Is anyone working on a Rune Factory 4 undub?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Solar12, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    ah now its make sense o-o
    Só making and " translate" of the japanese is an easier way?

2. scrangos

scrangos Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2011
    United States
    as in putting the english script on the japanese rom? its a case by case thing. we coudnt find how the audio playback length was stored in the files but eventually managed to find the text length variable. most undubs are using the english rom. that said i had heard some voice had been removed from some cutscenes on english so those probably woudnt have played at all had the english rom been used. some games get content censored so it also makes sense to use the uncensored version.

Sliter likes this.
  3. scrangos

scrangos Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2011
    United States
    Turns out the harvest report is a bug in the US translation, they repeat the variable calls <var0> <var1> in the text instead of doing 1-4 like the jp version.

havnt had a chance to update it yet though =/

4. yoshinatsu

yoshinatsu GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2009
    Greece
    Downtown Jigoku
    Maybe this has been reported before, but anyway. I figured that if your farm's name is 6 characters, it gets stuck with the word "Farm":

[​IMG]

The names of the soldiers who guard the town are also stuck together:

[​IMG]

Last edited by yoshinatsu, Sep 18, 2015
  5. scrangos

scrangos Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2011
    United States
    Thats because the game randomizes npc names with two word lists, and the farm just tacks on "farm" to it. Might be possibly to separate manually adding a space before every second word. Theres no space in the japanese version since they are just kanji/kana toguether.

6. Raugo

Raugo GBAtemp Fan

Nov 22, 2014
    Hello Scran, how do you make the 3ds version of the game? I tried to modify the game but only can remake this on cia in 3ds format is not recognized from gw.

7. scrangos

scrangos Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2011
    United States
    um, both 3ds builder and a makerom.exe with an rsf file i was given work

8. Gameboy Color

Gameboy Color Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2012
    United States
    Anyway we can have a patch where it keeps the dub (I love the dub so much!) and just have it to where same sex marriages can occur? Thanks.

9. Chino

Chino Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2016
    United States
    I know scrangos made a gender swap version of the undub. I have no idea where it is though.

10. adino

adino Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2018
    United States
    Does anyone still keep undub + gender swap v4? Can you share the link with me? Thanks a lot.

11. oceantae

oceantae Member

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2017
    United States
    I have luma and a dubbed version installed, can I add your undub to my game or is it a stand alone for citra only?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted