Importing Mortal Kombat to Australia is illegal.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
yeah it's labors fault look how fucked up the country is now because of that c$$$ howard and the liberals look what a good job they did. food, gass, electricity, water and pretty much EVERYTHING now is doubling cos of him and his fucked up GST!!

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
YayMii said:
This totally reminds me of the retarded failure of parenting by Fox News.
FOX News said:
Guest speaker: It's the responsibility for the parents to control what their kids can and can't play.
News anchor: Yes, unfortunately.
Are they trying to encourage this?
Personally I think your rating system in America is a complete fail. What's the point if it doesn't have any penalties behind selling to people underage?

Anyway, as for this. This is rubbish. I don't know why Australia abolished the 18+ rating but it just seems stupid to me. It means games like this aren't released because they get a rating denied stamped on them (not good for 15 year olds? BAN!)
This is ridiculous and will NEVER work though. No way are Customs going to open every single box of DVDs/Games that come into Australia.

Saken

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Who needs games anyway? We're in Australia, let's get back on our kangaroos and keep riding forward...
said Julia Gillard

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Saken said:
Who needs games anyway? We're in Australia, let's get back on our kangaroos and keep riding forward...
said Julia Gillard
haha, that made me crack a wide smile
smile.gif

Fluto

A potato in disguise
Trophies
XP
Country
mercluke said:
Saken said:
said Julia Gillard
smile.gif

Hey what the hell
you just said this isnt a time for laughing O.O
or smiling in this case.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jamstruth said:
Personally I think your rating system in America is a complete fail. What's the point if it doesn't have any penalties behind selling to people underage?
Do not know how true that is, but at least we have Mortal Kombat. All gamers shouldn't be punish for underage selling.

And think for the most part, sellers actually listen to the rating.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
mezut360 said:
mercluke said:
Saken said:
said Julia Gillard
smile.gif

Hey what the hell
you just said this isnt a time for laughing O.O
or smiling in this case.
i was refering to you joking about the deaths of thousands of people, not somebody joking about a saying our prime minister likes to overuse

can we get back on topic?

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
zeromac said:
So in lame-mans terms, Mortal Kombat is locked out of Australia
yeap, can't legally buy it here, can't buy it elsewhere (where it's legal) and import it... will this be the plotline of the next underbelly series...?

also, "lame-mans"?
rofl.gif

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wait, is this the first title ever to have this kind of restriction in Australia? Like, is Mortal Kombat specifically the only game that you will be fined for importing? Sorry if this is in one of the articles, just want to clarify.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
nutella said:
Wait, is this the first title ever to have this kind of restriction in Australia? Like, is Mortal Kombat specifically the only game that you will be fined for importing? Sorry if this is in one of the articles, just want to clarify.
don't quote me on it but i believe so...

other games that have had similar problems with age ratings have opted to just give in and censor the game (left 4 dead 2 for example) rather than be banned from marketing their game in australia

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mercluke said:
nutella said:
don't quote me on it but i believe so...

other games that have had similar problems with age ratings have opted to just give in and censor the game (left 4 dead 2 for example) rather than be banned from marketing their game in australia
Okay, I'll just take your word for the time being. TBH, I'll wait until this law actually gets enforced before I pass judgment. As usual, this seems like another scare tactic. Like, if I go over to the states, I doubt anyone's going to stop me from bringing Mortal Kombat over here even if they do see I have the game. As if customs are going to have Mortal Kombat on their mind when they check through your bags. But, even though they're just using scare tactics, it's still pretty messed up.

Fluto

A potato in disguise
Trophies
XP
Country
dude when i want a game I WANT IT !!!
since when has Mortal Combat been bad...... well

they'll probably make identification laws .... like alcohol or cigarettes

Offtopic : Nutella i love your sig!!

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
>Implying I haven't seen game stores sell games like CoD and GTA to 5yo kids

This is ridiculous. They obviously haven't heard of the Streisand effect, or reverse psychology for that matter.

I never wanted this, but now they've banned it...

ME WANT!!!!!!!

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
mercluke said:
zeromac said:
So in lame-mans terms, Mortal Kombat is locked out of Australia
yeap, can't legally buy it here, can't buy it elsewhere (where it's legal) and import it... will this be the plotline of the next underbelly series...?

also, "lame-mans"?
rofl.gif

just have to pirate it than what can they do once it's on the console
smileipb2.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)