Homebrew Inferno - Horrifying DS game.

D

Deleted_171835

Law said:
Revolutionize said:
Skullcollector said:
0.o It was alright.
I get scared easily.

I saw some movie where a girl's head came off. I fainted (literally).

Go watch Feast and see a girl get mouth raped by a demon zombie monster thing.

Raped by a monster?
blink.gif
I'll download the movie. Face my fears.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
GameSoul said:
How about walking down a dark hallway and the light flickers on to see a dark figure down the hall, then it blacks out again.
tongue.gif
last night after posting my 'scary bit' i had a flash of something similar - how about this scenario

You walk into a darkened room (lightning is flashing outside a window)
All that's in the room is a cupboard & the door is ajar & squeaking due to wind (perhaps).
You go to open the cupboard to see if there's anything useful in it.
Opening the door, you expect 'something' to happen - nothing does (phew) - but you do find an item in the bottom
As you close the cupboard door - lightning happens outside the window with VERY loud thunder.......
& just as the door closes you see a bloody figure crouching behind the door with a raised knife...& the room is plunged into darkness

... but when the next lightning occurs - the figure has gone !!!!

House Spider

In the GBAtemp attic.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net
XP
Country
CannonFoddr said:
GameSoul said:
How about walking down a dark hallway and the light flickers on to see a dark figure down the hall, then it blacks out again.
tongue.gif
last night after posting my 'scary bit' i had a flash of something similar - how about this scenario

All that's in the room is a cupboard & the door is ajar & squeaking due to wind (perhaps).
Opening the door, you expect 'something' to happen - nothing does (phew) - but you do find an item in the bottom
As you close the cupboard door - lightning happens outside the window with VERY loud thunder.......
& just as the door closes you see a bloody figure crouching behind the door with a raised knife...& the room is plunged into darkness

I agree, that sounds scary.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
other scenerios:
A room with TV switched on but not tuned in (i.e. 'white snow') - if you watch for a while a face forms within the 'snow' apparently 'screaming'

Variation of GameSouls suggestion: Corridor with old cast iron radiators along the walls - as you walk down it, one pops a valve & steam blows out across your path.....In the steam you see a shadowy figure

In a dimly lit bathroom - you look around; at the shower head; at the bath; look down into toilet... As you look up you see a face staring at you.... Oh hang on - it's a mirror.. Phew... but then you notice in the reflection just outside door what looks like a figure - You turn round & there's nothing there

Walking up some stairs - your foot falls through an old step so you grab onto bannister to get your balance... You feel something wet so you look at your hand.... There's Blood/Slime on it...but the banister is dry & dusty

You walk into what looks like a hospital ward, with old iron beds lining both sides - take a step in & all of a sudden the beds furthest away from you fly up into the air as though they were lifted and pushed away... Then the next nearest does the same ... then nearer still...all the way up to where you're standing.. until the last pair when...........

..................A scream and blood splatters over ceiling and drips down... where once it hits the floor,it collapses in front of you preventing you going any further

In an old fashion kitchen you notice something oozing out from the old stove oven door..... You open it & find a severed head frozen in a scream pose...

You walk into a bedroom.. & as you enter you notice what looks like 2 eyes are staring out from under the bed apparently blinking... You slowly bend down to look to see what it might be.........
... A china doll with glass eyes,t hese were reflecting your torch light... but you notice behind the doll something else...

as you reach under to move the doll to get at the item... the doll suddenly comes to life baring sharp teeth & attempts to bite your hand

5hours

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't have the patience to read through the whole thread, but apparantly you have some pretty so-called awesome ideas, but do you also have any screens etc? I would be quite interested in those..

Actions, my friend. Not just words
wink.gif

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
CannonFoddr said:
GameSoul said:
tongue.gif

Haha, you should be a writer for games. XD I like the italics for added effect.
rofl2.gif

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Skyline969 said:
CannonFoddr said:
GameSoul said:
tongue.gif

Haha, you should be a writer for games. XD I like the italics for added effect.
rofl2.gif
+1
That actually sounds good because ive seen it in a couple of horror movies before

Makar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skullcollector said:
But please focus on this project.

I think you should finish all your other projects before you start a new one (AGAIN).

What number is this now? How many of these projects are you still working on and how many homebrew apps have you actually released?

haflore

aeternaliter fluxa
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
GameSoul said:
tongue.gif

QUOTE(CannonFoddr @ Jan 21 2010, 12:50 PM)
other scenerios:
A room with TV switched on but not tuned in (i.e. 'white snow') - if you watch for a while a face forms within the 'snow' apparently 'screaming'

Variation of GameSouls suggestion: Corridor with old cast iron radiators along the walls - as you walk down it, one pops a valve & steam blows out across your path.....In the steam you see a shadowy figure

In a dimly lit bathroom - you look around; at the shower head; at the bath; look down into toilet... As you look up you see a face staring at you.... Oh hang on - it's a mirror.. Phew... but then you notice in the reflection just outside door what looks like a figure - You turn round & there's nothing there

Walking up some stairs - your foot falls through an old step so you grab onto bannister to get your balance... You feel something wet so you look at your hand.... There's Blood/Slime on it...but the banister is dry & dusty

You walk into what looks like a hospital ward, with old iron beds lining both sides - take a step in & all of a sudden the beds furthest away from you fly up into the air as though they were lifted and pushed away... Then the next nearest does the same ... then nearer still...all the way up to where you're standing.. until the last pair when...........

..................A scream and blood splatters over ceiling and drips down... where once it hits the floor,it collapses in front of you preventing you going any further

In an old fashion kitchen you notice something oozing out from the old stove oven door..... You open it & find a severed head frozen in a scream pose...

You walk into a bedroom.. & as you enter you notice what looks like 2 eyes are staring out from under the bed apparently blinking... You slowly bend down to look to see what it might be.........
... A china doll with glass eyes,t hese were reflecting your torch light... but you notice behind the doll something else...

as you reach under to move the doll to get at the item... the doll suddenly comes to life baring sharp teeth & attempts to bite your hand
Those are great!! You could make horror films with stuff like that(no sarcasm)!

@SkullCollecter, Despite my comments on the Inferno 2 thread I actually very much like you work, and wish you the best with this and all your other projects.

Sonicslasher

In Law we trust.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Makar8000 said:
Skullcollector said:

I think you should finish all your other projects before you start a new one (AGAIN).

What number is this now? How many of these projects are you still working on and how many homebrew apps have you actually released?
Hey! Don't talk bad about Skullcollector
mad.gif

It's not easy to make a homebrew developer. Sometimes you get a really good idea, but it just doesn't work out very well. Or you just think of a even better idea. Now I hope to finish Inferno 2, but there are no guarantees in life.
lecture.gif

Makar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sonicslasher said:
Makar8000 said:
Skullcollector said:

Hey! Don't talk bad about Skullcollector
mad.gif

It's not easy to make a homebrew developer. Sometimes you get a really good idea, but it just doesn't work out very well. Or you just think of a even better idea. Now I hope to finish Inferno 2, but there are no guarantees in life.
lecture.gif

I guess what I'm trying to say is that he shouldn't start announcing stuff until he is sure he is going to stick to it and he has a decent amount of progress done.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
worlok375 said:
Eldude said:
11 pages and all we have is a screen shot and a video that will never appear in the game... Anything else?

Ugh, don't start this again.
Yeah, he wants to try and start this again

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
worlok375 said:
Eldude said:
11 pages and all we have is a screen shot and a video that will never appear in the game... Anything else?

Ugh, don't start this again.
Yeah, he wants to try and start this again
Just ignore it and it'll go away

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: xd