I NEED HELP NOW PLEASE! DS LITE SCREEN IN TROUBLE!

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Wightslayer, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Wightslayer
    OP

Member Wightslayer GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    My friend bought me some screen protectors from Japan. I put them on my DS lite screen and now IT WON'T COME OFF!!! I've tried tape, my fingernail, and even something sharp (to the peril of my touch screen) and I SWEAR it's just not comng off!!! Please post your ideas, I need them NOW!!!

2. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Toothpick.

3. electricsashimi

Member electricsashimi GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    looks like ur screwed

4. asuri

Member asuri GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    u mean it doesn't come off by if u tried u gonna rip ur screen off? noway i have japenese screenprotectors they can come off, but they are useless once u take the sticky off it

no one word posts?

5. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    or a pin or something sharp and solid to get under it.

personally i use a little needle thingo with a curved tip at the end. it works a charm.

but be realy careful not to scratch the screen if you're using something sharp and/or metal.

6. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Only if the post is pointless. My suggestion was serious.

Wood is soft, and toothpicks are pointy. That makes them a good choice for prying up a screen protector.

7. Wightslayer
    OP

Australia
    Yes. It's stuck firmly as anything!!! I'm freaking out [​IMG]
    Really? So should I just leave it on :S But Hori protectors aren't meant to be using adhesive so if I take it off it should be ok?

Toothpick...I'll try. But there are no little edes sticking out that I can wedge it under. Same witht he pointy stuff [​IMG] And I don't want to kill my touch screen [​IMG]

electronicsashimi I hope Im not screwed..I'm just so worried!!! :'( More help pleaaaaseeee, if you have any more ideas please yell out!

8. Saturnplanet5

Member Saturnplanet5 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Try heating it gently with a hair dryer. Then peel it off carefully with a toothpick.

9. Kellicros

Member Kellicros GBAtemp Fan

If you're using original Hori, it should leaves about 2mm gaps unprotected on your touchscreen, giving it just enough space to peel it off. I personally would use some thin plastic that is enough to slide under the protector skin and peel it off, it works.

And, if your Hori skin has a perfect fit on the touchscreen, you've got a fake one, good luck taking it off.

10. Wightslayer
    OP

Australia
    Hair dryer? won't that warp the screen? :S
    Toothpick by itself not working, no where to wedge it under and it seems that the screen protector is stuck on with super glue [​IMG]

Yes there is a gap around the edges BUT it's stuck so firmly on that I can't even lift it!!! And I could do that with my old fake one TT_TT I have the worst luck with screen protectors [​IMG]

saturnplanet5: THANK YOU! YOU ARE A GODSEND!!! [​IMG] You have fixed my dilemma. I used the hairdryer, it did nothing but make my ds warm (or so I thought) then I used a metal pointy thing and picked at it a bit and it came off! Thank you so much!!!
    I think I might have sporked my screen a but with the metal thing but who cares, it's in the corner anyway [​IMG]
    After I put it back a different one back on and put the other on a different DS, I couldn't get it off again. But now I know how to fix it, so it's all good! Thanks so much!
    Yay for the fellow aussie!