CJL18

OP
Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States
the better it will play? Well it's the opposite for me i burned force unleashed at 4x on a sony dvd and it wouldnt get passed the title screeen before i got a disk read error. so i burn at 16x this time and it plays pefect. Same with my other games i dont get disk read errors anymore if i burn at 16x. NAyone else like this?

sonicstorm

Gamertag: Calogero91 add me.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I find i get alot of problems buring at anything higher than 4x, I burn all my games at 1x with ImgBurn and they work perfectly.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It has been proved a lot of times that FASTER is BETTER. Just search around these forums and you'll find a lot of proof-topics with ImgBurn graphs.

kai445

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CJL18 said:
the better it will play? Well it's the opposite for me i burned force unleashed at 4x on a sony dvd and it wouldnt get passed the title screeen before i got a disk read error. so i burn at 16x this time and it plays pefect. Same with my other games i dont get disk read errors anymore if i burn at 16x. NAyone else like this?
(QFT)

Drives are calibrated at higher speeds for write quality these days, so the burn-slowly-for-quality school of thought has been dead for awhile.

I burn my 8x DVD media at 8x. I use a good (LiteOn) drive with good (Taiyo Yuden) media, so no problems.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I burn everything at the full speed of my burner (8x) on Taiyo Yuden media. I haven't had a DRE on one of my burnt games for probably over a year. Until today when I used my original media Twilight Princess for a twilight hack install and got a DRE on my original disk. Go figure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.