Hacking If I were to update to 4.1...?

ayojoe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right now, I see no point in updating to System Menu 4.1 as I don't plan on owning Wii Sports Resort. Right Now I'm currently on 4.0 and it looks I stay there unless I get some answers on 4.1

All my info of what was done on my Wii is in my sig, if someone could please tell me what I would lose if I were to update to 4.1, that would help.

Basically I don't want to lose my System Menu patches from StartPatch 4.0.4 USA-MOD which are: Region Free Games, Region Free Channels/SD Menu, Remove Copy Flags on Game Saves, and Skip Disc Channel Updates.

Would I have to use StartPatch again to uninstall those, then update to 4.1 and use the StartPatch 4.1? What about my CIOS, trucha bugged IOS35 and IOS36, patched IOS60, and so on..?

oxMUDxo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to know the same stuff too.
My Wii is 4.0U I here Pre-Loader dose not work on 4.1 or the hacks don't work..

What dose work on a 4.1 Wii and what doesn't?

xDlmaoxD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updating using Waninkoko's 4.1 Updater is the simplest way to update to 4.1 with the truga bugs etc.
Updates everything but the patches Nintendo made to block HBC, or installing it and such.
I would suggest you unistall everything that relates with the System menu because if you update and you have it on it will
most likely brick that goes for preloader also.
Uninstall it and then when you are in 4.1 install it again i read a few threads about working 4.1 preloader codes
but I don't know if the old 4.0 preloader still works on 4.1
I don't really use anything aside from the basic stuff because using useless stuff just increases the bricking possibility even tho preloader is nice to have but complicated to uninstall sometimes.

xbman

Trophies
XP
Country
Hopefully this may help a bit. I went from 3.2U to 4.1U. Preloader .29 works just fine with 4.1 and there are hacks for it. From everything I read 4.1 really only has the fix for Wii Sports Resort. So if you are on 4.0 and don't plan on playing it, probably not needed. At the same time, I don't believe it causes any other issues, but would recommend wanin's updater if you decide to go that route.

The ultimate 4.0 upgrade guide (title still says 4.0 but it now reflects 4.1) works just fine. However if you did not have 4.0 previously installed, at least in my case, ios60 was never installed, thus the 4.1 upgraded failed with a -1036 (this can also relate to not enough free blocks). So the first thing I would recommend is installing that first, then follow the guide from the beginning.

I did run into a problam with system corrupt files when preloader used ios60, but I may have it sorted out now (basically removed all preloader hacks and created a new ini file with just the two hacks I am using, then went to HBC through bootmii, reinstalled iso60 with the sig hash check, rebooted (which WILL cause a system files corrupt if you had preloader previously installed), launched HBC again through bootmii, reinstalled preloader, enabled my hacks and seems to be fine now.

Of course, this should go without saying, before doing anything, make sure you have bootmii installed and create a nand dump. This way if something does go wrong, you can always revert back to your prior settings.

ayojoe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So all I have to do is remove my StartPatch patches, and reinstall them with the 4.1 installer if I do update? Well what did Nintendo include in 4.1? I thought it was harmless. Will it stop my trucha-patched IOS35/IOS36/IOS60 from working and ability to install WADs.

xDlmaoxD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ayojoe said:
So all I have to do is remove my StartPatch patches, and reinstall them with the 4.1 installer if I do update? Well what did Nintendo include in 4.1? I thought it was harmless. Will it stop my trucha-patched IOS35/IOS36/IOS60 from working and ability to install WADs.

If you use the nintendo official update it will probably will.
http://www.teknoconsolas.es/blog/waninkoko...ware-updater-41
Use that instead, but be warn that it can stop half way into installing or downloading.
Downloading is not a problem cause you can just restart it but if it stops half way installing and doesn't install the
System Menu you will have a brick.
Just unistall the startpatch etc and anything that requires the firmware you have.
I never used startpatch so you'll have to wait for someone to guide you on installing one that works on 4.1 unless the
one you have already does.
I have a limited understanding on such things I just use my wii to load games and nothing else.

btw, if you use waninkoko's 4.1 updater all your ios will still be trucha bugged.
They only get patched if you use a official nintendo update not a modified one like waninkokos.

ayojoe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't like using Waninkoko's updaters. Isn't 4.1 free of IOS installations, meaning nothing will happen to my current ones?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    13,600 MB/s though
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I got a 980 pro iirc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soldigms been pretty solid
    yeh 980 pro
    good enough tbf
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/gMNhZNI never heard about them but reviews are good
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Crucial SSDs work fine. I have one installed in my Xbox.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reviews seem positive.
    I believe I had some Patriot RAM running in a computer somewhere
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $250 is pretty solid considering
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With the refund it'll be about $150
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    6tb nvme pc ftw
    500 GB NVMe, 750 GB
    SATA SSD 1 TB HDD
    honestly I don't play pc games
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Once I buy this I'll be around 20tb worth of storage tho if we're talking all my drives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All this crap I got and all I do is pick up the GabeDick to fiddle with his happy stick
    idk the total storage cap I have
    50 TB orso
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I don't play PC games often. Mostly its all 90s-00s games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hm doing research quite possible my issue with this drive is bios related not detecting it fully
    run crystaldisk?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't think it would do much if gnome live even sees it as 2mb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vmd issue possibly
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Vmd issue possibly