We're you Successful?

• Total voters

Kage9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
When you were injecting did you inject it into SysNAND or EmuNAND. Its meant to be injected into EmuNAND.
I injected it into emuNAND. On the tutorial, it says "While holding "R" press "X" to boot into EmuNAND. You should end up at the Home Menu." I tried to press Y, now I can open the FBI app and I have RX-E in the settings.

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
I injected it into emuNAND. On the tutorial, it says "While holding "R" press "X" to boot into EmuNAND. You should end up at the Home Menu." I tried to press Y, now I can open the FBI app and I have RX-E in the settings.
So your sorted or do you still got issues?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks for your reply, how about different region?, i use emuNAND 10.4 jpn but, cia file is US, Rxtools pass region checking?
Honestly im unsure but I have a EU 3DS and use the exact same CIA so im assuming region doesnt matter.

will the modified .3ds boot file still work if I update my emunand to 10.4?
Yes, You dont understand I guess what the boot.3dsx file is lol. its simply just a homebrew app set to autolaunch on boot. Then I set it to auto launch rxTools if u press nothing and boot into HBL if you hold L and then both into SysNAND (No homebrew or CFW etc) if you hold R. But if I were you dont update at all. You never know what exploits will come up and I dont know if it will remove menuhax when you update. So if I were you dont update.

Reactions: dekudude

PSWitia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I still have no success with emunand :(
I've tried unlinking nands before installing rxTools, tried everything in troubleshooting and made sure I followed the guide correctly.
It wont let me boot into emunand from launching rxTools via HBL or by using the modified boot file :(
All I get is a slow flashing red screen.

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
I still have no success with emunand :(
I've tried unlinking nands before installing rxTools, tried everything in troubleshooting and made sure I followed the guide correctly.
It wont let me boot into emunand from launching rxTools via HBL or by using the modified boot file :(
All I get is a slow flashing red screen.
Are you full sure you have an EmuNand at all? Try Holding L while opening rxTools from HBL

Supert5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I followed the guide and finally got everything to work but I had some problems along the way and one lingering issue I hope you can help me with.

1. My 3ds does not boot directly into emunand. It will always glitch out and I get the red and black screen blinking if I dont touch anything. I have to go into homebrew (menuhax) then rx tools -> select emunand -> hold R. Do you have any tips so I can go directly into emunand on bootup?

2. When I followed the guide I dl the most recent rx tools and it wouldnt let me inject FBI, It took me awhile but after using the rx version you used it worked.

3. Thanks alot for the guide was very useful **Thumbs up**

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
I followed the guide and finally got everything to work but I had some problems along the way and one lingering issue I hope you can help me with.

1. My 3ds does not boot directly into emunand. It will always glitch out and I get the red and black screen blinking if I dont touch anything. I have to go into homebrew (menuhax) then rx tools -> select emunand -> hold R. Do you have any tips so I can go directly into emunand on bootup?

2. When I followed the guide I dl the most recent rx tools and it wouldnt let me inject FBI, It took me awhile but after using the rx version you used it worked.

3. Thanks alot for the guide was very useful **Thumbs up**
Make sure you have the boot.ini file (or.cfg i cant remember). If you have that then try going into EmuNAND some way and make sure you are in EmuNAND by going into System Settings to see instead of it saying ver. it shoudl say RX-E/U/J. If it says that then Power off and go into EmuNAND the same way and if your definitely unlinked, Change the theme to Anything and then it should be fixed.

Supert5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Make sure you have the boot.ini file (or.cfg i cant remember). If you have that then try going into EmuNAND some way and make sure you are in EmuNAND by going into System Settings to see instead of it saying ver. it shoudl say RX-E/U/J. If it says that then Power off and go into EmuNAND the same way and if your definitely unlinked, Change the theme to Anything and then it should be fixed.
TY! Changing the theme fixed it.

Reactions: PRAGMA

ArchangelPT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
By far the best tutorial around, i had issues with everything else but this worked perfectly. Very easy to read as well.

10/10, i'd like and subscribe if this was youtube.

Reactions: PRAGMA

ArchangelPT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, my second 3DS XL didn't go as well. Everything was doing fine but when i try to boot emunand the screen starts flashing black and red intermittently. Also the Health and Safety app is missing from the sisnand

Any ideas or should i start over?

IDKHow2Play

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am able to get all the way to step 7 of Launching Homebrew. After the green screen flashes i get this error rxtools/sys/code.bin not found. I dont under stand what i have done wrong

ArchangelPT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright now i'm getting worried, the safety app is gone and it won't come back even after i format the console, i can't seem to access the emunand even though i did every step i did with the other console. One is a regular 3DS and this is a XL so there shouldn't be any differences.

This isn't my console, i was doing this for a friend and i was supposed to deliver it tomorrow. Please help.

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Hmm, my second 3DS XL didn't go as well. Everything was doing fine but when i try to boot emunand the screen starts flashing black and red intermittently. Also the Health and Safety app is missing from the sisnand

Any ideas or should i start over?
Have a look in the Troubleshooter.

I am able to get all the way to step 7 of Launching Homebrew. After the green screen flashes i get this error rxtools/sys/code.bin not found. I dont under stand what i have done wrong
Are you using n3DS? Also, Have you copied the rxTools folder to sd card root? If its not even in the zip file download the rxTools version I used.

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
I did, even after finishing the steps the problem remains.I don't understand why i'm having problems here when it worked so well the last time.
Are you able to boot into EmuNAND from Holding L while opening rxTools from HBL? If that doesnt work try holding R while you open rxTools from HBL but its unlikely it will put you into EmuNAND.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think