Internet Channel Tweaks

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by teq, May 5, 2009.

1. WB3000

WB3000 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 5, 2007
    United States
    Well, I finally got decryption working in NUSD [​IMG] (still needs work before release though).

I find it amusing that there's CVS login accounts in the 0B.app, there's really no way to use them though. You would have full source code access though, provided it's what I think it is. [​IMG]

Based on what teq has stated, the bar should be able to be removed. You can alter the startpage, so it could either be set to youtube or redirect right away to do so.

2. qwerty12

qwerty12 Member

Newcomer
    May 10, 2009
    London
    I saw ".svn" folders in Mario Kart Wii [​IMG]

Congrats on the decryption!

3. LxTrix

LxTrix GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 3, 2009
    United States
    Considered all the stupid questions you got and how eager people are for this you could sell it.

4. spAik

spAik Member

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2009
    United States
    I guess you joked...but yeah lets sell files which they got by extracting copyrighted content of nintendo and opera. Not matter if its plain xml files or what. They are still copyrighted by Opera. Same on Sony Ericsson phones. Thats all just XML files, too. But SE also doesnt want them to be shared.
    Not that I have a problem with that...but uploading it to google code or even selling it is not a very good idea.

I still hope for a release to the modding community... even if its just as said a DIY-thing. Bootmii somehow took away the scare of bricking my wii with selfmade apps [​IMG]

5. beegee7730

beegee7730 ITS PAAFEKUTO!

Banned
    Mar 31, 2009
    England
    Do you have any tips on how to? [​IMG]

6. speendash

speendash Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 9, 2009
    France
    France
    It's to bad that i can't help ! i don't know a thing about Wad modification

in a any case if you need some help (that i can do...) i will be ok for sure [​IMG]

sorry for my english i'm french .

7. bdr9

bdr9 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 21, 2008
    United States
    Programation... I know you're french but that is funny.

8. speendash

speendash Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 9, 2009
    France
    France
    then if it's bothering you i'll say modification of wads !

9. bdr9

bdr9 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 21, 2008
    United States
    It's not, sorry if i offended you, but I just thought it was funny. The real word to use is programming.

10. monkey04

monkey04 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2008
    Canada
    so you guys are basically trying to add features to the internet browser, If you guys would you mind adding more flash player support so that we can watch videos on other websites other than youtube

11. forbore

forbore GBAtemp Regular

Oct 30, 2008
    Canada
    /dev/canada/quebec
    Monkey: Edit the 00000001.app with a hex editor and search for 0.7. Once you find it, replace it(and the text thyat follows) to 9.9 rev99. Many sites that asked to update won't anymore. Teq was the one who figured that out.

12. LightyKD

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    Could someone PM me one of the worked on .Wad files. I tend to use the Wii and DSi web browsers a lot and would love to be a tester. That way you get some idea of how your work fairs in "real world" usage.

13. Justin121994

Justin121994 Bitcoin. coinbase.com/andrew

Jan 12, 2009
    United States
    Ontario, CA
    Is there anyway cheats would help.Gecko now supports cheats for channels. So if we want the original we don't activate the cheats.

14. SifJar

SifJar Not a pirate

Apr 4, 2009
    I dont really want to wade through 12 pages, so can someone tell, what has been achieved? What modifications have been made?

15. Sarvesh50

Sarvesh50 Aye!

Jul 7, 2008
    Netherlands
    Netherlands
    So i want to know any progress yet?

16. forbore

forbore GBAtemp Regular

Oct 30, 2008
    Canada
    /dev/canada/quebec
    I do not know what teq has acheived but all I know is that he is supposed to be working on a tabbed browser. I have working on a recolored browser and we are able to change the Flash & browser version to trick websites. We are also able to manually add websites to the bookmarks therefor change their names and the pics and the default bookmarks. If teq could give info about what hes doing it'd be great.

The only thing thats stopping me from releasing the recolored browser(green) is the fact that I need to find a way to compress +50 TGAs in 1 TPL.

17. LxTrix

LxTrix GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 3, 2009
    United States
    no

18. teq
    OP

teq GBAtemp Maniac

May 13, 2008
    United States
    Sorry guys, I've been away for a few days now.

Having access to the original source would be a dream come true. I'll look into it tomorrow(it's midnight PST right now). Putting a WAD up might be doable pretty soon -- I haven't really had time to work on anything.

I found my copy of Dreamweaver, though, so that should speed things along.

19. ploggy

ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

Aug 29, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Thanks teq looking forward to a release, any mods to the channel are greatly appreciated.

20. WB3000

WB3000 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 5, 2007
    United States
    I think that a final product should have an alternate Title ID (To allow both the original and custom to coexist) as well as some altered form of the banner. I'd be willing to take a look at the banner part, though it might take some time. [​IMG]