• Total voters

Slownic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello there.

I'm trying to install rxTools on my o3DS with 9.2.0-20 following your guide. Everything seems to work until step 5: even if i use the same nightly the op of this guide used, i have these issues

1. I can't start rxTools' first installation just from powering up my 3DS without touching any button, everytime i do so, it just boots up in sysNAND. I tried to fix this by booting into HBL holding L, then hold L again while i'm opening the rxTools HBL app
  2. I can't open the rxTools app in the HBL in any way, neither if i don't press anything nor if i press L while opening the app.

Is there anybody who had the same problems?

Thanks in advance

EDIT:

I was finally able to do rxTools first installation without touching anything, i did it by using the modified boot.3dsx in the Download Center of the guide. And now... i got more problems:

1. It seems like i still cannot access the rxTools app via HBL by holding L while opening the app itself, however, i was able to access rxTools options holding L+R while booting
  2. I was able to inject fbi following the V section of the guide, or at least i think so, but i can't access emuNAND in any way, no matter if i try to enter via rxMode or in any other way
  3. If i don't touch any button while booting, it sends me back to the rx first installation screen for half a sec, and then the screen becomes just black and i can't do shit

Do I have to change something in the boot_cfg.ini file? I'd really love some help, this guide is the best that i was able to find, but it seems like I'm getting all sorts of bad luck :/

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Slownic,

MissingNo._

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShinyMK said:
Go into HBL by Holding L while power on, Hold L and open rxTools, Click A to open rxMode, Hold R+Y and it should boot you into EmuNAND, Go into Theme Options and change the Theme to anything else for now. It will remove MenuHax from EmuNAND and stop boot looping boot.3dsx.
That definitely fixed my issue, but I had gotten to it before you told me :P Thanks though! My top screen is also fine now; blowing into the triggers to get them to work again definitely messed up my top screen for a while.

Last edited by MissingNo._,

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Hello there.

I'm trying to install rxTools on my o3DS with 9.2.0-20 following your guide. Everything seems to work until step 5: even if i use the same nightly the op of this guide used, i have these issues

• I can't start rxTools' first installation just from powering up my 3DS without touching any button, everytime i do so, it just boots up in sysNAND. I tried to fix this by booting into HBL holding L, then hold L again while i'm opening the rxTools HBL app
    • I can't open the rxTools app in the HBL in any way, neither if i don't press anything nor if i press L while opening the app.
Is there anybody who had the same problems?

Thanks in advance

EDIT:

I was finally able to do rxTools first installation without touching anything, i did it by using the modified boot.3dsx in the Download Center of the guide. And now... i got more problems:

1. It seems like i still cannot access the rxTools app via HBL by holding L while opening the app itself, however, i was able to access rxTools options holding L+R while booting
  2. I was able to inject fbi following the V section of the guide, or at least i think so, but i can't access emuNAND in any way, no matter if i try to enter via rxMode or in any other way
  3. If i don't touch any button while booting, it sends me back to the rx first installation screen for half a sec, and then the screen becomes just black and i can't do shit

Do I have to change something in the boot_cfg.ini file? I'd really love some help, this guide is the best that i was able to find, but it seems like I'm getting all sorts of bad luck :/

Thanks in advance.
Ok I understand your problems.

What you need to do is Power on your system while holding L to go to the HBL.
Hold L+R (As that works for you) to open the rxMenu (Since you did the First Time screen). Click A to enter rxMode and Hold R while you click Y or X to boot emunand (Cant remember which one it is xD)
That should boot you into it emuNAND. Now to resolve the issues go into Theme Options from the Settings button on the Top Left corner and change your theme to anything for now just move it from whatever it currently is.
Power Down and Reboot dont press anything and it should boot up with no issues. If its still giving issues let me know.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Go into HBL by Holding L while power on, Hold L and open rxTools, Click A to open rxMode, Hold R+Y and it should boot you into EmuNAND, Go into Theme Options and change the Theme to anything else for now. It will remove MenuHax from EmuNAND and stop boot looping boot.3dsx.
That definitely fixed my issue, but I had gotten to it before you told me :P Thanks though! My top screen is also fine now; blowing into the triggers to get them to work again definitely messed up my top screen for a while.[/QUOTE]
I think your top screen was bust from your actually 3DS not what was changed to the system :/ but thank goodness its working fine now :) - Also could you plz fix the quote? add:
Code:
[QUOTE=ShinyMK]
to the start of your post.

Last edited by PRAGMA,

Slownic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok I understand your problems.

