Hacking Question I'm on 3.0.2 and ordered a SX Pro

22jk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm currently on 3.0.2 and pre ordered the SX Pro. Everything I have seen have been people talking about 4.1 and 5.1 so I don't know what to do. Should I update to 5.1 or stay where I am?

NeoSlyde

Let us start the game
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So I'm currently on 3.0.2 and pre ordered the SX Pro. Everything I have seen have been people talking about 4.1 and 5.1 so I don't know what to do. Should I update to 5.1 or stay where I am?
Well I’ll recommend you to wait for feedbacks about banning etc..
If it’s safe update and enjoy updated games

Bitchplease

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
you should decide for yourself, many will tell you to wait, some will tell you to update for the games.

team atmosphere vs sx

Hondyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Lets get it straight , you will play backups, lots of games requires fw 4.1 such as mario if i m not mistaken. The only firmwares that will have warmboot from the start ( which will be your only advantage to staying on lower fws) will be those between 1 to 3.0 . The only thing you will have to do and only SOMETIMES is you ll have to use the jig to boot cfw. I said sometimes cuz the sleep mode is working and will be working normally so all you will have to do is not letting the battery die playing too much. Just keep it alive and you ll be good to go. So I think the benefits for updating is huge. On top of that you can use a fat32 card for your backups but, what a pain...
Having to split files apart, files all over the card, that will surely be messy. And IF you want exfat without updating your console, you can get it, its simple, you just have to cast a BLACK MAGIC on it and hope that you dont get banned. Anyways, i was on 4.1 for a long time, till i got things on the table and then it was clear as water for me, update.

Last edited by Hondyn,
Reactions: 22jk

bomigoton

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you need you can update safely to 5.1. If you dont need to update, stay where you are. By the end of the week/month we should know more.
I am currently waiting on 3.0.2 as I currently dont need to update.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Lets get it straight , you will play backups, lots pf games requires fw 4.1 such as mario if i m not mistaken. The only firmwares that will have warmboot from the start ( which will be your only advantage to staying on lower fws) will be those between 1 yo 3.0 . The only thing you will have to do and only SOMETIMES is you ll have to use the jig to boot the cfw. I said sometimes cuz the sleep mode is working and will be working normally so all you will have to do is not letting the battery die playing too much. Just keep it alive and you ll be good to go. So I think the benefits for updating is huge. On top of that you can use a fat32 card for your backups but, what a pain... Y
Having to split files apart, files all over the card, that will be messy. And IF you want exfat without updating your console, you can get it, its simple, you just have to cast a black magic on your card and hope that you dont get banned. Anyways, i was on 4.1 for a long time, till i got things on the table and then it was clear as water for me, update.
Surely you mean coldboot.

Reactions: Hondyn

22jk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you everyone I will wait on 3.0.2 till the end of the week and see if there is any news.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Surely you mean coldboot.

Let me fix this lol
No Hondyn had it right at first. There are unreleased warmboot softmods that work up to 4.1. There are no other coldboot methods outside of Fusee Gelee. The below is a source for no coldboots in the works although it is possible up to 3.0.2

cVuMVe0.png

I intend to be fully transparent about this shit, especially going forwards. At present, I'm not aware of any non-RCM means of getting code execution from coldboot. To the best of my knowledge, nobody else is, either.
The following is a sample of the warmboot that works up to 4.1

Reactions: Hondyn

vstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No Hondyn had it right at first. There are unreleased warmboot softmods that work up to 4.1. There are no other coldboot methods outside of Fusee Gelee. The below is a source for no coldboots in the works although it is possible up to 3.0.2

The following is a sample of the warmboot that works up to 4.1
https://twitter.com/SciresM/status/964619151913336833

Not saying this is wrong, but that's 4 month ago.
4 month ago, I never thought I can get "backup games" around June.:lol:

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not saying this is wrong, but that's 4 month ago.
4 month ago, I never thought I can get "backup games" around June.:lol:
No one has stated that there will be more coldboot exploits released outside of Fusee Gelee. Also, I think I will trust the guy who came up with the coldboot exploit for the 3DS as well as our current WIP CFW, Atmosphere, over people who have not shown a similar level of hacking skill.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone only has 13% battery so i don't have much time left
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Now 12%
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday, btw
    Time is running out for your phone!
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    https://youtu.be/JmSqorj-EC0?si=vYqR8D7FZeO4N-TH
    At 1 AM, this video is the funniest thing in the world
    +1
    AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird: https://youtu.be/JmSqorj-EC0?si=vYqR8D7FZeO4N-TH At 1 AM, this video is the funniest thing in... +1