Hacking I NEED HELP NOW PLEASE! DS LITE SCREEN IN TROUBLE!

Wightslayer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My friend bought me some screen protectors from Japan. I put them on my DS lite screen and now IT WON'T COME OFF!!! I've tried tape, my fingernail, and even something sharp (to the peril of my touch screen) and I SWEAR it's just not comng off!!! Please post your ideas, I need them NOW!!!

Wightslayer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
u mean it doesn't come off by if u tried u gonna rip ur screen off? noway i have japenese screenprotectors they can come off, but they are useless once u take the sticky off it

Toothpick.

no one word posts?

Yes. It's stuck firmly as anything!!! I'm freaking out
cry.gif

Really? So should I just leave it on :S But Hori protectors aren't meant to be using adhesive so if I take it off it should be ok?

Toothpick...I'll try. But there are no little edes sticking out that I can wedge it under. Same witht he pointy stuff
cry.gif
And I don't want to kill my touch screen
frown.gif

electronicsashimi I hope Im not screwed..I'm just so worried!!! :'( More help pleaaaaseeee, if you have any more ideas please yell out!

D

Deleted User

Try heating it gently with a hair dryer. Then peel it off carefully with a toothpick.

Kellicros

Trophies
XP
Country
If you're using original Hori, it should leaves about 2mm gaps unprotected on your touchscreen, giving it just enough space to peel it off. I personally would use some thin plastic that is enough to slide under the protector skin and peel it off, it works.

And, if your Hori skin has a perfect fit on the touchscreen, you've got a fake one, good luck taking it off.

Wightslayer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hair dryer? won't that warp the screen? :S
Toothpick by itself not working, no where to wedge it under and it seems that the screen protector is stuck on with super glue
cry.gif

Yes there is a gap around the edges BUT it's stuck so firmly on that I can't even lift it!!! And I could do that with my old fake one TT_TT I have the worst luck with screen protectors
frown.gif

saturnplanet5: THANK YOU! YOU ARE A GODSEND!!!
bow.gif
You have fixed my dilemma. I used the hairdryer, it did nothing but make my ds warm (or so I thought) then I used a metal pointy thing and picked at it a bit and it came off! Thank you so much!!!
I think I might have sporked my screen a but with the metal thing but who cares, it's in the corner anyway
tongue.gif

After I put it back a different one back on and put the other on a different DS, I couldn't get it off again. But now I know how to fix it, so it's all good! Thanks so much!
Yay for the fellow aussie!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True dat.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Beans and Bologna. What gurl wouldn't want to come home to that.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Guess my sister had a new baby at this point the doctors are like well see you again in 9 months
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn i should of wrapped it that time... hope she has her hubby fooled:P
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh that's cool, you gonna be an again Uncle
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Screw that family I stay away as much as I can
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh, Fam 4 Life, no ducking that one
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you knew mine you'd run
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    All fams have issues, mine too. No matter, it's still Fam. (But I know what you mean)
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Fam as in family?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, family is like the initial party in an RPG, they're just a suggestion but you can ditch them once you level up.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I love that analogy
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People are too closed in over the idea of blood is blood I believe people are people and you can choose the ones you want to be around easily
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ofcourse you can choose, but Family is bond, no matter, you have to go out of your way for family. Golden rule. "You can choose your friends, but unfortunately, you can cannot choose your family"
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but no one said you have to talk to them the only difference is sharing a name
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like how kids are born into a family business that may want to do something different and become a complete disappointment to them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True. I have cousins on my dad side I've never spoke to. Only knew of them when going to Grandma's funeral. N still don't speak with them (I tried, left my # with them, have invited them to dinner-nothing) That's life
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not saying I'd wish any ill will but I don't want their drama
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My wifey got some stupid sleep abtinovue thingy that makes noise in bedroom and I can't deal with it, Loud AF. She don't care if I'm in bed with her now, so I feel like I'm free again, I can sleep wherever, whenever. I just wondering how long this will last.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's like yeah, we have a few genes in common, but then again we have genes in common with a banana.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    So is your wife single now?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sure, as long as you can deal with a generator sound at night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And she ain't already at @K3Nv2 house.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: And she ain't already at @K3Nv2 house.