What you need to do is Power on your system while holding L to go to the HBL.
Hold L+R (As that works for you) to open the rxMenu (Since you did the First Time screen). Click A to enter rxMode and Hold R while you click Y or X to boot emunand (Cant remember which one it is xD)
That should boot you into it emuNAND. Now to resolve the issues go into Theme Options from the Settings button on the Top Left corner and change your theme to anything for now just move it from whatever it currently is.
Power Down and Reboot dont press anything and it should boot up with no issues. If its still giving issues let me know.

Ok, so, since i couldn't get it to work in any way, i tried to repeat the whole guide, except point III-A, since i've already backupped my sysNAND.

Now, here's what i've done:
  • If i put the contents of the modified boot.3dsx zip file inside the SD at the beginning of the guide, it simply doesn't boot sysNAND in any way. Because of this, i just put the contents of the starter pack inside my SD, to obtain HBL access and set up MenuHax
  • Before starting point 5, and after i've put the rxTools folders (rxTools in root and ninjhax/rxTools inside /3ds), i extracted the modified boot.3dsx zip inside root and, finally, i got the rxTools first installation without touching anything working (yay!)
  • I, then, follow the guide normally, since everything works, so i tried to install FBI on emunand, i checked TMD, powered down, i've put the right fbi_injection files in the root of SD and finally injected FBI on emunand, as the guide says
After this point, what it's written on the guide doesn't seem to work:
  • I can't access the HBL rxTools' app (pressing L while opening the app doesn't work)
  • I can, however, access rxTools options by pressing L+R while booting
  • No matter how many times i've tried, i can't boot to emuNAND in the way you explained it in the guide, by holding R while pressing A and keep holding
Oh, BTW, after following your guide, will i be able to coldboot into emuNAND?

Sorry for this long post, but i've been trying to get rxTools to work for the last two days and i'm losing hope :hateit:

Last edited by Slownic,

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Ok, so, since i couldn't get it to work in any way, i tried to repeat the whole guide, except point III-A, since i've already backupped my sysNAND.

Now, here's what i've done:
  • If i put the contents of the modified boot.3dsx zip file inside the SD at the beginning of the guide, it simply doesn't boot sysNAND in any way. Because of this, i just put the contents of the starter pack inside my SD, to obtain HBL access and set up MenuHax
  • Before starting point 5, and after i've put the rxTools folders (rxTools in root and ninjhax/rxTools inside /3ds), i extracted the modified boot.3dsx zip inside root and, finally, i got the rxTools first installation without touching anything working (yay!)
  • I, then, follow the guide normally, since everything works, so i tried to install FBI on emunand, i checked TMD, powered down, i've put the right fbi_injection files in the root of SD and finally injected FBI on emunand, as the guide says
After this point, what it's written on the guide doesn't seem to work:
  • I can't access the HBL rxTools' app (pressing L while opening the app doesn't work)
  • I can, however, access rxTools options by pressing L+R while booting
  • No matter how many times i've tried, i can't boot to emuNAND in the way you explained it in the guide, by holding R while pressing A and keep holding
Oh, BTW, after following your guide, will i be able to coldboot into emuNAND?

Sorry for this long post, but i've been trying to get rxTools to work for the last two days and i'm losing hope :hateit:
Omg dude theres no need to restart the tutorial. Everything was setupfine you just misunderstood my steps. Hold L + Power On, Your now in HBL, Hold L and Open rxTools from HBL > Press A to Open rxMode > Hold R + Y (Whatever Button it is to open EmuNAND) > It WILL boot EmuNAND, Go into the Settings Button top left of the screen and go into Theme Options. Change your theme to anything and your set.

Power Down and Power Back on and you should boot right into EmuNAND. If you still get issues dont redo the tutorial just reply and ill help you out.

Slownic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The thing is, apparently i cannot boot into emuNAND, every single time i should be accessing the emuNAND home menu i just get a black screen and it just sits there, doing nothing. Now i'm trying to install FBI (again) into emuNAND but everytime i check for the TMD it says that "opening SecureInfo_A" has failed.

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
The thing is, apparently i cannot boot into emuNAND, every single time i should be accessing the emuNAND home menu i just get a black screen and it just sits there, doing nothing. Now i'm trying to install FBI (again) into emuNAND but everytime i check for the TMD it says that "opening SecureInfo_A" has failed.
Did you boot into EmuNAND like I explained? If you have the modified boot.3dsx with the files from the zip then holding R while pressing A on rxTools should work.

Slownic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No, man. What happens is that everytime it should boot into emuNAND, and i mean even after the First Time Setup of rxTools, it just goes to a black screen.

Since it doesn't work in any way, i tried to format and restart from point 4 and now i can't install fbi in rxTools options: it fails opening SecureInfo_A and B...

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
No, man. What happens is that everytime it should boot into emuNAND, and i mean even after the First Time Setup of rxTools, it just goes to a black screen.

