Hacking Introducing LetterBomb: The NEW Gameless Wii Exploit!

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
slaphappygamer said:
JoostinOnline said:
brausm08 said:
Zetta_x said:
I don't understand why 4.2 would be better than 4.3 ....
This is the kind of statement that riles Joostin all up!
smile.gif

FYI: 4.1 is better than both of them.... it's all about brick fixability. if you never have a problem, it'll never be an issue.
Joostin = riled.

4.1 is the optimal System Menu because it was the last one to receive bug fixes or new features. Everything above that was designed to brick region changed Korean Wii's and block homebrew (including brick recovery homebrew). With it you have more opportunities to unbrick a Wii. Murphy's law insists that you use 4.1!
wink.gif

awesome info. im on 4.2 and i think that may be my problem loading some forwareders (ftpii). the forwarders worked fine on 3.2. maube i downgrade......hhmmmmm........
I doubt that is the cause. Some apps just don't like forwarders. Ftpii is one of those. If you are already on 4.2, you might be safer just staying there. Downgrading can be just as dangerous as updating.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can still use priiloader to region free patch on 4.3 though right?

Which brick recovery homebrew was blocked? To be honest, like priiloader, all it needs are updates to make it compatible with newer System Menu's + their specific IOS.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hvckz said:
i really think LetterBomb needs a Standalone App.

the site now is lags
Took almost 30 seconds to load for me...and that was after I refreshed it (timed out the first time).

Wiibrew is also screwed up ATM (CSS issues and 503 errors)...wouldn't be surprised if related.

hvckz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
techboy said:
hvckz said:
i really think LetterBomb needs a Standalone App.

the site now is lags
Took almost 30 seconds to load for me...and that was after I refreshed it (timed out the first time).

Wiibrew is also screwed up ATM (CSS issues and 503 errors)...wouldn't be surprised if related.

yeah same for me. lags after a try. then hit refresh then wait for 20 sec. then bbooomm! there goes your bomb.

votes for "LetterBomb standalone app"!!!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Burned DVD works only on old (released before mid2009) Wii.

Burned DVD is a thing of the past, it's slower than HDD and doesn't work with all games (Anti Piracy check).
Well, you can also use it for homebrew purpose only.

Sylar1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:

Burned DVD is a thing of the past, it's slower than HDD and doesn't work with all games (Anti Piracy check).

I've got a launch Wii

I've gotta use Burned DVD's, don't have an external HDD or anything to shove games onto.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Then it will work, though it will be limited to 3x speed.
Default Wii retail game speed is 6x.
Sometime video may be lagging, but you shouldn't notice it too often.

Sylar1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:
Then it will work, though it will be limited to 3x speed.
Default Wii retail game speed is 6x.
Sometime video may be lagging, but you shouldn't notice it too often.

Ah thats good, though i'm more so confused on everything, Will this install everything i need? I mean would i be able to just run the website thing, install whatever pops upo and then be good to go on running burned DVD's? I will most likely be getting an external HDD eventually, though it will probably be the smallest and cheapest i can get

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No, the exploit is used to launch a single file : SD:/boot.elf
Usually, user launch the hackmii installer which is bundled with the LetterBomb.zip (it will install both Bootmii and Homebrew Channel) and that's all.

If you want to hack your Wii to launch backuped games, you will have to follow another tutorials after you have successfully installed the Homebrew channel.
Look in forum > wii > hack stickies, you will find ModMii. replace a game exploit by LetterBomb while reading your personal steps by steps generated tutorial.

D

Deleted User

works great. very simple.. had to update my old firmware first (cant remember which, I think it was the old twighlight hack) wanted a functional SDHC working homebrew.
got the homebrew channel on no problem and the homebrew browser. shame there doesn't seam a lot of apps available since I last used my wii (over a year ago)
lovely work tho.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sylar1 said:
Cyan said:

I've got a launch Wii

I've gotta use Burned DVD's, don't have an external HDD or anything to shove games onto.
4GB thumb drives hold a few games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu