Hacking I NEED HELP NOW PLEASE! DS LITE SCREEN IN TROUBLE!

Wightslayer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My friend bought me some screen protectors from Japan. I put them on my DS lite screen and now IT WON'T COME OFF!!! I've tried tape, my fingernail, and even something sharp (to the peril of my touch screen) and I SWEAR it's just not comng off!!! Please post your ideas, I need them NOW!!!

Wightslayer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
u mean it doesn't come off by if u tried u gonna rip ur screen off? noway i have japenese screenprotectors they can come off, but they are useless once u take the sticky off it

Toothpick.

no one word posts?

Yes. It's stuck firmly as anything!!! I'm freaking out
cry.gif

Really? So should I just leave it on :S But Hori protectors aren't meant to be using adhesive so if I take it off it should be ok?

Toothpick...I'll try. But there are no little edes sticking out that I can wedge it under. Same witht he pointy stuff
cry.gif
And I don't want to kill my touch screen
frown.gif

electronicsashimi I hope Im not screwed..I'm just so worried!!! :'( More help pleaaaaseeee, if you have any more ideas please yell out!

D

Deleted User

Try heating it gently with a hair dryer. Then peel it off carefully with a toothpick.

Kellicros

Trophies
XP
Country
If you're using original Hori, it should leaves about 2mm gaps unprotected on your touchscreen, giving it just enough space to peel it off. I personally would use some thin plastic that is enough to slide under the protector skin and peel it off, it works.

And, if your Hori skin has a perfect fit on the touchscreen, you've got a fake one, good luck taking it off.

Wightslayer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hair dryer? won't that warp the screen? :S
Toothpick by itself not working, no where to wedge it under and it seems that the screen protector is stuck on with super glue
cry.gif

Yes there is a gap around the edges BUT it's stuck so firmly on that I can't even lift it!!! And I could do that with my old fake one TT_TT I have the worst luck with screen protectors
frown.gif

saturnplanet5: THANK YOU! YOU ARE A GODSEND!!!
bow.gif
You have fixed my dilemma. I used the hairdryer, it did nothing but make my ds warm (or so I thought) then I used a metal pointy thing and picked at it a bit and it came off! Thank you so much!!!
I think I might have sporked my screen a but with the metal thing but who cares, it's in the corner anyway
tongue.gif

After I put it back a different one back on and put the other on a different DS, I couldn't get it off again. But now I know how to fix it, so it's all good! Thanks so much!
Yay for the fellow aussie!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr