Hacking IOS Downgrader wont boot

B1AcK kN1GhT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Everyone,

I'm new to Modding Wii's and It just seems every Tutorial I go to, too Downgrade my Wii from 4.1E too 3.2 It just wont happen because everytime I try to boot IOS Downgrader or cIOS Downgrader it just restarts my Wii
frown.gif

I was following This Guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835
Which was a awesome guide and looked like it was finally going too work until I had to use the Downgraders.

Could someone Please Help me out through this frustration, I have tryed but simple failed everytime
frown.gif

Thank you

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Because downgrading is not necessary anymore. Run the Trucha Bug Restorer as it says. Install cIOS rev14 using IOS36 instead of using rev10. Use dop-IOS to install the IOS60 as it says. That's all you need to do.

tanis698

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you have a newer wii lu64 or higher?if so u can't downgrade.just use bannerbomb to get bootmii,home brew channel.use tbr to be able to install ciosrev14 you are good togo.if you can't install bootmii as a boot2 make sure to read up about preloader.

B1AcK kN1GhT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Alrighty I went too dop-IOS and installed IOS60 etc like it said and It came up with ES_Addcontentstart(bunch of numbers) FAILED
Then-Installation Complete
Then-Installation return -1
Then-Something Failed

Then I thought It installed so I went to the next step which was installing Pre Loader
I go to install that and it said.

Failed to get root, current IOS(36) Has the fakesign bug fix

So I have no idea what to do now, I thought It might of worked some how to play backups so I put Neogamma in the Apps folder but still a no go
frown.gif

Anymore suggestions would be very helpful guys Thanks for the inputs so far
smile.gif

tanis698

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need to run truncha bug restorer.you don't need to downgrade either.there is better ways to modd ur wii now

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
B1AcK kN1GhT said:
Alrighty I went too dop-IOS and installed IOS60 etc like it said and It came up with ES_Addcontentstart(bunch of numbers) FAILED
Then-Installation Complete
Then-Installation return -1
Then-Something Failed

Then I thought It installed so I went to the next step which was installing Pre Loader
I go to install that and it said.

Failed to get root, current IOS(36) Has the fakesign bug fix

So I have no idea what to do now, I thought It might of worked some how to play backups so I put Neogamma in the Apps folder but still a no go
frown.gif

Anymore suggestions would be very helpful guys Thanks for the inputs so far
smile.gif

You haven't properly used the Trucha Bug Restorer yet. Do it just like this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltrd3oq8hPc...re=channel_page

B1AcK kN1GhT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for that helpful Video mate I think the problem was I didnt Restore my IOS15 but...
I could be wrong because I was sure I did the other steps like it said in the Guide, That got everything going and It started to recognize everything when I went back too the dop-IOS etc etc.

But now When I try to go too my Main Wii menu it says Corrupted Files or something and freezes.
But when I go into NeoGamma and try a backup game it works....FINALLY! lol. But now no Main Wii screen :S

So if anyone has any Idea's please share but I'm Gonna start from scratch and try it all again and see how I go if everything falls into place how it should of the first time.
I'll get back to you all and Tell you if I got it working.

Thank you again everyone for the Posts, they have been really helpful
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: so sad