i thought the slower you burn a wii game

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by CJL18, Sep 14, 2008.

1. CJL18
    OP

CJL18 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 4, 2007
    United States
    the better it will play? Well it's the opposite for me i burned force unleashed at 4x on a sony dvd and it wouldnt get passed the title screeen before i got a disk read error. so i burn at 16x this time and it plays pefect. Same with my other games i dont get disk read errors anymore if i burn at 16x. NAyone else like this?

2. Calogero91

Calogero91 Gamertag: Calogero91 add me.

Dec 8, 2002
    Canada
    I find i get alot of problems buring at anything higher than 4x, I burn all my games at 1x with ImgBurn and they work perfectly.

3. raulpica

raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Supervisor
    Oct 23, 2007
    Italy
    PowerLevel: 9001
    It has been proved a lot of times that FASTER is BETTER. Just search around these forums and you'll find a lot of proof-topics with ImgBurn graphs.

4. kai445

kai445 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 16, 2006
    United States
    (QFT)

Drives are calibrated at higher speeds for write quality these days, so the burn-slowly-for-quality school of thought has been dead for awhile.

I burn my 8x DVD media at 8x. I use a good (LiteOn) drive with good (Taiyo Yuden) media, so no problems.

5. Hooya

Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 25, 2006
    United States
    Central Illinois
    I burn everything at the full speed of my burner (8x) on Taiyo Yuden media. I haven't had a DRE on one of my burnt games for probably over a year. Until today when I used my original media Twilight Princess for a twilight hack install and got a DRE on my original disk. Go figure.