ROM Hack Rune factory 4 Gay Lest/Lesbian Frey Text fixes

Lillievela

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So for those that have played the Gay Lest/Lesbian Frey mod for Rune factory 4 you may have noticed that sometimes you don't get called the correct gender. This should fix that, i have went through a few files that contain text either referring to a character or something that is spoken. Currently what I have done changes two files, and should be able to be added to an existing install without issue.

Whats been changed?
In "rf3TxtHeroNickName.eng"
Any reference to a character by another character, as far as obvious and what I've seen.
Examples would be "Sir Frey" being changed to "Miss Frey", "Mommy" to "Daddy" and vice versa.

In "rf3mc.eng"
There are references to a "Prince Switch", which I have simply changed to a "Royal Switch".
There is also a line after marrying Margaret and she says "So no "Prince" anymore?", that as had "Prince" replaced with "Princess".

Whats included?
I'm including the original mod from The original thread as some people cant seem to download it. This will/can be removed if requested and the Dialogue fixes will remain.
As well as what I have done to be added onto that.

Eventually I may merge them into one release if needed/allowed. As well as possibly fixing the Bathhouse issue (player has to enter the wrong bath).

Known issues
Anything from the original mod is not fixed, being the afformentioned bathhouse issue, the faces being of center or sometimes swapping on the file select screen, and having to use the Extra Orders to change.
As for the dialogue fixes, I'm not too sure, but I could have missed something in the two files (and possibly elsewhere) as I'm playing on a fairly new save.

Attachments

• RF4 Same Sex Marriage.zip
    5 MB · Views: 274
  • RF4 Dialogue fixes.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 243

viadage

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The "Prince" word has an unwanted indentation in the ftm file. For anyone wanting to fix that, you can use Rune Translator to edit the rf3TxtNpc_split2_1 file. As a newbie in 3ds modding, it took me an hour to find what tool to use for that, so I hope this helps someone.

Also for anyone using Citra, to open the directory to install the mod, right click the game from the Citra menu and choose open mods folder. Drag the romfs folder from the ftm or mtf version of the mod there. You can also open the directory to the save files by right clicking the game from the Citra menu.

Reactions: junimobrat

shaskizzle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've downloaded the mod & have a few issues. I used luma and put the mods into my romfs folder for rune factory 4. I'm playing with the f2m version on a new file and picked frey to start the game. The character model is lest and so is the avatar sprite, but I'm having issues with my face sometimes being frey's/ 2 faces on top of one another. I also have an issue with the dialogue, it doesn't seem to be working. Any help?

Last edited by shaskizzle,

junimobrat

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I've downloaded the mod & have a few issues. I used luma and put the mods into my romfs folder for rune factory 4. I'm playing with the f2m version on a new file and picked frey to start the game. The character model is lest and so is the avatar sprite, but I'm having issues with my face sometimes being frey's/ 2 faces on top of one another. I also have an issue with the dialogue, it doesn't seem to be working. Any help?

Hello! I have the same problem with Lest and Frey's faces being on top of each other, lol. Sadly, I don't know how to fix them.

For the fonts however, I have a solution. Please see attached file and put it in Citra folder as instructed in 'ream me' text file. :)

Attachments

• 3DS Shared Data.zip
    6.3 MB · Views: 58

krq

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
MTF Facial Expression Alignment Fix

While I don't have a fix for the overlapping of the other protagonist's facial expression, I think I fixed an alignment issue with the MTF route where Frey's facial expression was 7 pixels up and 3 pixels left of where it was supposed to be. I checked, and the mouths for both of the protagonists' faces start at the 7th pixel up (left when viewed in EFE)

Instructions

You should have already downloaded the original mod and OP's dialogue fixes and placed them onto your SD card. Copy the `luma` folder and paste into the root of your SD card. I have set up the folder structure like the mod does. You should be prompted to copy and replace the files, click "Yes." You can now re-insert your SD card back into your 3DS. You should hopefully not crash when you're in the tutorial.

Examples

2023-04-15_23-04-25.223_top.png
2023-04-15_23-17-31.596_top.png
2023-04-15_23-17-40.319_top.png
2023-04-15_23-18-35.671_top.png
2023-04-15_23-21-45.198_top.png

ZIP file attached below.

Attachments

• Alignment Fix.zip
    121.8 KB · Views: 87
Last edited by krq,

junimobrat

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
MTF Facial Expression Alignment Fix

While I don't have a fix for the overlapping of the other protagonistt's facial expression, I think I fixed an alignment issue with the MTF route where Frey's facial expression was 7 pixels up and 3 pixels left of where it was supposed to be. I checked, and the mouths for both of the protagonists' faces start at the 7th pixel up (left when viewed in EFE)

Instructions

You should have already downloaded the original mod and OP's dialogue fixes and placed them onto your SD card. Copy the `luma` folder and paste into the root of your SD card. I have set up the folder structure like the mod does. You should be prompted to copy and replace 9 files, click "Yes." You can now re-insert your SD card back into your 3DS. You should hopefully not crash when you're in the tutorial.

Examples

ZIP file attached below.

It fixed most of Frey's misaligned face even in the saving mode. Unfortunately not all since Lest's angry face still shows on Frey's body, though its fine since its only on that one pose. Thanks for the fix!

Reactions: krq

viadage

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Have you changed your appearance to Lest's in game through the Extra Orders? (at the Order Symbol in the castle) There are save files in the download that unlock them. Otherwise that's weird because I haven't run into that problem yet.

rainny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't figure out how to do the alignment fix on citra (as either the original mod or this mod work, neither at the same time), does anyone know how to install both at the same time

ManlyHiro

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Uhhhh.. So I have this problem that I got no dialogue changes (portraits work perfectly). Can anyone help me w/ solving the issue? Playing on 3ds. I have enabled the game patches and got the files to the root of the sd card as instructed

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Uhhhh.. So I have this problem that I got no dialogue changes (portraits work perfectly). Can anyone help me w/ solving the issue? Playing on 3ds. I have enabled the game patches and got the files to the root of the sd card as instructed
make sure patching games in enabled by holding select when booting for the luma settings, then copy paste the luma"jksm folders
Post automatically merged:

I can't figure out how to do the alignment fix on citra (as either the original mod or this mod work, neither at the same time), does anyone know how to install both at the same time
each folder has a luma folder, just copy paste them on to the root, that and if you go to luma/titles/whatever the title id is i forgot/ there are two folders for character expressions, one is npc, the other are those of a player character. copy paste there. they should have the same names except formatted differently for m/f player characters, so copy the contents of the image folder in to there. should be the second most folder from the top alphabetically iirc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/kTzpzBF.mp4