Hacking I think my ds fire card is a defect....

Bullettactics

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
usually when you start the fire card you would see a 2 options. usb mode and menu except it doesnt show that and it skips to the ds organizer screen but shows nothing. i tried a quick reformat. still doesnt work. i ended up doing a full reformat and lost the xmenu.dat file.bah. manually enabling usb mode L+R+A+B+UP doesnt work and shows "USB SAFE BLOCK D12(ADDR5) error in red letters. the computer doesnt recognize it as a seperate drive no matter what.if i cant access it by USB how am i suppose to fix it?

Porkdish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
manually enabling usb mode L+R+A+B+UP doesnt work and shows "USB SAFE BLOCK D12(ADDR5) error in red letters. the computer doesnt recognize it as a seperate drive

That is update firmware mode. The pc will not mount the drive in this mode. if you have a slot 2 writer inserted, and have it hooked to a *direct* usb port (no hub) on a windows operating system pc you may then run from anywhere on that pc, the firmware update (bat file method). Then format with key combo like you did before (don't disconnect) and after, it will mount if its able.

If you have a separate writer such as that which comes with the f-card, I can't help you as I don't have one.

paul1991

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you read my guide?
It may help.
http://www.zshare.net/download/4181719a4290b7/

You need to do this:
Insert your GBA writer and DS card.\
Connect the USB cable to the computer. LEAVE YOUR DS AT THIS POINT.
Power on your card while Holding down the button combo that formats your card.
You should have a windows explorer pop up. You can now copy your files over!

Bullettactics

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the help but the main problem was not being able to the screen that enables usb mode.it would just not show up.after many tries in fixing it i had given up on it thinking its a defect.i tried once more to fix it.i loaded the fire card and the screen where it shows usb mode FINALLY SHOWS UP
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
since it finally worked i was able to transfer the files to make it work.what i did that made it work was strange.if i remember right i did a quick reformat.turned off the ds.i took the ds fire card out leaving the gba card in.turned on the ds.turned off again.then putting back the ds fire cart.

originaljohn

Trophies
XP
Country
I have the same problem with mine. I thought I was doing something wrong cuz i've never had one of these before. It s very frustrating but i think i'll send mine back too.

Rooster Man

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I read that I should hold UP button then press L+R+B+A to enter the "upgrade mode" : message in red USB SAFE BLOCK D14 (ADDR5) and then LAUNCH from the PC "NAND_ALL.bat" file proposed in the folder then start again the DS.

However I can't get past the message in red USB SAFE BLOCK D14 (ADDR5).

My PC does not recognize my NDS, so I'm no sure how I am meant to launch NAND_ALL.bat.

I have a second identical card which works. I tried to copy the files across whilst in USB Mode, and when restarting the faulty card I get Need udisk version 1.45!

Any help would be appreciated. . .

SkyintheSea

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"However I can't get past the message in red USB SAFE BLOCK D14 (ADDR5)."

That message is suppose to show up lol. When it shows up and you connected your ds to your cpu. Run the Nand_all.bat. It upgrades the firmware of the card. Once it's done close it and reset your DS you should be able to run it.

"I have a second identical card which works. I tried to copy the files across whilst in USB Mode, and when restarting the faulty card I get Need udisk version 1.45!"

Make sure you didn't delete xmenu.dat file in your ds fire card. If it still shows up with that problem reformat it and re upgrade it.

Rooster Man

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sorry. What I meant to say is that when I get "USB SAFE BLOCK D14 (ADDR5)" and my NDS is connected to the PC, my PC does not recognise the NDS. At this point I am unable to run Nand_all.bat as my PC does not recognise the NDS.

RhiGhost

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I seem to be having the same problem with a friends DS Fire card. When the card was first put into the DS it went straight into the card menu.
It did not start up with the USB Mode or Menu option. Therefore it is impossible to send any roms or files to the card at all. I can't update
firmware. It does not come up as a drive on the PC at all and I have tried 4 different PC's, with Vista and XP. The problem seems to be the GBA slot card,
because I have another N-Card clone (K6 card) and I used that GBA card with the Fire card pass card and it worked fine.
Does anyone know anyway to get the card to go to a USB mode, even if it is manually, because without that mode I can't do anything!
I've reformatted the card, I have done everything that has been said above, I think I have tried everything besides sending it back.
Any help is appreciated!
hate2.gif

yrrah80

Trophies
XP
Country
have you tried formating the card (hol start and select when starting card) the try again

i am also having a diferent problem, when i bought the card i didnt read the manual(i know i should have blah ......) and i lost the manual now and when i try load the card it dosent load just keep saying list file, then when i try and link it to the computer it sometimes dosent register that the fire card is conected but that probs just usb slot cause it sometimes works, and when i try and open it says need to format card so i try and format on computer dosent work, try on the ds freezes when i get to format menu i will try that update thing now, some help would be much apriciated as when i put on yahoo answers all i got told to do was return it (lazy goodfornothins)
thanks
unsure.gif

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Let me repeat what one poster has already said....When the N-Card is put into upgrade mode..YOUR PC WILL NOT RECOGNIZE IT. THAT IS NORMAL.

Run the dam update bat file and it should update it. Afterwords format it using the button combination you should already be aware of (DO NOT use the PC to format it!). Then restart the DS and the menu to put it in USB mode should appear. After that you can then proceed to put your files on it.

Upgrade mode is NOT the same as USB mode! Remember that! Also make sure you got a USB cable connected to both your DS and your PC BEFORE you put it in upgrade mode or BEFORE you put it in USB mode....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1