Hacking I'm stuck :-(

petedlc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
hello.. first post here, as I'm mostly a reader and don't have much to contribute...

I bought a wii about 1 year ago and softmodded it. I don't know anything about this so I remember it took me various days of research to finally get it. (it didn't work with the first tutorials..). I played the wii only for a few months (my wife mostly, as I'm not a gamer), but now I want to sell the wii and restore it to factory settings...

I have my nand backup from that time and tried. but this error came up:

"Bootmii not found, too dangerous to continue! If yout SD is corrupt or restore is interupted, you will be unable to boot to fix it. If you are sure you want to do this, KONAMI. otherwise, press z to give up"

pressing any button will say "Try harder Hashimoto-san!"

I went searching on the net for a solution, installed priiloader, tried to install bootmii as boot2 (I have it installed as IOS which seems to be a problem) but when installing (the hackmii installer v0.8.) it says I can't install as boot2 (the boot1 prevents this or something like that)

when I turn on the wii and hold the reset button it gets to the white screen which says priiloader at the buttom (so I guess this is the priiloader) but as far as I understand, the bootmii is still as IOS.

now I really don't know anymore what to do!!! can anybody help me out?
thanks..

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's not possible to fully remove softmod, just as information. There are programs to clean up nand but I forgot name...

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Okay...you simply have a wii that can only install bootmii as IOS. While it should be possible to restore bootmii nands, it's ill-advised, so the warnings are pretty normal. "KONAMI" most likely refers to the konami code, but I haven't tried it so I'm not sure.

What I can tell you is that simply restoring the old nand won't properly fix things. After all, when you made that nand, you already had bootmii installed (-> it is included). To properly restore, you need to do what is usually called "revirginize" things. I honestly only trust this guide to properly do that.

An alternative is to use ohneswanzenegger (or a name like that). That should be able to truly put back things to normal settings in such a way even nintendo isn't capable of finding that it had homebrew. But I can't provide step-by-step info, I'm afraid.

petedlc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Okay...you simply have a wii that can only install bootmii as IOS. While it should be possible to restore bootmii nands, it's ill-advised, so the warnings are pretty normal. "KONAMI" most likely refers to the konami code, but I haven't tried it so I'm not sure.

What I can tell you is that simply restoring the old nand won't properly fix things. After all, when you made that nand, you already had bootmii installed (-> it is included). To properly restore, you need to do what is usually called "revirginize" things. I honestly only trust this guide to properly do that.

An alternative is to use ohneswanzenegger (or a name like that). That should be able to truly put back things to normal settings in such a way even nintendo isn't capable of finding that it had homebrew. But I can't provide step-by-step info, I'm afraid.

thanks.. I am trying to do this, but I can't get the ios36 installed. I tried 2 ways, fakesign restorer and ios236 installer, but the wii always crashes at some point.
actually I don't know if I have the ios36 already installed..

I guess I can't start virginising without the ios36?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You certainly have "a" IOS36 installed. It comes with all wii's, retail games need them and it doesn't hinder homebrew, so it's certainly there. The thing the guide is refering to is that an OLD version is needed. Did you manage to download the required wads? Where did the crash occur?

Either way...you may want to download and run syscheck. That'll give an overview of your IOS'es, cIOS'es and things like that. If you copy-paste the generated csv file here, we'll be able to tell whether your IOS36 is patched or not.

PS: I may be helping you right now, but I'm NOT taking responsability for your wii. I have never virginized a wii of myself, so this is mostly theoretical for me. I hope it'll work out, but it's not my wii...

petedlc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You certainly have "a" IOS36 installed. It comes with all wii's, retail games need them and it doesn't hinder homebrew, so it's certainly there. The thing the guide is refering to is that an OLD version is needed. Did you manage to download the required wads? Where did the crash occur?

Either way...you may want to download and run syscheck. That'll give an overview of your IOS'es, cIOS'es and things like that. If you copy-paste the generated csv file here, we'll be able to tell whether your IOS36 is patched or not.

PS: I may be helping you right now, but I'm NOT taking responsability for your wii. I have never virginized a wii of myself, so this is mostly theoretical for me. I hope it'll work out, but it's not my wii...

I got the ios 36 finally installed! and thanks for the link (the one you turst..)

after a few hours my wii is baby new with 4.3 installed and wii memory erased. if the buyer doesn't want to hack it (I understand it is not very easy with 4.3), he'll be very happy with it :-)

thanks again man, I almost gave up on it.. and of course you're not responsible for my wii.. but now you are responsible for it being brand new :-)

cheers,
Peter

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work