Homebrew IronHax & YoutubeHax - FREE HOMEBREW!!!

LordStarkiller

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was browsing through Smea's tweets and then found this:
"free hax requires a one time install from cubicnin or OOT."

Yep, I say he discovered something after that tweet. What a time to be alive.
Indeed, I can now have emulators and region-free! Once I get my hands on a Sky3DS I it's gonna be roms of japanese games all the way!

Also are there Sega Genesis emulators for 3DS?

WaffleWafer

GBATemp Novice Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Indeed, I can now have emulators and region-free! Once I get my hands on a Sky3DS I it's gonna be roms of japanese games all the way!

Also are there Sega Genesis emulators for 3DS?
These are the current homebrews that can run on the 3ds
http://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Applications

it's a growing list, but the homebrew scene is quite young and that you can expect more in the future

QCLasky

Pro cat lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yup, in fact, here's the screen shot straight from his twitter
View attachment 22544
So this indeed a free exploit that will not require paid hardware/games to launch homebrew. Although I can't speak on behalf of Cubic Ninja sellers dropping their prices,.

snapshot2-png.22544

If ironhax does the exact same thing as ninjhax, why I cant use save editor using ninjhax 2.0?

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If ironhax does the exact same thing as ninjhax, why I cant use save editor using ninjhax 2.0?
Because SaveDataFiler is a developer app that requires elevated permissions to operate, which ninjhax 2.0 cannot provide. Smea is releasing TVDS, his own version of SaveDataFiler that does not need additional permissions, at the same time as Ironhax. You will be able to use Ninjhax 2.0 to run TVDS as well, it is simply that
it wasn't ready to be released before Ironhax was developed.

Doesn't that mean the same thing? Exploit and entrypoint as both mean to allow access to soething that would otherwise be off-limits.
An entrypoint is a foot in the door. For example, it would let you into a club to see what's inside, but you couldn't buy drinks or enter the VIP section. Though it is an exploit in and of itself, it is very sand-boxed and limited. Entrypoints are meant to be used to setup other, more useful exploits, like firmlaunchhax, rohax, memchunkhax, etc. Those exploits let you steal the club's ownership, and remodel it as you like, albeit to different degrees. That's why we make the distinction between regular entrypoints and useful exploits.

Reactions: QCLasky

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Doesn't that mean the same thing? Exploit and entrypoint as both mean to allow access to soething that would otherwise be off-limits.
Nope, because there is no such thing as a persistant software exploit, that would mean that Nintendo are basically morons who cant do their job. My guess is that this is gonna get patched along NH2 in the next update.

LordStarkiller

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, because there is no such thing as a persistant software exploit, that would mean that Nintendo are basically morons who cant do their job. My guess is that this is gonna get patched along NH2 in the next update.
Makes sense. Nintendo aren't slouches when it comes to patching games so they can't be exploited so it makes sense Smea would just release patches to keep up with firmware updates.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ironhax - 8/7/15
3DS FW 10.0.0-20 - 8/11/15

Smea did also mention a way to keep persistent homebrew access even after a FW update was released as long as freehax was installed before-hand. Wonder what that is going to entail....

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Ironhax - 8/7/15
3DS FW 10.0.0-20 - 8/11/15

Smea did also mention a way to keep persistent homebrew access even after a FW update was released as long as freehax was installed before-hand. Wonder what that is going to entail....
Well Ironhax is persistent mainly because its installed on the console so no update can delete it, but that doesnt mean the exploits arent gonna get patched. In the end we will all end up with a copy of Ironfall with the entry point but no way to access the Homebrew Channel or whatnot because the exploits enabling it got patched. Unless theres a new exploit which I highly doubt and hope for.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Fantastic, I can finally get some homebrew on my 3ds. I've downloaded Ironfall on two of my 3ds's (N3ds and 3dsxl). My o3ds is stuck on 9.4, which I use for pokemon hacking using the browser exploit. I don't think it's possible to edit saves in ninjahax yet, so I won't update that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: im playing fortnite rn and just got rsn over by a car