Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys,absolutely good news
I found a incredible game on PC , named "braid"
what a surprise, I can't believe I missed it for years
1695349998422.png

This game is very intellectually challenging and the design is very creative.you're going to collect all the puzzle pieces to finish the story,I've falling in love with the level design and some super creative operating like going back in time and so on.
by the way ,the ending plot is also awesome,It's definitely in the top three of all the games I've played all these years

Does any one have tried this , If there are similar games, please recommend me, thank you
if you haven't try it before, believe me, give it a shot, I am sure you will going to thank me later.

Reactions: ILuvGames

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It was fairly well known at the time and still got talked about years later. I certainly enjoyed it, and it is one of the better homages to NES Mario I have seen (them and small weak thing in dangerous world was the order of the day for a lot of this).

Rogue Legacy I would probably want to note in this with it being compared a lot at the time. It is not a platformer in quite the same sense but scratches many of the same itches for me. Similarly Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons would be similar in itch scratching even if mechanically different. If going completely off then I have heard of people doing Rain World for the story, though most would probably be there for the sandbox. If story rather than platform is your thing (though still platforming involved) then do check out Psychonauts.

For fun with mechanics then Fez could be worth a look. Even without the crazy easter eggs (which for many are a noted part of the game experience) it is a quite head scratching game even if a bit light on story.

Many would probably point you at Hollow Knight and its descendants. Could be worth it. Likewise if you have not done Ori and the Blind Forest, Little Nightmares, Celeste and many of the others spoken of in the same discussions you might want to. If you never did the co-op challenges in portal 2 then do also give those a look in.

Puzzle wise for many it quite possibly began with Lost Vikings, though there will be flashes of it going back a lot further. More modernly then Trine (I quite like the second) is probably the spiritual successor if there is one, and a good game with some nice puzzle aspects.

ParkerMan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was fairly well known at the time and still got talked about years later. I certainly enjoyed it, and it is one of the better homages to NES Mario I have seen (them and small weak thing in dangerous world was the order of the day for a lot of this).

Rogue Legacy I would probably want to note in this with it being compared a lot at the time. It is not a platformer in quite the same sense but scratches many of the same itches for me. Similarly Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons would be similar in itch scratching even if mechanically different. If going completely off then I have heard of people doing Rain World for the story, though most would probably be there for the sandbox. If story rather than platform is your thing (though still platforming involved) then do check out Psychonauts.

For fun with mechanics then Fez could be worth a look. Even without the crazy easter eggs (which for many are a noted part of the game experience) it is a quite head scratching game even if a bit light on story.

Many would probably point you at Hollow Knight and its descendants. Could be worth it. Likewise if you have not done Ori and the Blind Forest, Little Nightmares, Celeste and many of the others spoken of in the same discussions you might want to. If you never did the co-op challenges in portal 2 then do also give those a look in.

Puzzle wise for many it quite possibly began with Lost Vikings, though there will be flashes of it going back a lot further. More modernly then Trine (I quite like the second) is probably the spiritual successor if there is one, and a good game with some nice puzzle aspects.
Thank you so much for your recommendation,I can see you are a high-level player.These recommendations are very comprehensive and useful, after much thought and comparison, I decide to start with Rogue Legacy

Reactions: ILuvGames

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you so much for your recommendation,I can see you are a high-level player.These recommendations are very comprehensive and useful, after much thought and comparison, I decide to start with Rogue Legacy
Rogue Legacy is really good to play if you persevere with it. You'll almost certainly get your ass handed to you on a plate quite a few times even when you've played it for a while. Dying rarely feels so cheap that you don't want to try again though which is great, even when at some point you find yourself in a small and cramped area with little health and giant skeletons throwing bones at you so frequently that you wonder if it's actually possible to kill them all without dying and then wonder how much harder the game will get with more grinding after you do kill them.

Last edited by ILuvGames,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol