Gaming I need a PC game...

epicelite

Equal opportunity ass kicker.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I am officially bored with Team Fortress 2 and all my current games. I need a new game for PC that meets the fallowing qualifications.

I can play for hours and not get bored, I have no job and no life. (I would get a job if there were any to be had.)
Not a MMORPG (if I really wanted I could play WoW or Final Fantasy online...)
Online multilayer should be the games "main thing".
Has lots of people playing 24/7 and lots of server choices
Not made by EA.

Also, if it is a PC game, I can run it. (not necessarily on high settings... )

I am pretty much open for anything here. I really don't like games that are stat based, I like to be able to use skill. Can even be a older game as long as it has a strong community.

Please don't suggest all of those free games everyone knows about already like GUN and shit, retail games tend to have more players/servers.

My favorite type of games are RTS but nobody has made a good one sense Westwood got eaten up by EA.

PS: I dislike moogles.
moogle.gif

epicelite

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would get so bored with L4D so fast YOU DON'T FUCKING EVEN KNOW!

PS: Starcraft isn't for me. My fav part is makeing a nice looking base.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you up for base building then I suggest Savage: Battle for Newerth: http://www.s2games.com/savage/ although this is a free game and the rts component is only open to a few people per game (one builder at a time but they occasionally drop out) while everyone else is a shooter. Battles average 45 minutes for a good one.

On the other hand you ask for a fairly specific set of things and I am not sure there are any, tell us if you do find one though as I would be up for playing it.

nin10do

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
epicelite said:
I would get so bored with L4D so fast YOU DON'T FUCKING EVEN KNOW!

PS: Starcraft isn't for me. My fav part is makeing a nice looking base.

L4D's multiplayer is a lotta fun. even if you get bored of it in a few days i'd still recommend it.

Licardo7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recommend counter strike source all the way. Funnest game I played and never get's boring with all the custom maps.

gbasp.gif

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Licardo7 said:
I recommend counter strike source all the way. Funnest game I played and never get's boring with all the custom maps.

gbasp.gif
Oh dang, I've been playing a pirated copy all this time and really need to buy that game. I have no idea way it is still fun when it is so simple.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I agree with Ferrariman, try Fallout 3, even if it isn't online. It'll entertain you for hours, and the shooting mechanics are mostly based on skill rather than your stats.

As for online games, try Unreal Tournament 3, you might like that. And I would suggest Crysis Wars but obviously it has steep requirements and is made by EA (what's the problem with EA bar from SecuRom?)

Also lol at:
QUOTE said:
I am pretty much open for anything here.
after you just gave us a big list discounting most PC games out there.

epicelite

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ALREADY HAVE OBLIVION FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Also I said I HATE GAMES that are based on stats rather then skill.

Licardo7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ferrariman said:
Licardo7 said:

gbasp.gif
Oh dang, I've been playing a pirated copy all this time and really need to buy that game. I have no idea way it is still fun when it is so simple.
I have a pirated copy too. You just have to find the right server and it will never get boring. I always wanted to buy it but I'm spending my money on my PC rather than PC games.

I would also recommend Far cry (one or 2)Both are fun and will keep you entertained for lots of hours. Though some of the freedom goes away when the mutants start to appear in Far cry 1. They do have online modes but I think far cry 2 has the best one out of the two.

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd suggest various Source Mods
Fortress Forever
Sourceforts
Synergy

Or not source mods
Sven Co-op
Natural Selection

If you have TF2, you can play sourcemods.
Synergy needs HL2, don't know if you have that.

You'll need Half Life 1 to play Sven Co-op and Natural Selection

Fortress Forever is fun, its more TFC which I liked better.
Sourceforts pretty interesting, but pubbing kinda sucks for it
Synergy, don't know what to say, as I've mainly played 5 players with friends of mine

Natural Selection is Marines vs Aliens, one guy in marine gets to be commander which is like RTS.
Sven Co-op is interesting, easier then Synergy, but still fun.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I ALREADY HAVE OBLIVION FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Also I said I HATE GAMES that are based on stats rather then skill.

I already said back there that the shooting is almost entirely based on skill rather than stats, and Fallout 3 feels very much like a different game to Oblivion. Yes, core mechanics such as item-collecting and melee combat are similar, but the whole thing seems very different. At least give it a go, or you won't know what you're missing!

Anyway, I'm sure you totally appreciated all my suggestions, and you most certainly wouldn't shout at someone who's trying to help would you? ¬.¬

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn