I need help with a Wii Sports Club translation problem

skyraver58

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
I am requesting help on here since here is kinda my last chance.

What I'm trying to do is translate Wii Sports Club to another language by changing the files.

What I've done is, first, judging by the ".z" suffix at the end of every msbt file, I uncompressed them using Karameru with the ZLib compression method. It seemed to work well, I could read the files using Kuriimu. Now I got into translating it, and when I was done I re-compressed the files, again with Karameru. Then, I was going to make a SDCafiine patch that was usable on Tiramisu & Aroma. I made the patch files and when I used the patch, the console hit me with the error 150-3033 (3033 happens when the game is on the HDD, and 3032 happens when the game is on the system NAND). When I get this error while the game is on the HDD, it just tells me that the HDD is most likely not getting enough power, but well, other games don't have a problem with it. When I get the game on the system NAND, it just tells me to eject the disk, which is completely unreleated to the game.

I can get past the SDCafiine screen and Aroma's region-free plugin screen but then the error pops up:

2023-01-26.gif

(Although my console shows up as 5.5.5E, it's a Japanese unit. The other two patches are leftovers from Tiramisu patches)

I'd appreciate some help and I will continue investigating.

Walwii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I used Switch toolbox to unzip zlib and gzip. Both tests have the same result. Using the unzipped file in the game didn't work either. What do we need to do for these msbt.z to work after being modified :/

By the way, Switch toolbox allows you to visualize the texts in the compressed file but it doesn't save the changes.

Last edited by Walwii,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4