House Spider

In the GBAtemp attic.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net
XP
Country
When I was younger I found the Vores in Quake scary.
tongue.gif

vore.jpg

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
SOmething about this continued argument over Skull's flaming skills. How long before somebody mentions the Nazis? At that point this thread should be closed.

Anyway, pretty decent there Skully, I would've just left it as a floating loop myself as that would have looked less jerky and if it does nothing would be a little creepier as it holds no obvious threat FOR NOW! MWAHAHAHA

Bently

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@SC
That video you just posted isnt bad, though im wondering why the shadow
is more of a transparent/translucent colour rather than just plain black?

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jamstruth said:
At least Skully appears to have taken the advice from my last post as to not posting in this thread until he has more to show than a pre-rendered piece of 3D

QUOTE(Skullcollector @ Jan 19 2010, 08:38 AM) Hey I am adding a new feature, a Video Camcorder, Dictaphone and a little Ghost-O-Meter. You will only be ableto record video sometimes, and when on playback mode, you may see ghosts or activity for ghosts.

lol

Cool vid SC.

tombot

Trophies
Website
www.wix.com
XP
Country
United States
Rendering a movie with anim8tor and actually incorporating it into a game are two totally different things. Before the admins carry me off for flaming, I would like to say that I do like the animation, even if it's just a chair.

Eldude

Trophies
XP
Country
Skullcollector said:
Okay everyone. I need scary ideas!

You making a game......

Worth a days ban!!!

Nice video.... pity the game will not be anything like it except for a few stills.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tombot said:
Rendering a movie with anim8tor and actually incorporating it into a game are two totally different things. Before the admins carry me off for flaming, I would like to say that I do like the animation, even if it's just a chair.

That's not a flame. You aren't attacking him on a personal level. That is a valid point.

Where the problem comes in, people are just saying things to be dicks to him. And that's what we don't want to see done to anyone else on these boards.

So, carry on. No flames here
smile.gif

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
Any homebrew project is worth paying attention to, especially in underrepresented genres like Horror. Sounds like you're aiming for a variant of Fatal Frame with that videocam use. I have to admit, it sounds promising. I have no idea why you keep getting stick, but this is one project you should definitely see through 'til the end.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Skullcollector said:
I understand alot of you are angry for me showing no demos.
But do Nintendo give demo DS cards out to everyone?

They may not publicly release demos, but they still show footage (not to mention a playable portion of the game is usually complete before the game is even announced).

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well Mr Skullcollector, I think what people are getting at is that a lot of people who start making a game don't actually announce it let alone show anything from it until they have completed at least 40% of it to know that its something that they want to complete.

My advice would be to knuckle down and get on with it and then when there is lots to say and show then post something. I think its best to do it that way personally.

I'd love it if you kept this a secret until you have a lot to show, would've put people in their place for a start.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Skullcollector said:
Okay everyone. I need scary ideas!
I found in F.E.A.R the bit when you turned round & went down the ladder & you catch site of Alma sooo close to you so freaking scary
& also bits when you walked along & light fittings fell, door slamming just as you approached them shocking as well

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo