Rune Factory games were far more atmospheric with much better characters and all, this one is still really great and there's no denying that this one has the best engine of the bunch.) I'm still pretty disappointed in the original voiceovers though. At least they don't sound outright horrible, but the voices just don't feel like they fit the characters at all and lack that certain something (go check out an undub of Rune Factory Oceans, aka Tides of Destiny sometime. Now that's how it should be... Even RF3 is a lot better though.)

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
No problems. Enjoy what is probably one of the overall most fun games on the 3DS (though I still personally feel like the previous Rune Factory games were far more atmospheric with much better characters and all, this one is still really great and there's no denying that this one has the best engine of the bunch.) I'm still pretty disappointed in the original voiceovers though. At least they don't sound outright horrible, but the voices just don't feel like they fit the characters at all and lack that certain something (go check out an undub of Rune Factory Oceans, aka Tides of Destiny sometime. Now that's how it should be... Even RF3 is a lot better though.)

Haha thanks! I played the Wii game of Rune Factory, It was the one where you control a Golem in the Ocean and pulled out Islands,
you had the spirit of a girl inside you and you could date other girl NPCs, it was awesome! XD

Unfortunately, I don't have it on 3ds yet, I need to find the Japanese version but I haven't seen it any where :(

scrangos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mmm I like this more than RF3 and tides... this seems to have so much more content, and a lot of it is hidden and hinted at (or not even hinted at) and has a harder difficulty mode. youll be finding new things for a long time me thinks. I also kinda think all the voices are fitting =/

please dont reply to this with any information about the game. im still partway through.

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just saying RF Oceans/ToD had the best atmosphere of them all with amazing people and a generally wonderful town. It felt like a gaiden in many ways though. RF4 has much more content and I _HATED_ the ocean golem thing and those ultra-tiny islands with so little content on them. Also, normally I hate the transition from 2D to 3D, but it really worked well on that one. If they ever made a game with all the features, length, and detail of RF4 but the town, characters, and graphics of that one no one would ever see me again probably. :P And the voices in the original/undub of Oceans/ToD just FIT.

Last edited by Nazosan,

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really. It's pretty common for them to change things around. For some reason companies doing localization of things think it's their solemn sworn duty to "fix" them. At least they didn't add new bugs like the Ar Tonelico optional boss causing the system to freeze thing for instance or try to significantly change around the mood or nature of the game like anime dubbers feel they must do.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
oh well, it's relative , I know some things need to be changed because would not fit in enlhish but maiking everything different is another history XD correcting bug even make new ones appears, right? XD

scrangos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They didnt change that much, its just that the voice file players were tailored to play a length of the exact for the voice file in that language (probably dynamically generated, caused abrubt cuts when undub). And the text length maximum was set at a comfortable length for japanese but was changed later to accomodate english (caused text line cuts). And the english version doesnt use the japanese honorific entries so they were left blank on the english files and caused crashes on the japanese ones since it tried to read something blank (empty named variable, not just blank, sort of like a null pointer).

Reactions: Sliter

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Online was free on the 3DS as well, and it worked well.
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a gameboy/n64/gamecube
    mini classic edition
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i think it would have been impossible to see anything in a gameboy mini
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    well I meant that as a figure of speech
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could just rerelease a modern gameboy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    like the pocket analogue
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    but nintendo licensed
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Aeiou backwards