Since it doesn't work in any way, i tried to format and restart from point 4 and now i can't install fbi in rxTools options: it fails opening SecureInfo_A and B...
If you mean a Red and Black flashing screen then just do what I said... Plenty of people had this issue and got it sorted with that trick.

Slownic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No man, i know which kind of issue you mean and that's not it. Everytime it has to boot into emunand, the rxTools logo pops up and then it glitches on the left side of the top screen, till the whole screen is black, and it just stays black.

Could it be that for some weird fucking reason, the version of rxTools you use is not compatible with my o3DS?

KytuzuEX

Recreate your Re:Creators by Recreating.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
help,

I accidentally skipped the part to replace the boot.3dsx and the other files in the startup.zip in Download manager.

So i configured this with all the default starter.zip files and not with the ones I had to replace and now that I replace it, Holding L gives me freeze and goes to EmuNAND (not able to go on homebrew), R goes to the SysNAND and nothing goes to EmuNAND also.
but the defaults, goes to homebrew but NOT to Home Menu, it turns back into HB!.

I'm kinda stuck )I'm in the process that I have to do step 10 and that's intrigues me.

SELECT was my older setup and it worked only on the default files

Last edited by KytuzuEX,

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
No man, i know which kind of issue you mean and that's not it. Everytime it has to boot into emunand, the rxTools logo pops up and then it glitches on the left side of the top screen, till the whole screen is black, and it just stays black.

Could it be that for some weird fucking reason, the version of rxTools you use is not compatible with my o3DS?
Its meant to glitch to the left. I highly dought that its incompatible. Just boot into EmuNand and Once the rxTools logo glitches right when it shows that image Hold R see if that works. If not then im unsure what happened and I advise you to restart the tutorial (Go into EmuNand9 tool and format EmuNAND Backup ur stuff doe)
EDIT: Have you even made your EmuNAND? Just question

Yes, the Emunand from the download center is inside my 3ds folder, but It does not show up in the homebrew menu
Then im unsure dude, If its in your folder it should be there.

help,

I accidentally skipped the part to replace the boot.3dsx and the other files in the startup.zip in Download manager.

So i configured this with all the default starter.zip files and not with the ones I had to replace and now that I replace it, Holding L gives me freeze and goes to EmuNAND (not able to go on homebrew), R goes to the SysNAND and nothing goes to EmuNAND also.
but the defaults, goes to homebrew but NOT to Home Menu, it turns back into HB!.

I'm kinda stuck )I'm in the process that I have to do step 10 and that's intrigues me.

SELECT was my older setup and it worked only on the default files
Did you also copy the "boothbl.3dsx" file thats in the replace zip? It most likely froze from not finding the HBL boot.3dsx which is in the replace zip.
When you get HBL fixed, Hold L to open HBL > Open rxTools while holding L press a to open rxMode > Hold R + Boot EmuNAND > Change your theme to anything other then default for now.
That will resolve the issue with flashing red/black screen upon opening emuNand

Reactions: KytuzuEX

Slownic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Its meant to glitch to the left. I highly dought that its incompatible. Just boot into EmuNand and Once the rxTools logo glitches right when it shows that image Hold R see if that works. If not then im unsure what happened and I advise you to restart the tutorial (Go into EmuNand9 tool and format EmuNAND Backup ur stuff doe)
EDIT: Have you even made your EmuNAND? Just question

Yeah man, if i open emuNAND9Tool it says i have a "GW emuNAND" installed.

I'll try with rxTools v2.6, and if that doesn't work, i'll try v2.5.2. I'll let you know the results, don't worry.

If that fails, i'll try on another sd card, maybe that's the problem, and if that doesn't work too, i'll try to install CakesFW

Reactions: KytuzuEX

IDKHow2Play

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here is a screen shoot of the files in my 3ds folder. Is everything in the correct place

Attachments

• ss.jpg
    ss.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 208

kiantsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Thanks! I used this guide on my O3DS and successfully managed to install an emuNAND and update it to 10.5. Everything's working great.

Reactions: PRAGMA

d3vine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm needing some help restoring my game saves after following the tutorial for unlinking my NNID.

Before I started I did an emunand dump in emunand9, then I made a copy of my entire SD card. After I backed this all up I followed the tutorial to unlink my NNID and everything worked so I can update games, access the eshop, ect...

Now the only problem is I don't know how to or if there's a way to transfer my saved games data from the copy of my SD card before I reformatted. I keep seeing posts about using savedatafiler but I don't know if I have that installed or where I can find it.

KytuzuEX

Recreate your Re:Creators by Recreating.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Sorry for many questions but,

I'm safe from online play in this method?
Since it doesn't require any kind of flashcarts...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto