Hacking Installing WADs

Acester

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey all, it's me again. Just so you know, I am using xzxero's guide and I am stumped at the moment. Right now I have to install the following wad files:

Install IOS70-v6687.wad
Install IOS202-v4.wad
Install IOS222-v4.wad
Install IOS223-v4.wad
Install IOS249-v14.wad
Install IOS250-v65535.wad

Apparantly they are included in some .zip folder called modify.zip, which you get by emailing [email protected]. I emailed it twice and got nothing, so I moved along and I seem to be doing fine..

Anyway, I need to get my hands on those wad files but I'm not sure where they're at, can someone show me how to get them?
Also, I understand you need WAD Manager 1.5, and I have it, but it's not showing up in the HBC. I've placed it inside of the /apps folder, is that correct?
I also understand that the wad files have to go into a folder called /wad...

Anyway, any help is appreciated.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Go here: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/NUS_Downloader

That can get you any IOS wads you need
smile.gif

Acester

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Slimmmmmm said:
Go here: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/NUS_Downloader

That can get you any IOS wads you need
smile.gif

Cool, thanks

I took a look at it, but I am now stumped again.
frown.gif
I got the first one "IOS70-v6687.wad" fine.. But the 2nd one "IOS202-v4.wad" doesn't seem to be listed. Also, the other ones that are listed like IOS 222 has 2 versions, either the newest or v65280, and I am looking for v4 apparently. Am I looking in the wrong place?

I click "wii", then "Database, IOS" and look in there. Thanks for the help so far, this is a cool program.
smile.gif

Halo_Killer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only ios from your list that you would want to get from NUS would be ios 70, because I don't think it even has 202 or 250, and the versions of 222, 223 and 249 is has are stub versions. Also, as far as installing those ios's, if you can, I think you should use their online installers.

Acester

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Halo_Killer said:
The only ios from your list that you would want to get from NUS would be ios 70, because I don't think it even has 202 or 250, and the versions of 222, 223 and 249 is has are stub versions. Also, as far as installing those ios's, if you can, I think you should use their online installers.

Very helpful, thank you!

What kind of online installer can I use? That sounds much easier.. I have Wad Manager 1.5, but it's not appearing in THC and I don't know if that's normal or not..
Sorry if this seems like a stupid question, I'm new to the whole soft modding thing.. I actually have a wiikey v1, but I'd really like to be able to do this if I can to work with the wiikey, mainly for NSMB and future hard to launch games.

wii knee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Acester said:
Hey all, it's me again. Just so you know, I am using xzxero's guide and I am stumped at the moment. Right now I have to install the following wad files:

Install IOS70-v6687.wad
Install IOS202-v4.wad
Install IOS222-v4.wad
Install IOS223-v4.wad
Install IOS249-v14.wad
Install IOS250-v65535.wad

Apparantly they are included in some .zip folder called modify.zip, which you get by emailing [email protected]. I emailed it twice and got nothing, so I moved along and I seem to be doing fine..

Anyway, I need to get my hands on those wad files but I'm not sure where they're at, can someone show me how to get them?
Also, I understand you need WAD Manager 1.5, and I have it, but it's not showing up in the HBC. I've placed it inside of the /apps folder, is that correct?
I also understand that the wad files have to go into a folder called /wad...

Anyway, any help is appreciated.

Dude, it's in your spam/junk mail folder. look there

Acester

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It is not in the junk folder. And the spam filter is off. *shrug*

Anyway, it's working smoothly now, thank you xzxero!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative