Invention that would make the world worse

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
A steel capped condom would be wildly popular because it would make your erection feel rock hard while helping the man last longer.

...or so I've heard. I don't have a problem with any of that. Why, who did you speak to? :unsure:

The worst invention in the world would be some kind of communication network that would allow Noctosphere's ramblings to be visible to thousands of people all around the world.

Wait... :unsure:

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Transparent toilet paper exists.

Before today's humble bog roll that stands a chance of having something stick to it then it seems our ancestors once used what I can only describe as greaseproof paper squares. I experienced it once, was but a young lad and helping renovate a house an old lady had owned where it was all that was left... and never again shall I, and this is from someone that once had to use stinging nettles following the "rumble rumble rumble you have 30 seconds *instant rugby player transformation*" (turns out the baby ones are not so bad).

That said I am not sure why it is supposed to be a bad idea on par with some of the others there. You are probably going to see the results either way.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is religion an invention or a biological consequence similar to seeing faces in clouds?

War does make it easy to feed my tribe if I can just go take someone else's stuff, or indeed take them out (or maybe add them to my tribe) before they take me out. Makes for some mightly nice inventions too.

Prejudice does mean I can figure people out without getting to know them which takes time and invites an opportunity for them to stab me.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Prejudice does mean I can figure people out without getting to know them which takes time and invites an opportunity for them to stab me.
The fact that you can't figure them out accurately is kind of the point tho. And maybe they wouldn't stab you if you weren't so prejudiced 🤷

Reactions: CoolMe

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is religion an invention
Yes.
or a biological consequence similar to seeing faces in clouds?
Is it?
War does make it easy to feed my tribe if I can just go take someone else's stuff, or indeed take them out (or maybe add them to my tribe) before they take me out.
And that's why it's one of the worst (if not THE).
Debatable.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The fact that you can't figure them out accurately is kind of the point tho. And maybe they wouldn't stab you if you weren't so prejudiced 🤷
I do take the time, and that is also the mindset that sees naive little girls and idiots drive around gang country or shitholes and wonder why they get murdered.

Reactions: JuanMena

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Debatable.
I think you misunderstand. The more time you take hesitating and giving people the benefit of a doubt before coming to a definitive conclusion, the more time they have to stab you.

Religion itself is a combination of runaway pattern recognition (https://www.all-about-psychology.com/superstition-in-the-pigeon.html), confirmation bias, authority bias, and the fight/flight/freeze/fawn response in the face of the incomprehensible vastness of the world, and is pretty much inevitable at a certain point of development of a civilization.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Is religion an invention or a biological consequence similar to seeing faces in clouds?

War does make it easy to feed my tribe if I can just go take someone else's stuff, or indeed take them out (or maybe add them to my tribe) before they take me out. Makes for some mightly nice inventions too.

Now now Tom, no need to be so paranoid.
But did find interesting that Religion is a biological consequence.
I personally think it's an invention to fulfill ignorance.
If we take myths and legends as a consequence of ignorance (It's day but the sun went black/it's night but the moon got red - it must be god mad at us, let's sacrifice/worship to get saved).
Also, find interesting that humans has always had the need for admiration. Greeks worshipped gods/goddesses, now humans worships actors/actresses. It's the same bullshit, only modern.
Also, cold reading, it's easy.
Post automatically merged:

Religion itself is a combination of runaway pattern recognition (https://www.all-about-psychology.com/superstition-in-the-pigeon.html), confirmation bias, authority bias, and the fight/flight/freeze/fawn response in the face of the incomprehensible vastness of the world.
In one word: Ignorance

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_sJ79aDQTeQ?si=dCPYbyGhZ8OFK8nb