Gaming In Need of Netflix Wii Help

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To put it simply, I cant get the latest version of Netflix from the Wii Shop Channel. I keep getting an error 201022. I know that wads of "free" things is something of a grey area but if someone happens to have the wad of the latest Netflix, I'm available via P.M. I don't want to step on admin toes but I don't have many options :P

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are Netflix WAD files all over the internet. You can find them with a quick Google search; just make sure it's recent.

As for Error 201022, there are various things that could be causing this. How long have you been getting the error? Do you get the error anywhere else? Have you done NAND restores? Have you used SNEEK/UNEEK using a copy of your own Wii's NAND? Do you get error codes in Wii games?

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are Netflix WAD files all over the internet. You can find them with a quick Google search; just make sure it's recent.

As for Error 201022, there are various things that could be causing this. How long have you been getting the error? Do you get the error anywhere else? Have you done NAND restores? Have you used SNEEK/UNEEK using a copy of your own Wii's NAND? Do you get error codes in Wii games?

I don't use SNEEK/UNEEK. Netflix is the only app I get this error on. I just finished updating Hulu Plus and Amazon Video and those went smoothly. I looked at the usual places for a wad but one place had one from 2010 and I'm not sure when was the last time the Netflix app was updated. I considered the NUS downloader but is that thing still relevant? As for a NAND restore I havn't done one in a long while.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In that case, I would use something like AnyTitle Deleter to remove the old version of Netflix from your Wii. That might get rid of the error.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In that case, I would use something like AnyTitle Deleter to remove the old version of Netflix from your Wii. That might get rid of the error.

I also wonder if it's a matter of Netflix might wanting to create IOS249 ish stubs on my Wii and I have those IOS files maxed out. I'll keep hunting for a wad for now. At this rate, I can still watch Netflix on my Ouya but I really prefer my Wii.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also wonder if it's a matter of Netflix might wanting to create IOS249 ish stubs on my Wii and I have those IOS files maxed out.

That's highly unlikely. As far as I'm aware, Netflix doesn't mess with IOS files. If that were the case, one could just uninstall IOS249, install Netflix without the error, and then reinstall IOS249. If one were to do this however, I highly doubt the error would go away.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You want to delete the Netflix Channel title. I think I usually use the title deleter bundled with Multi-Mod Manager. Alternatively, the same goal can be accomplished just by uninstalling a Netflix Channel WAD, which will delete the title. Merely deleting the channel in Data Management will not delete the title.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In WAD Manager I get this

Deleting tickets... ERROR (ret = -4353
Deleting title contents... OK!
Deleting title... OK!

EDIT: OK ignore that. Lacaius, your advice of installing a WAD and uninstalling it worked. Thanks a lot :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SMG4 @ SMG4: hi