ROM Hack I'm making a FFIV translation patch...

Carisear

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WOW, thanks for the AWESOME and FAST releases.

One more minor bug -- using the cure staff, the msg says "H E E L" instead of 'heal'

minor, i know
tongue.gif

thanks again!

metroplex2k7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone noticed that the bosses in this are like 5 times harder than our versions? It took me 8 tries to Barely beat the DarkElf. Wonder if the us version will be that hard?

Anyhoo, good job on the patch guys! Do you have an estimate on the description patch?

BelmontSlayer

Pokémon Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Anyone noticed that the bosses in this are like 5 times harder than our versions? It took me 8 tries to Barely beat the DarkElf. Wonder if the us version will be that hard?

Indeed. I really hope they keep the difficulty the same for the US release. The last thing we need is another FF "easy type" release...

Anyhoo, good job on the patch guys! Do you have an estimate on the description patch?

Nope. Work has slowed down now that the holidays are over. I'd guess at least 1-2 weeks before the next patch is released.

bragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To the translation team: I don’t want to bother you too much. You sure need rest after all that good work. But could you tell me in what file(s) the characters and places names are stored if you found them? I searched through the .msd files with BabelPad without success. What editor do you use? I really would like the names to appear in English in the game. Thank you again for this phenomenal work!

Raganook

Raganook
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anyone noticed that the bosses in this are like 5 times harder than our versions? It took me 8 tries to Barely beat the DarkElf. Wonder if the us version will be that hard?

Indeed. I really hope they keep the difficulty the same for the US release. The last thing we need is another FF "easy type" release...

Anyhoo, good job on the patch guys! Do you have an estimate on the description patch?

Nope. Work has slowed down now that the holidays are over. I'd guess at least 1-2 weeks before the next patch is released.

I can only go on so many translating crusades
tongue.gif

However, I think 1-2 weeks may be a bit of an over estimate
smile.gif

Disposition96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This doesn't apply anymore, I had forgot to update the firmware on my R4... Sorry about that...

Code:
Hey all, quick question... 

I ordered this game in Japanese thinking I could beat it but I can't seem to figure out the new additives like "Decant Ability System" ect.

So I have the ROM and English patch until it comes to America... Now my question is this...

When I double click xdelta.bat with just FF IV and the Patch extractions than load it to my R4, I get a white screen when trying to load it... Â The whole game is there (131.1Mb) so I don't know what the problem is...

Why is this?

Regards,

Reason for edit - Grammatical errors.
Reason for second edit - I found the problem..

BelmontSlayer

Pokémon Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Alright fanboys and fangirls. Time to bust out your mini-raganook idols and start worshipping. The translating whiz has been working for the past 3 days straight! ...and he told me he was taking a break!

Anyways, expect version 1.0 to be released within the next few days...

Disposition96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BelmontSlayer & Team,

I would like to thank you for all the work you guys have been doing, my main question is do you think that the team will have most of the game translated before the actual English release?

Regards,

Disposition96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BelmontSlayer,

Ah ok, so you won't be translating the actual in game text, (Like when the king tells you to go to the Village of Mist ect) it's all good. I know the game up down left and right for the most part anyways.
tongue.gif
Just don't know anything about the new content.

I don't like how Cecil can no longer wear a bow or staff...

Regards,

spyckotic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble patching the file. When trying to run the xdelta.bat it just flashes really quickly and it creates a 0byte file called patched.nds. Can someone help me. Thanks in advance, and keep up the excellent work guys!

your probably using a trimmed rom, use an original dump.

looking forward for 1.0, you guys rock!!

mattias800

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome! I didn't read through the entire thread, but are you guys inserting the original script? If you start doing that I'll start playing your version
smile.gif
The voices don't need to be replaced, there are subs, right?

DentInYourHead

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome! I didn't read through the entire thread, but are you guys inserting the original script? If you start doing that I'll start playing your version
smile.gif
The voices don't need to be replaced, there are subs, right?

You should have read through the thread, because they have made it abundantly clear that they are not going to translate the story. :-/

bragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BelmontSlayer

I guess my previous post passed unnoticed. Could you answer it please?

QUOTE said:
To the translation team: I don’t want to bother you too much. You sure need rest after all that good work. But could you tell me in what file(s) the characters and places names are stored if you found them? I searched through the .msd files with BabelPad without success. What editor do you use? I really would like the names to appear in English in the game. Thank you again for this phenomenal work!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo