PS1/2 Modded Ps2 doesn't read burned games

Nikdo1912

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, I recently bought a SCPH-50004 PS2 with a matrix modchip. This is my first ever experience with burning any games tho, idk if I'm doing something wrong or if the laser might just be trash, since I didn't have any way of testing it since I don't own any real PS2 games.

What I did was to download a PS2 game ISO and then burn it onto a x16 speed DVD-R at x8 speed using ImgBurn, now when I put the disc in the console I can hear a couple clicks and after some time the clicks will stop, after some more time the console shows a disc reading error.

anything im doing wrong or what is it?

grateful for any help I might get
cheers

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I recently bought a SCPH-50004 PS2 with a matrix modchip. This is my first ever experience with burning any games tho, idk if I'm doing something wrong or if the laser might just be trash, since I didn't have any way of testing it since I don't own any real PS2 games.

What I did was to download a PS2 game ISO and then burn it onto a x16 speed DVD-R at x8 speed using ImgBurn, now when I put the disc in the console I can hear a couple clicks and after some time the clicks will stop, after some more time the console shows a disc reading error.

anything im doing wrong or what is it?

grateful for any help I might get
cheers
What branded DVD media are you using? If its not the media's fault then either its the burner, the PS2 laser or the chip not functioning correctly.

Nikdo1912

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What branded DVD media are you using? If its not the media's fault then either its the burner, the PS2 laser or the chip not functioning correct
Im using TDK DVD-Rs. The Burner model is GSA-H60N. Tbh idek if the Isos are working as they should, I can try them on an amulator tho. I sadly dont have any way to test the laser, maybe ill find some games on Ebay to test it with

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Im using TDK DVD-Rs. The Burner model is GSA-H60N. Tbh idek if the Isos are working as they should, I can try them on an amulator tho. I sadly dont have any way to test the laser, maybe ill find some games on Ebay to test it with
Yeah, definitely try an original game first. If the game doesn't work then the laser is the culprit.

Nikdo1912

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah, definitely try an original game first. If the game doesn't work then the laser is the culprit.
If it is the laser, do u know any websites where I can buy one that will last a while? I dont wanna buy on Ebay since its full of dropshippers

alex3107

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, I'm a rookie here, I have the same issue with both two 39004 units, the motherboards I have in question are a GH-022-31 with a Crystal v1.0 modchip and a GH-022-61 without modchip and might have this particular issue too, just through disc drive with mechanical trouble

Last edited by alex3107,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto