Hacking IMPORTANT TO ANYONE CONSIDERING BUYING A NEW FLASHCARD SINCE IT WON&#3

Squirps

Official Squirps of GBATemp.net™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, this topic was created by me to inform all of you guys who are wanting to buy a new flashcard because it is blocked by DSi system menu 1.4. Well, I have actually discovered a way to make your flashcard work on fw 1.4. It is very simple, really. This method will really help people whose card does not a fix yet and you really want fw 1.4 AND you want to be able to play games/homebrew with your flashcard. This will also help people who don't want to buy a new flashcard that works on dsi 1.4. What you need to do is to first buy an Action Replay DSi Max, about $20 USD. Plug in your flashcard into the AR DSi, plug the AR in the DSi and turn your DSi on. The system menu should show the AR card as a Game & Watch game, though I forget what its called... Anyways, go to the codes section and say create a new code file. Name it whatever you want, it does not matter. Then boot up the "game" with that empty code file and say yes when it asks you if you want to boot it with the code file. Finally, presto, it boots up your flashcard, even it does not have 1.4 support! The only catch is that you need $20 and the update for your AR DSi Max should work with the system menu version you have on your DSi. This technique really works---I tested it myself with my friend's AR DSi Max, his DSi with fw 1.4, and my R4i-SDHC (the one that does not have DSi 1.4 support). I assume this works for any flashcard, but I confirm it works for an R4i-SDHC red kind (old kind, without1.4 support) from www.r4i-sdhc.com. One part about this that really sucks for me is that I discovered this 2 hours after I ordered an M3i Zero, since I had no more patience for waiting for an update for my old card (after two whole stinking months!!!).

Anyways, I really hope this helps people! Thanks for reading this WAY too long post!

Squirps

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh sorry about caps....but anyways, some of the "updates" require you to buy a new flashcard like r4i gold and r4i-sdhc, so the old cards don't work...and yes this actually works!!

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
would be sweet if this method could work for cyclo
biggrin.gif

Squirps

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you know, i never really tested if this method also lets ds flashcards wok on dsi.....i can't test it because i only have a r4i-sdhc and m3i zero unfortunately, but if someone does test it, please post results in this topic!!!

Squirps

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you know, i already know real flashcards are better than clones, but i made this topic to inform people who have flashcard clones made by cheapskate companies that there is a way to save themselves----and also, if AR DSi Max gets an update before any flashcard makes one, people can use the AR boot method for their flashcard----i mean, seriously, even ak2i has not even come out with an official update and m3i0 took forever---like a whole month!!! another thing----m3i0 costs $21 on dealextreme.com and there is a long shipping wait for like 2 weeks....whereas you could go to a walmart and buy an AR DSi Max there or get it off amazon and get it in 2 days...now you can't get any flashcards on amazon because nintendo made an annonucement that companies who sell warez stuff will not be allowed to sell any other official nintendo products------there are like tons of ways this method can help you!!!

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
aguyyyy said:
you know, i already know real flashcards are better than clones, but i made this topic to inform people who have flashcard clones made by cheapskate companies that there is a way to save themselves----and also, if AR DSi Max gets an update before any flashcard makes one, people can use the AR boot method for their flashcard----i mean, seriously, even ak2i has not even come out with an official update and m3i0 took forever---like a whole month!!! another thing----m3i0 costs $21 on dealextreme.com and there is a long shipping wait for like 2 weeks....whereas you could go to a walmart and buy an AR DSi Max there or get it off amazon and get it in 2 days...now you can't get any flashcards on amazon because nintendo made an annonucement that companies who sell warez stuff will not be allowed to sell any other official nintendo products------there are like tons of ways this method can help you!!!
Well they should save themselves by buying something as cheap as an Ak2i, it doesn't really matter about that it will take around 2 weeks but about quality. It's a nifty trick though it's more useful to just get something that isn't a bad clone rather than this.

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, if the only way to make the R4i work with DSi 1.4 is to spend 20 bucks on Action Replay, it would be a wiser choice to buy a much better flash cart...

I was gonna say this method will be useful for people who are stuck with the R4i, but since an online purchase is required, they can just go buy a new flash cart.

Jotokun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, wouldn't this be helpful even for the carts that support 1.4? Lets say you have an updated system, an AK2i, and the AK does not have the 1.4 patch. You could probably use the AR to boot the AK, and then run the 1.4 update, removing the need for a ds phat/lite.

Squirps

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if anyone has a DS (not DSi) flashcard, a DSi, and a AR DSi Max, would they please test if the AR boot lets the DS flashcard work on a DSi, since i don't have any DS flashcards (or a DS...just a DSi...)? thanks

bach3609

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok to sum it up, this is what he is trying to say.

First you will need:
  • 1.action relay DSI
    2.A DSI with 1.4
    3. a non upgradable flash card
Okay, to make this flashcard work on the DSI v1.4 you will need to plug the flashcard into the Action replay DSI. After that, boot it up, and go to the codes area. Create a blank AR code, and boot the flashcard with the blank code. Wahlaa! It will boot your flashcard.

how this works: Basically it will create a bypass for the flashcard to run on, basically since the Action replay masks the flashcard from being seen by the DSI. Then when you boot a blank code for the flashcard, the action replay will read the flashcard and boot it. The DSI still does not see the flashcard because it still thinks the "game" being booted is "action replay DSI".

Squirps

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bach3609 said:
Ok to sum it up, this is what he is trying to say.

First you will need:
  • 1.action relay DSI
    2.A DSI with 1.4
    3. a non upgradable flash card
Okay, to make this flashcard work on the DSI v1.4 you will need to plug the flashcard into the Action replay DSI. After that, boot it up, and go to the codes area. Create a blank AR code, and boot the flashcard with the blank code. Wahlaa! It will boot your flashcard.

how this works: Basically it will create a bypass for the flashcard to run on, basically since the Action replay masks the flashcard from being seen by the DSI. Then when you boot a blank code for the flashcard, the action replay will read the flashcard and boot it. The DSI still does not see the flashcard because it still thinks the "game" being booted is "action replay DSI".

thats a much easier way to say this, thanks! also, i have found out from my friend (who said he tested it) that the AR Boot method will boot any normal DS flashcard, like CycloDS, on a DSi, so this method is actually useful to people with DS flashcards. The AR DSi Max released 15 October 2009, but it was in stores before this release date, if anyone was wondering how we got the AR DSi. So....have fun peoples!!!
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?