Hacking If you are gonna update EmuNAND to 6.3, Too late!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I downloaded the update from realNAND, I assumed it was stored on the SD card... unless its stored on the system memory.

Stored on the NAND, but seriously, it's harmless unless you are the kind of person who lends his consoles.

Why don't you try to update form System Update with wifi once again?

Reactions: youra6

youra6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stored on the NAND, but seriously, it's harmless unless you are the kind of person who lends his consoles.

Why don't you try to update form System Update with wifi once again?

Yeah, ill give it shot. Thanks again man; I appreciate your help!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This is why I recommended to change the language on the sysNAND and keep the original on emuNAND, this is the most effective NAND differentiator you could ever have, but one of the mods removed this from the OP...
I added it back as optional step. I thought moving the Icons would be enough to differentiate the NANDs without messing with system languages, but if users need a foreign language, why not.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I added it back as optional step. I thought moving the Icons would be enough to differentiate the NANDs without messing with system languages, but if users need a foreign language, why not.

Setting icons in different places only helps to differentiate NANDs on Home Menu; in System Settings is useless, and since the GW3D letters can't be seen after entering in Other Settings, different languages set between NANDs can help here.

Hmm, I was able to update to GW 6.3 successfully, but the eShop would not have been updated correct?

What? I don't understand what you mean, you mean if the eShop maintenance is over or you are trying to say that you updated via game cartridge?

Reactions: tyons

youra6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What? I don't understand what you mean, you mean if the eShop maintenance is over or you are trying to say that you updated via game cartridge?

Nah, I was able to update via software update. Checked the firmware in GW mode... said 6.3

Although I'm getting: "an error has occurred" messages when I tried to get into GW mode again. RealNAND still says 4.5

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Is it too late for me to do this now?

No, 6.3 is still there.

Nah, I was able to update via software update. Checked the firmware in GW mode... said 6.3

Although I'm getting: "an error has occurred" messages when I tried to get into GW mode again. RealNAND still says 4.5

I recommend to back up your whole SD using Win32DiskImager in case something goes wrong.

If you can't enter to GW mode, load a DS game, it can be a ROM, whatever, and then reapply "GW's blue cart hack"/"DSi Profile hack".

Reactions: youra6 and tjexp

youra6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ran the Gateway Installer again from bluecard... Seems like I at least temporarily resolved the issue. I have been hitting roadblock possible lol.

quantumboy

Casual Hacker, Avid Dreamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this still require you to have a 3ds on v4.5 or can this now be done if your real firmware is on 6.3? And I assume you still need an actual gateway blue and/or red card?

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Does this still require you to have a 3ds on v4.5 or can this now be done if your real firmware is on 6.3? And I assume you still need an actual gateway blue and/or red card?

Updating is free for everyone. EmuNAND is only for people which consoles are still on 4.5 and want the latest firmware (6.3) without losing the privileges available on the older firmware.

youra6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Basically no, you cannot.

Aaaaaaaand...

Fml, Pokemon Y is not detected while in emuNAND 6.3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gay history is serious