IP.Board V3

tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've been having a look around other forums, and IP.Board V3 is so much better than the 'old' version we have here. The threaded PM's are especially awesome.

Come on Costello, pull your finger out! time for an upgrade.

Salax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The threaded PMs are sweet, we had them on GamingBase. I have a feeling that upgrading would require a lot of work, though (in terms of all the mods installed).

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
Also installing v3 would enable TapaTalk for android users
smile.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I think they wanted to port the site to vB a while back. Don't know where that idea ended though.

No doubt that v3 is better than what we currently have. I don't think the Admins don't want to update, it just takes quite a bit of time (new skin, recode a lot of extensions/modifications etc).

prowler_ said:
Do you have to pay to update to a x.00 version?

I'm sure most of us would donate buy things at shoptemp for it. :3
The update itself costs nothing, provided that you have renewed your support/update license ($25 per 6 months)

The additional extensions, like IP.Blog, IP.Content, ... probably cost you something though.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It would take a ton of effort and time to upgrade to v3 and we currently have no plans to. And please don't tell Costello to "pull his finger out", we all work hard day in and day out to maintain this and our other sites. I know you didn't mean it offensively but I'm just saying...

tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
shaunj66 said:
It would take a ton of effort and time to upgrade to v3 and we currently have no plans to. And please don't tell Costello to "pull his finger out", we all work hard day in and day out to maintain this and our other sites. I know you didn't mean it offensively but I'm just saying...
Noted. I didn't mean in any offense.

With GBAtemp you have a forum which is fairly active, decent staff and fairly good moderation. You look round other forums for other consoles, and they have better 'engines' but can be less active and poor staff/ moderation. I would to see GBAtemp pinch the users of those forums, and have fully fledged PS3, XBOX360 forums etc.

Take the PS3, there's been an explosion of activity since the exploit, mainly on other forums. I believe there should have been a PS3temp, same forum just a different name and portal.

I'm also wondering what's going to happen with the 3DS. A large percentage of users come to this for flashcart related matters, and if the 3DS doesn't get hacked...

There's a few ideas that could be pinched from http://www.logic-sunrise.com/

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Personally, I like the site as it is now, though if there isn't too much of a difference then I guess I wouldn't mind it.
It's certainly not a good idea to update and then have a load of issues to fix immediately afterwards; obviously test it somewhere or make sure all the modifications will either still work or no longer be needed before updating, but maybe if this is put in the list of things to consider; as a low-priority task, then when there's some time to work on it, bit by bit will be worked on ready for an update when there's time.

The day before IPB V4 is released.
smileipb2.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1